Is the Bionicle Cinematic Universe, KINO?

Is the Bionicle Cinematic Universe, KINO?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jxiLPdvnfqE
biomediaproject.com/bmp/music/
youtube.com/watch?v=gzwH5_u4l64
biomediaproject.com/bmp/games/
youtube.com/watch?v=_N6AT9V6z2w
youtube.com/watch?v=hKus3Dh5WNE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes

Aren't these the same people who made this?

Tahu x Gali powercouple, Kopaka a shit

Mask of light is absolute kino

was he /ourguy?

dubs confirm that he was

I remember what bothered me at the time was how they had mouths on their masks that made them look like literal duck faces. Also, their personalities were not like how I imagined them. IIRC, the green guy was a one with nature hippie, the white guy was your average terminator ripoff, and the red guy was "DUDE SURFING LMAO."

>not like how I imagined them.
A lot of them weren't how Lego imagined them either. They got outsiders to write the script and they changed the personalities randomly. Poor Onua went from a silent genius to a dumb muscleguy and Lewa went from a childish jerk to a hippie Indian.

It's definitely kino though. Fuck the fourth one.

I liked their personialities...

The 2nd one was true kino

Nokama is fiiiine

>liking deviations from the sacred source material

Nah, it's okay. Except for when the 4th one did it. At least the others had more redeeming qualities.

Never saw that.

Good.

I want to watch all of them Bionicle movies, what are canon and in what order should I watch them?

All canon

Watch in release order

Where does this rank among the Star Wars films?

these three are unironically good films

those 3 + the SW prequels are early2000'score

rewatched b3 literally yesterday

i was pleased as fuck, keetongu is based, vakama is the anakin i always wanted, comfy movie

>vakama is the anakin i always wanted
You missed the point of Anakin.

Apparently his voice triggers crumpets:

youtube.com/watch?v=jxiLPdvnfqE

Read Time Trap. It's the best piece of Bionicle fiction IMO, and it's a stand-alone story, sort of.

All you need to know beforehand is there's this bad guy called Teridax who took over the island Metru-Nui, so the Toa escaped along with the population of the island (who are stored in these pod things), but one of the Toa is going back to find a powerful artifact they lost during the escape called the Mask of Time.

Time Trap is great.
I like most of the books though.

Bionicle in general had a surprisingly rich world for a glorified toy line.

>Bionicle in general had a surprisingly rich world for a glorified toy line.

>tfw the reboot started the lore from scratch
>tfw don't really care that the reboot is dead

>Still no soundtrack release

>>tfw don't really care that the reboot is dead
iktf
#notmybionicle

The music in MoL is insanely good.
>dat piano

I looked that song up a few years ago and had such a rush of nostalgia from the piano segment.

Here ya go bud:

biomediaproject.com/bmp/music/

youtube.com/watch?v=gzwH5_u4l64

:(

Those numerals don't lie. Time Trap would have been prime movie material.

>tfw the composer lost most of his music files from the second movie

Why is the universe so harsh on Bionicle? Is it jealous that it can't be as good?

>I will never be a kid again

>>tfw the composer lost most of his music files from the second movie

How does this happen?

classic Bionicle was the greatest thing ever

huh
he didnt even hate it, he was surprisingly kind to it even at the end

>Time Trap would have been prime movie material.
That speech Vakama gives as he prepares to break the Vahi. Definite kino potential.

I still play MNOG too from time to time, I used to have a tradition of playing it through again once a year. The ending still gives me feels esp. with the great music.

>MNOG

>tfw when fans fixed MNOG 2 and it's readily available to download here

biomediaproject.com/bmp/games/

The Makuta hijacked his hard drive.

TLotR rip off.

>Yfw Bionicle gets a modern day film reboot a la Power Rangers and Transformers

Nope, the reboot already flopped and has been discontinued

The movies, books, etc. only served to promote the toys, and there are no toys to sell

What is this pice of KINO right here then?

The original came when Lego was on the rocks, and desperately needed a 'killer app'. So they took some big risks with Bionicle and it payed off.

The Reboot came now that Lego is pretty much as financially secure as possible, and as such complacent and IIRC none of the designers who made the original were involved

That's part of the now-cancelled reboot

The reboot was such a fuckup. I'm not even speaking from a G1-er perspective, I was totally open to the new launch. But Lego kept fumbling at every step. This was not how you're supposed to market an IP.

Oh, they had a reboot planned for 2016?

No, Bionicle reboot started in 2015 and ended earlier this year

TAKUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'm pretty sure The Brain or Arthur a voice actor in this

This childrens toy line had no right to have such complex lore and such good movie soundtracks.
youtube.com/watch?v=_N6AT9V6z2w

How can real women compete?

Chronologically, you could watch them 2 (until the last five minutes) > 3 > the last five minutes of 2 > 1 > never ever > 4

That said, you might as well just watch them in release order since it doesn't make much difference.

2 has the most unique storyline imo

Yeah, too bad it's also the most rushed.

So in the Bionicle universe, is life mechanized or does it just appear that way? Like, are there any organic life forms?
I only remember a tiny amount from when I played with them as a kid and from that browser game.

Personally, 2 has always been my favourite. Between the music, characters, and setting it appealed to my childish fancies in the best way possible and was an all around exciting watch from start to finish. I recently rewatched the trilogy not long ago and it's kinda funny how they still hold up. The animation is a little dated, but they're fun movies and aren't hideously blatant in how they're trying to sell toys like most kid's brand films.

>tfw lost my original sets
>tfw never collected all those ball bionicles
>tfw lost my Spider Bionicle

Bionicle is kino.

>tfw no Blu-ray or HD versions of the trilogy

I never realised I wanted a blu-ray trilogy until now.

Somehow I get the idea Lego will never give us this, when they're too busy jerking off over Ninjago and Nexo Knights

>tfw Worf voiced Mata Nui in that awful 4th movie
Dorn was good, but that movie had nothing on the first three.

The characters from the 2001-2008 story were artificial. Most were bio-mechanical cyborgs, but there were also full robots. The natural lifeforms of the planet were fully organic. As I recall, when the characters find eggs from organic sea squid, they are weirded out.

In the 2009 setting, people were born the normal way and added robotic parts to their otherwise organic bodies.

hnnngg

If they could somehow re-render the movies in HD without all those CGI errors, that would be sweet. The second movie in particular looks so graphically unfinished at parts that it's a disgrace.

>Ninjago

The most cliched show I have ever watched. It was something I would have created when I was 8.

That's pretty interesting. The mix up of tribal/primitive societies and the absolutely high tech people themselves always confused me.
Thanks though.

Also, in the reboot, they are still part-tech and part-organic, but they can reproduce instead of having to "build" new people.

But who cares about the reboot?

Daily reminder that fucking Ninjago is getting a theatrical movie and Bionicle isn't

Remember when G2 came out and people hoped it would go for long enough to be featured in The Lego Movie 2, giving it a huge boost in popularity?

The reboot didn't even try to explain what the Okotans were or how they functioned. They were just generic villagers. Whether they were mechanical, organic, or whatever, it was about as well explained as the rest of G2 which is to say it wasn't at all.

>and there are no toys to sell
Are ya telling me that Bionicles aren't a thing anymore?

I only knew that they were bio-mechanical through Ryder Windham's comments. Because yeah, the lore didn't give two fucks about itself.

I want to fuck that robot.

Yes

The Bionicle pieces, offshoots of the Technics parts they may be, are still some of the coolest lego shit. Looking up autistic fan creations is always really fun

I didn't realize there were more Bionicle fans on Sup Forums.

Also the comics they sent out were done with a surprising amount of effort for stuff made to supplement a toy line marketed towards kids. That one Greg Farshtey guy gave us a lot of nice stories

I've only seen the first one, was a big Bionicle fan at the time and I was about 8. I remember I had a crush on Hahli for some reason. I also played the game of the movie, but could never make it past the snow level.

love D'Anda's art

Nokama x Vakama 4ever

Her voice was nice.

I'm not big into Sup Forums but even i appreciated the nice bits of detail and wear on the toa in the comics. Gave them a lot of character, especially when you compared them to the actual plastic toys themselves.

>tfw messaging Farshtey on BZPower and getting your most inane questions answered

I still have mine from 2001 up to the ones released in 2006. And don't forget, for being free they were had pretty top tier quality.

>for being free
Oh yeah, they were free weren't they.
That was cool.

>mfw Bionicle ended with Makuta getting his face smashed into the fucking moon

Fucking A

kek, saved

IIRC The entire series is actually inspired by a cold.Faber, one of the leading designers had one, and came up with the idea of heroes fiting a virus.

Mata Nui is the body, the Matoran are cells, Makuta is a virus which has made Mata Nui 'ill' and the Toa are medicine. They're arrival in canisters is directly inspired by taking a pill.

Nice pic

They came with a Lego magazine and every once in a while a thick catalog that was released especially during the Holiday season. Insane that shit was free. I remember the comics in the magazine that were based off a sea and Indiana Jones lego series.

>Mata Nui is the body

But I remember he was an actual Bionicle at one point.

>surprising amount of effort for stuff made to supplement a toy line
The same was true for a whole lotta things in the franchise. The early Flash content, the books, the music, Greg spending his free time talking to fans. Heck, they kept stalling the big robot reveal and hiding hints for it and other stuff years before they were unveiled. They were dedicated as hell.

mind blown

My mind was really blown back when I first realized that Mata Nui's body was the size of a continent.

He was a Giant Robot, than Makuta knocked him out, Toa reawakened him, at which point Makuta forces his mind into a Mask and shoots it into space and Makuta takes over the Giant Robot.

The mask lands on a Planet and Mata Nui then creates a new, actual bionicle body.

this was the best

And that's where the name Bionicle, biological chronicle, came from. It was a chronicle about a giant robot's biology.

>and Makuta takes over the Giant Robot.
What happened with this plotline?
I was hyped, and then it was all about Bara Magna.
What was going on back with Tahu and all them?

hahahaha last Bioncle thread I remember someone posted a link where you can still play that and I did for like an hour

youtube.com/watch?v=hKus3Dh5WNE

time slips away

>What was going on back with Tahu and all them?
Retarded shit. Hopping across alternate dimensions, bringing back supposedly dead characters, Lewa exchanging bodies with a giant elder god squid, an army of evil Takanuvas, Brutaka being possessed by unborn Makuta, and a million other plot points that lead nowhere. Also, Vezon pops up everywhere.

Tahu was leading some rebellion before he too relocated to Bara Magna for the final toyline.

When the main story went to another planet, the side stories were told in the web exclusive serials, and the writer went completely off the rails with them.