3-on-3 Basketball Among Events Added to 2020 Olympics

bleacherreport.com/articles/2714710-3-on-3-basketball-among-events-added-to-2020-olympics

Can the Olympics get any more meme? 3 on 3 basketball is not a fucking Olympic sport, its some shit you do at the park with your friends.

Also 3 more swimming events for ez USA golds.

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.com/espn/wire?section=oly&id=19588089
youtube.com/watch?v=RD9M4XiaqLM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Different kinds of running, jumping and swimming are not sports either but they still award medals.

What was your point again?

esports soon

They are athletic events which is the spirit of the Olympics. Team sports shouldn't really be included, but I understand why they are because they are popular and get viewers. But 3 on 3 basketball is literally rec center tier bullshit.

>3 on 3 basketball
>no 5 a side
>no futsal
Fucking niggers

last goal wins football when?

Olympics are physical events and require movement so this would be impossible. I do believe that one day there will be a Olympic-like league for esports with nations across the world

another free gold medal for us i guess

>Still no poetry competition
>Still no fighting to the death competition
Let's add male rythmic gymnastics by the way

>MORE swimming
fuck off

Is it half court?

>USAWINSLOL

just add it to the pile

This is the first time aquatic sports surpass the entirety of athletics in total amount of events

49 - 48

We fishpeople now.

>more swimming
based amergills

ESPN says they actually took other swimming events away

they took away some athletes places in some sports, including swimming
there will be less swimmers allowed
espn.com/espn/wire?section=oly&id=19588089

1 on 1 when?

> shots inside the arc 1 point
> shots outside 2 points

Great

even more emphasis on jumpers

>Weightlifting will have 64 positions removed
wtf best sport

Who would your team be Sup Forums?

For me:

G: Chris Paul
F: Kawhi Leonard
C: Andre Drummond

You dont look forward to curry/durant/x (could be literally fucking anyone) doubling everyone's points and cruising to a gold medal?

Greece will be fucking stacked with the four alphabet bros

This is obviously to increase parity and make the competition less USA-dominant

but I don't mind it, more entertaining

This is a blatant money-making scheme by FIBA, similar to how they tried to take over Euroleague basketball.

FIBA has their own 3x3 World Tour and is pushing 3x3 because no one gives a fuck about anything FIBA runs in real basketball. It's probable that in the Olympics there will be some requirement that you played in FIBA 3x3 competitions, which means you won't see any real basketball players. Just random scrubs.

Not to mention that 3x3 is a garbage sports product compared to real basketball anyway.
>no fastbreaks
>simplify strategy
>make memechucking worth more
>game is only 10 minutes long so you get fluke results

youtube.com/watch?v=RD9M4XiaqLM

the olympics need to fuck off. no one cares about this shit aside from a couple swimming and track and field (sprinting) events. we should just have a world championship every year for the 2 events people care about and fuck off with the other shit. no one cares how fast someone walks or how good they shoot a bow and arrow.

Following up, I want to explain the FIBA / Euroleague thing to show how delusional and greedy FIBA is.

Euroleague is a private business run by the top clubs in Europe, outside of FIBA control. It works similar to the Champion's League in soccer in that there is a lower level called the Eurocup that you can win to qualify for next season's Euroleague. FIBA wanted the shekels so they tried to create their own competitor league. Clubs told them to fuck off, so FIBA told the national associations of each country (which run the domestic leagues) that they needed to ban any Eurocup teams from playing in their domestic league (meaning they'd lose half their games and revenues for the season). The penalty for not doing so would be to have their national teams banned from playing in the European Championship. Teams still told FIBA to fuck off anyway, and then the national associations mostly ignored FIBA and dared them to ban them. FIBA ended up doing nothing because banning Turkey, France, Spain, Russia, etc (all the best teams) would've defeated the point of even having a tournament.

Hope that wasn't too confusing. This happened in like the last 1-2 years

tldr FIBA are shekel-hungry and contribute nothing to the sport

holy hell thats a shit sport. whats next, mens netball?