Any chance of a gundam film now when the anime craze will hit Hollywood?

Any chance of a gundam film now when the anime craze will hit Hollywood?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gXQQpxhiQ4o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

Quite high chances actually. The Gundam franchise is at an all-time low financially in the US now and it's a well-respected and iconic internationally enough to get picked up.

I can see it happening, though the chances of it being anything other than shit is close to zero.

I know everyone's with me when I say I look forward to torrid scenes of anal between Heero (Tom Cruise) and Duo (Zac Efron).

I can imagine the shitposts already

It would work if they didn't try to directly adapt a certain gundam series and just made a movie specific gundam story. Or 3 movie specific since that's how shit works these days

>well-respected and iconic internationally

fucking weebs living in their bubble

>Gundam, directed by joss whedon
>Zeong shows up
>"looks like he skipped leg day!"

Ideon is better.

>IDEON
POST THE KID GETTING HER HEAD BLOWN OFF

A live action version in the style of Thunderbolt would be sick

I love how the suits move around in Thunderbolt and the jazz is pretty cool too. Gives it a Cowboy Bebop'ish feel.

I think though...it seems like when every single established franchise gets a Hollywood movie adaption it's just always an origin story.

I don't think you would need an origin story if it was something like Thunderbolt where it's just a side story in the UC.

I just really liked the style and animation quality in Thunderbolt and I think it would look sick in a live action version

I mean... it's fucking giant robot suits fighting! What's no to like?

I saw the 1:1 RX78-2 in Tokyo earlier this year and even people who don't have a clue about Gundam thought it looked sick. It's a fucking 18m tall robot!

I forgot to post this link

youtube.com/watch?v=gXQQpxhiQ4o

>...
>!

They will probobly put the Gundam on the rebels side. Because of muh underdogs and government oppression.

Can't wait for Charposting.

>So you came back to die with your city?
>No, I came here to laugh at you.

Thunderbolt was by far the best thing to come out for Gundam since Turn A, Origin movies notwithstanding.

Yeah and hopefully we'll get a live action version of evangelion with James Franco as shinji, jonah hill as unit-01 and Seth rogan as gendo

directed by wes anderson

no watch power rangers instead.

Low, but the chances of it starting Jesse Eisenberg or Shia LaBeouf playing Amuro.

I hope they keep the most important scene

I doubt it

this is perfect

They tried that once already.

I honestly don't understand how there hasn't been one. I mean, 08th MS Team is literally how a Hollywood Gundam movie would work. It's got romance, giant robots, and a cast that isn't all teenagers. Just fucking condense it and you have a movie there