How does grimes get away with transphobia and why does she advocate bullying trans-people into self-harming

how does grimes get away with transphobia and why does she advocate bullying trans-people into self-harming

theguardian.com/music/2015/oct/31/claire-boucher-grimes-art-angels

telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/16/sophie-cook-transgender-woman-football-standing-general-election/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3cdk2Fs2CP0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unlawfully_killed_transgender_people
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kys

This is really transphobic, actually. Jesus christ.

Grimes confirmed a TERF as well as a talentless hack wannabe Ariel Pink
she really has no redeeming qualities huh

Who gives a shit, it's just trannies.

Good, trannies need a slapdown

because trans "women" are really just men distracting from actual women's issues

If you look at her instagram you'll realise she's changed a lot, she's used far more inclusive language, I think she said 'female identified' or something like that.
But yeah it's pretty hurtful what she said then.

this. sick of those freaks invading actual women's spaces

trans people are mentally ill.
no problem here, move along

This was from before Sophie came out. You're being baited.

You don't give a shit about "women's spaces" you're just looking for a chance to use feminist language to disparage trans people.

Or maybe I'm wrong, either way fuck off bigot.

So Grimes just assumed her gender identity? That's not any better, user

t. freak. trans issues and feminist issues are not related

>accept the delusions of trans people or you're a bigot
fuck off everybody

as a trans person this is fucked up, but at the same time i don't give a flying fuck because grimes had no talent to begin with.

Wow. Fuck Grimes

why is this album such a cult classic on here even though it sold like a hot turd? who's doing this.

>how does grimes get away with transphobia
By way of NOT being a time traveler. Grimes' comments were made in 2015. SOPHIE wasn't publicly trans until earlier this year.

>So Grimes just assumed her gender identity?
SOPHIE originally went public AS A MAN...

transfreaks should be shot in the head

see
Congrats on being so easily baited

>the city of Sup Forums

A) Making the billboard top 40 isn't selling "like a hot turd".
B) Good music.

Good grief, WHERE AM I

bump

The thing is Steven doesn't look like he's even trying. He presents as a guy. It doesn't look like he's trying to appear female, so where's the dysphoria? If he were trans, would he not grow his hair out, go on hrt, and at the very least dress more androgynously? he wears male button down shirts for fuck's sake.
to all intents and purposes, he comes across as a transtrender, and perhaps that's the main point grimes is taking issue with. maybe if he were actually dysphoric, and actually presented as female, grimes would have some respect for "her".

see

sophie coming out as trans seemed to be mostly for attention and sales
it not only delegitimizes the issues that transgendered people face day to day, but it also delegitimizes the issues that women face day to day
but what grimes is saying is not transphobic, back when sophie dropped music, no one knew the gender of the artist. so it when came to light that sophie was actually a man, I imagine grimes took issue with the fact that a man was using a woman's name to bring attention to his music.

wtf I love grimes now

Lol I wasnt transphobic as fuck in 2015.
>wasn't publicly trans until earlier this year
>grimes makes fun of people in transition while they are still closeted.
Makes it even worse, desu.

two wives? isn't he in his 20s?

is your point really that because her clothes aren't feminine enough she can't be trans? holy shit, the nerve of grimesfags

>makes fun of people in transition while they are still closeted.
Troll logic

sophie is 32 years old

you think some people killed themselves?

moral policing is pretty gay, anons.

youtube.com/watch?v=3cdk2Fs2CP0
>32 years old

i don't think the grimes cult narrative you put on everything is necessary here or relevant

If they destroy the artists I like, then I shall destroy their "faves"

can somebody detail what a default gender is and why that should be anything more than satire?

Transphobia detected.

>grimes dresses up as a boy
>g-guys i dont really have a gender!
>some one is transitioning, having non binary attributes to them.
>H-h-he's dressing up as a girl! Gross!!! Weird!!!

she wasn't attacking her career though, she made a very personal attack because her delusional feminist idealogy felt threatened

how do you self identify in clown shoes desu?

user, you can't blame someone for saying something you find offensive when your reason for finding it offensive wasn't yet the case when they said it...

see

But actually what Grimes said is highly offensive. To point at people who are doing non binary things, especially when she is aware of non-binary people, and going "ICKY. IT'S NOT REAL."
She's a rude terf cunt and grimes fans should admit it.
>HE'S CLAIMING TO BE/ACTING LIKE A FEMALE BUT IS STILL A MALE PRODUCER.
She damn well knew he was transitioning, given she claims to be aware of this stuff. She said that how he presents his gender idenity is a sham which is pretty fucking cis-privileged of her.

grimes is the lena dunham of music.

trannies are mentally ill freaks desu

What she said is no different than feminists saying mtf's cannot be in women's spaces because they aren't real women/will never know "the woman's plight". It's blatantly transphobic.

penis

I want sexy tranny peen desu

the point is that sophie does not have dysphoria, is not transitioning, is not on hormone therapy, does not present himself as female. these are things that a transgendered person with dysphoria do in order to help with the dysphoria. sophie is not doing any of that. he's more akin to the faggots on tumblr who consider themself agender or gender fluid or whatever you wanna call it, and they do it almost exclusively for attention

>saying mtf's cannot be in women's spaces because they aren't real women/
but
they aren't
they're men who are transitioning or have transitioned

whatever grimes says she is right pls don't argue with her she's a good girl

Wtf I love Grimes now

test

SOPHIE never made their gender clear, even from the start

>
>the point is that sophie does not have dysphoria, is not transitioning, is not on hormone therapy, does not present himself as female. these are things that a transgendered person with dysphoria do in order to help with the dysphoria. sophie is not doing any of that.

what is your evidence of this

if u collect the geese on her face you could fry up shrimp

>She damn well knew he was transitioning
[citation needed]

Can we all agree this trans nonsense has gone too far and people only defend it to feel self righteous in what is otherwise a morally bankrupt society?

>SOPHIE never made their gender clear
sophie WAS A MAN from the start...

based grimey truly is /ourgal/

I thought she was transitioning into Ariel Pink and her small Canadian brain was lashing out at Sophie because she the transition isn't happening fast enough for her

Fuck off faggot.

disg.

Based on their suicide rate id say they need to toughen up anyway

doesn't grime just pretend to be a man? she's so gross

no

still going

>how does grimes get away with transphobia

Because it's not a crime, you stupid fuck.

She's just pointing out it's wrong for a born man to be making beIieve they are a woman. Same vice-versa.

Gender benders are the resuIt of serious mentaI iIIness.

lt's not a phobia, it's a fact.

>moral judgments are facts

you're not dealing with deep thinkers.

lt's not moraIs, it's surgery and scientificaIIy proven wrong.

>lncreases mortaIiity rate
>Reduces Iife span
>Serious heaIth disadvantages

The onIy benefit is we won't have to deaI with them for the average human Iife span. They get what they deserve IoI

>question begging this hard

also, try citing those sources

cancer does all that too, you should get that checked out

bump

>question begging this hard
Wow you quote a Iot of things no one says. ls this a tranny hobby?

But l don't have that OR a mentaI disorder that makes me think of chopping parts off and sewing them on. Thank goodness they generaIIy don't make it past 40!

t.

grimes is the most adequate person in this fucked up world desu

Claire "I don't welcome trans among my fans" Boucher
Claire "Stop wearing drag, you fucking fag" Boucher
Claire "Quit playing tricks, you all have dicks" Boucher
Claire "The world will know peace once the trannies cease" Boucher
Claire "Killing the queers grows my ears" Boucher

i think the worst part of this whole issue is that i share a board with a good number of people who actually give a shit about this issue

CIaire Boucher sounds fucking amazing.

>WouId vote for during next eIection

CIaire wouId pass some amazing biIIs and keep these fake homo-ceremonies that mock weddings from happening.

I've seen the self-harm shit on Tumblr - it's basically any excuse to cut themselves for these people.

>Sophie Cook
Did you fuck up on purpose or do you not know anything about this situation? This is something you could have gotten correct after 10 seconds of Google. Regardless, Grimes shouldn't have assumed SOPHIE's gender and she came off as pretty TERF-y. Not one of her finer moments.

These social issues are becoming less serious. People used to protest because they were being shot at with fire hoses solely because of their race. Now well off people are protesting because their mental illness isn't taken seriously? The trans cause is trivial.

nice fanfiction

>The trans cause is trivial.
Sure it is.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unlawfully_killed_transgender_people

>Grimes shouldn't have assumed SOPHlE's gender

lt's not an assumption. Born with a:

PENlS = BOY
VAGlNA = GlRL

OXYGEN = OXYGEN
WATER = WATER

The science wiII aIways win. Evidence can't be denied, unIess you're in deniaI.

End of story.

That's not what people are speaking up about most of the time though. Their main concern seems to be being called their preferred pronouns. I just can't take that seriously

l took a Iook, but it doesn't show how those who took care of the situations were rewarded.

AII that hard work to fix society and they didn't seem to get much out of it. l guess a better society than yesterday is it's own reward.

HopefuIIy they at Ieast get free meaIs at their IocaI diners or something. Hometown heroes deserve something for such wonderfuI humanitarian work.

Trans people make up such an insignificant part of the population, why should anyone care about them? They can all die for all I care. Btw who's this imposter ITT?

Okay. Decades (probably centuries) of study on gender and how gender works disagrees with you.

You realise that acceptance of identity (which is ingrained with how people are identified and then subsequently categorised and discriminated against) centres heavily on their names and what people choose to call them? Can you process what it must be like to be systematically called the wrong name or gender your entire life?

>gender and how gender works

Like this pioneering work?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer

>You realise that acceptance of identity (which is ingrained with how people are identified and then subsequently categorised and discriminated against) centres heavily on their names and what people choose to call them? Can you process what it must be like to be systematically called the wrong name or gender your entire life?
Yeah that seems pretty trivial. It doesn't really speak to me

>REEEEEEEE HAVE YOU HEARD OF DAVID REIMAR?????
David Reimar later got accepted into a group of trans people who were very sensitive to his situation and thought he was manipulated for stupid reasons. He and his brother were brutalised, but you're not convincing me of anything here because it has nothing to do with trans people. John Money established surgical alternatives, he did not pioneer transgenderism.

So you're either being dishonest to bolster your political opinions like your typical Ann Coulter tier """"journalist"""" or you're just being stupid.

sheltered teens and trust fund kiddos basically turn every issue into "stop saying mean words :((((" because they've never experienced any serious hardships in their lives. literally seen camgirls in college complaining about people being mean to sluts and objectifying their bodies when prostitutes are getting aids and beaten to death on the streets. don't trust their word on anything.

>but you're not convincing me of anything here

No one is here to convince you. lf you're Iooking to be convinced, it's because you know Gender Benders are in the worng and you're Iooking for that one thing to bring you back to normaIcy.

You gave it up right there, you Iost.

Who is this even directed at? Trans people who've been discriminated against and marginalised their whole lives? Because I'd say they have serious hardships, and you're just burying them because you dislike them.

Of course if the whole "sheltered teens and trust fund kiddos" is actually a part of your argument you're relying on, then you need to work on focusing on the issues instead of projecting personality traits onto your opponents when you can't argue with them rationally. There are varying degrees to which people are objectified and wronged. If you deal in absolutes (all or nothing), then you have a very underdeveloped sense of how the world works. These are things I learned at a very early age just walking the streets of Chattanooga.

>u GENDER BENDERS R worng!
You're basically just admitting you don't have an argument and can't convince anybody of anything because of that.