Dare I say it... better than Since I Left You

Dare I say it... better than Since I Left You

Doesn't hold up as well after a few re-listens desu. :-/

This is coming from a huge Wildflower fan.

Yes. But just barely
Wildflower's more organic feel is preferable to SILY more electro feel

It's a good album and a really solid followup to their prior album, especially considering 2016 was a year full of bands making disappointing comebacks after a decade or more of being out (see American Football LP 2), but it's not better than the original. It has some really bad songs like Frankie Sinatra, whereas even the worst songs on Since I Left You were listenable.

Nah, SILY's better, but Wildflower's got some great stuff that scratches a few itches that SILY can't.

BEST TRACKS:
Going Home
Folkstar
Harmony
Turnstiles + Sunshine + Light Up
Saturday Night Inside Out

Does anybody else find Subways & Sunshine annoying?

Those are pretty much my favorite tracks off the album wtf ESPECIALLY Sunshine

I think Subways is a bit too shallow and repetitive, but I think Sunshine is fun and beautiful and is like the emotional climax of the album.

>walks into Steam Locomotive themed milkbar with fake limp
>"Greeting Sir! What a fine establishment!
>removes trilby
>places trenchcoat with oversized collar on coat rack
>adjusts monocle
>checks pocketwatch
>loosens brass breastplate
>puts safety on steam powered glock
>unsheaths cane
>taps on counter and orders drink
>"Cheers good sir"
>*sips in gentlemanly fashion*
>thinks about how the world should adopt a steampunk aesthetic
>walk over to the jukebox
>takes out coin sack
>inserts coin
>AHHH FRANKIE SINATRA

Nah. Frankie Sinatra is Wildflower's Frontier Psychiatrist.
That's to say it was the annoying track in the album

It was actually me AOTY last year when it was released. But now it sits in the latter part of my top 5, because as albums like My Woman and A Moon Shaped Pool were “heavy growers”, and Wildflower fades a little bit over time. Still an incredible and creative album from a band who honestly did not need to follow up SIlY. Oh and I can’t pick which ones better....if Wildflower didn’t have that damn Frankie Sinatra alternate ending, it would be easy to pick

This made me audibly kek and then frown because i now hear the song being played in my head

worse overall i think, but saturday night inside out is one of my all time fav songs

LET'S WAKE UP SIDE BY SIIIIIIIIIIDE

They're definitely weak, especially for tracks that aren't transitional
I must have listened to Wildflower dozens of times but Colors still does absolutely nothing for me

Agreed, the only songs I come back to are Subways, Going Home and If I Were a Folkstar.

I really loved it until I saw them live... then it fucking sucked. ruined my image of them forever.

explain

Not even a big fan of SiLY and, though I've gotta hear it again, i just really didn't like how many features they had. Feels close to a sellout move even. But yeah that's my complaint: I wish they'd just done it themselves, no features, and on the tracks that had them, use samples and unique sound trickery to make them interesting.

But yeah, gotta hear it again.

Not at all. Subways is one of the best tracks. Colors, frankie sinatra, and noisey eater are the weakest tracks

best three song streak on the album

Sunshine is also GOAT