Doctor /who/ general

Prepare your ass for class edition
used goods -

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gTw2YvutJRA
youtu.be/miZVEkic89I
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Winter_(audio_story)
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/CapaldiForSeries11
youtube.com/watch?v=JdOtQr-eLgk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is this death?

no it's a screenshot from an episode of doctor who

Craig Ferguson meets the Doctor when?

We go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

youtube.com/watch?v=gTw2YvutJRA
>invaders must die plays when quill goes edgy
what did they mean by this?

bingo
i
n
g
o

Not too bad for a budget saver. Ram was way too much of an arse though.

Post-op Quill is hotter than average Quill

So what's your thoughts on this?

youtu.be/miZVEkic89I

I like it. But a lot of professional moaners on twitter hate it cos its not classic who or rtd who. Even though if Rusty made it they'd lap it up

Do you think Jenna got pissed off at that?

>no based Shona
>no based Capaldi/ Kingston team-up

Have to admit that clip didn't get me hyped. But I'll watch and enjoy it regardless.

After no new episodes for a year, even shit Who will seem good to me (especially after a few glasses of mulled wine).

>if Rusty made it they'd lap it up

Or with Teethant. Yep, without doubt.

Same thing, really.

It looks like the epitome of cheesy "don't watch this with your family on christmas or they'll judge you" episodes
nardole is funny tho

The latest Class ep is surprisingly good.

I like tense, claustrophobic, trapped in one-roomers. Good performances from the cast too.

felt a bit too over the top at times
especially those "come on guys we work as a team we've faught aliens before we're the Class Crew™" type speeches

Interesting that PNess is actually portraying tanya's race-based persecution complex as a flaw rather than justified

Yeah, I have a feeling Nardole may prove his doubters wrong.

>felt a bit too over the top at times

It was certainly very dramatic. But I liked that. This one is actually my fave ep of the series so far.

I feel for you user.

Happily, my family love cheesy Christmas telly, and watching Doctor Who is a Christmas Day family tradition.

I WOULD CALL SECURITY BUT

Tanya is still pissing me off as a character, why is she there?? Rams little speech was good, but his 'character development' has just totally gone down the toilet. Last week he literally said "I'm not going to say I love you because I've only known you like a month" and now we're supposed to believe he's madly in love with April?

Looking forward to next week though it looks pretty good without the rest of the crew.

yeah that is the reason, not because of 'makeup'

So where did the makeup thing come from? Is it just PNess doing the "lol overly strict conservative religious anti-gay parents" meme some more?

I think so, it's been a while since I read them too. But in my memory the reason she doesn't make it is because she moves on from Narnia

THEY MIGHT LEAVE YOU ALIVE

that's the first I've watched of it just now. jesus christ. I get it's meant to be a parody of superhero stuff but it feels like moffat's forgotten to put any of the self-awareness into it and actually made a genuine B-movie by accident

I hope there's some sort of twist that makes it bearable, like the Doctor realising that everybody around him are acting like terrible cliche actors

Yes.

Tanya has no flaws. She's also a racist. Go figure.

she can't be a racist because racism is prejudice + power and tanya has no power

>Tell them you shot us in the back in self-defence

That was fucking genius.

That's a cherry-picked definition with no historical significance which makes absolutely no sense considering African kings played a major part in the slave trade.
By that logic, no one can be racist.

Racism is just prejudice.

I'm starting to think Capaldi doesn't work for me with a lighter tone. Hope this clip isn't an indication of what Series 10 will be like. Unfortunately he's still the best thing about the clip.

Capaldi hasn't worked since Into the Dalek

just finished Doom Coalition 3, interested to see what happens in DC4 who do you think phoned the doctor at the end of absent friends?

Lucie

>literal capeshit

I'm really glad I stopped watching nu-who half way into Tennant.

I like Capaldi in lighter-toned episodes, as long as he keeps his snarky sense of humour.

wot

Get out. OUT.

>stopped watching nu-who at it's crappiest lowest quality

Why does Tanya just get to get away with her racism?
When Class first started and everyone was making comments about Tanya's white people jokes, I defended her and the show. I said that it was just a joke, and it wasn't SJW propaganda, and that people shouldn't've taken it so seriously. But that was just plain malicious. Had April said something to the same effect about Tanya, and about black people, she would've been fucking crucified.

But besides that it was actually a really good episode and probably the best episode so far. People have been asking if Class gets better, and if you ask me, this is the episode where we can say that it most definitely does.
It was very "Midnight"-y. Everyone was trapped in one place, everyone was getting angry and turning on each other, and it all took place over the span of forty-five minutes. What was different is that we got to learn about our main cast, rather than just focusing on the horror aspect, and there was a good balance between the characterization and the intensity of the plot.
Not that I can say that episode 6 was as good as Midnight was.

Matt smiths face also bugs the shit out of me.

Is post-Tennant nu-who any good?

>Shona

>literal capeshit
It's ironic capeshit

Ironic capeshit is just capeshit.

I wasn't a fan of Tennant.

Really, you can only make your own mind up by watching it yourself.

It always surprises me to see Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead so high.

I thought it was one of Moffat's weaker scripts.

but user that's one of the best courses of action for DW

just drop the Doctor in some random genre and see what we get from it

it's been done for westerns, it's been done with pirates, ghost stories have been done to death, some books like Christmas Carol, Tom Baker had a ton of horror movie episodes, we even had Robin Hood recently

and now it's time for capeshit

>Silence in the Library/Forest of the Damned
>The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang

>Better than Enemy of the World
>Dalek
>Carnival of Monsters

Yeah, fuck off.

The whole list is garbage from top to finish honestly. For example, Time and the Rani is objectively the very worst piece of shit I've ever witnessed. Third world beheadings are more palatable. Fear Her is not even close to as bad.

>Fear Her is not even close to as bad.

go to bed RTD

>Time and the Rani is objectively the very worst piece of shit I've ever witnessed.
I heard this a lot before watching it so I half expected to be a contratrian and defend it. It was absolutely as bad as its reputation claimed.

It's pretty bad television but it's at least not one of god's biggest and most regretable mistakes like Time and the Rani

heh

Reminder there's an entire big finish audio production set DURING this scene

How

>Fear Her is not even close to as bad.

Yeah, at least kids liked Fear Her, even if adults thought it was crap.

Adults and kids thought Time & the Rani was crap.

It all takes place in the doctor's head as the master fights for control of his regeneration or something (die, doctor)

And yet I thought SitL/FotD was superb, horses for courses.

tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Winter_(audio_story)

well, not an ENTIRE production..

>tfw Matteusz dies in the Class finale

He is genuinely too good for this world.

>not liking Footface

Best Class episode yet. 5/10

that's depressing

RTD's worst episode (Love and Monsters) is better than Moffat's worst (The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe)

Love and Monsters is far from RTD's worst episode

t-b-f this last episode shown Tanya's whole "whyte peepol" shit as more of a character flaw than the first episode.

New York isn't a capital city is it?

Face me.

Will they ever address it? Will she ever come back from it?

WE GO ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON

God I hate that song

How hype are you for the Christmas special now that you've seen the preview?

Still better than the first season of Torchwood.

Tobeaitch, the least hyped I've ever been for a Christmas special.

Hopefully, it'll be better than the clip implies.

The latest episode of Class was pretty GOAT.

Idunno. It's kinda growing on me.

How can we, as the brave anons of /who/ save the show?

or should we just let it die and shitpost more?

If Sup Forums can use meme magic to get Trump elected, surely we can do sonething?

Must get a hell of a lot better then, I'm ten minutes in and it's just non-stop angsty teens arguing and talking about their feelings.

RTD's worst episode is Voyage of the Damned or The End of Time.

We already made one stab at it
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/CapaldiForSeries11

Can we please meme Clara back?

It's really not. I don't care how bad you think Cyberwoman was, nor do I care how bad you think dogs pissing on tents are. Torchwood had better characters and better writing with respect to plots. Torchwood series 1 is a thousand times better than what Class has given us so far. That's not to say that I dislike Class, but it's definitely no Torchwood.

I for one think this would be the best method.

It might help to start rumours about his character/stories in S11, just to counteract the Mirror or whoever spreading the idea that he'll be gone. Perception-becomes-reality and all that stuff Sandifer wanks over.

Your waifu is fucking dead fuck Clara

It's better than Day One and Cyberwoman, the rest of TW S1 is far better than any episode of Class.

Your waifu is going into the bin of cancellation in a few episodes

how come tv shows never have the gay couple be a scrawny feminine twink and his bigger masculine bear who protects him
they're always equal and it takes me out of it

youtube.com/watch?v=JdOtQr-eLgk

New canon Dr Who guys, get it while it's hot

>CURRIED

Omigod, those 2 were bad. And are even worse on a re-watch for masochists like me.

Time to hit Gally Base. Which seems to be the main source of the Mirror's rumors.

Rat face.

if anything The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe is forgetteable, hardly his worse