Are these fuckers literally immortal? I've seen some of them with vegetation and shit growing on them...

Are these fuckers literally immortal? I've seen some of them with vegetation and shit growing on them. Do they develop photosynthesis or something?

Magic

those things only exist as a backdrop, when you you accept this and move on? show isn't about fucking zombies

you should know by now that you have to kill them by going for the brain

they do rot down and degrade but take a long time doing so

they really need to stop throwing in the obligatory zombie scene every episode. it's getting embarrasing

it IS about zombies. an economic downturn or a crack/heroin epidemic is a backdrop ... a zombie apocalypse is a fucking zombie apocalypse!

and irl a zombie apocalypse wouldn't even last that long cause skeletons don't just march about willy nilly with decayed muscle/tendon ... but its just a dumb zombie TV show so who cares 2bh

Season 3 showed that they grow listless and weak after not eating for a long time, so they're not biologically immortal. Walkers that find a dead animal or person to eat (or catch a live one if they can) every few weeks will probably be in the best shape, but it seems like it only slows the decay. The Governor fed Penny regularly and shielded her from the elements, but she was still slowly losing her hair and whatnot. The ones who don't eat just keep withering away, which makes it even harder for them to catch prey, and on top of any worsening injuries they've sustained they eventually become almost completely immobile.

It's also shown that their blood is not in fact coagulated. Flies and corpse-decaying bacteria also have no interest in them, maggots were only shown on a very select few walkers in their wounds, so I don't think they're really "dead" in a sense but in some sort of scientifically-dissonant limbo.

At the end of the day, you just have to suspend your disbelief. The entire zombie genre was pioneered by a film where it was likely caused by radiation on a satellite breaking up in Earth's atmosphere.

None of it of course makes sense in a science fiction way, in opening episode of this season Rick jumps onto the zombie that was hung by the neck, he still has control over all his limbs even though the drop would have literally dislocated his head from his central nervous system

>can a dead thing live forever?

>Have to destroy the brain to kill them
>Half the time the cast just stabs them in the jaw or neck

>Zombie bites are the only way to be infected
>No one wears any kind or armor. A set of fucking hockey pads would make you invincible

>Zombies are super decayed and rotting
>Yet somehow their teeth and gums are strong enough to bit through fabric and flesh

The show is retarded.

So i've just started to watch this piece of shit, 2 episodes in. Are the characters always gonna be this retarded or does it get better. Right now, I'm just pissed that they take so many stupid choices

Also they are strong enough to hold you down and knock you over.
Why all they can eat is a living person and not a dead one? Why when they kill someone they keep eating him?
If the person they killed turns into a zombie they just stop eating?

I can buy selective immortality, but I love that they established that a bite kills you, so that every fucking character ends up mobbed by a horde and when they get out they're completely unscathed.

Yet one zombie taking a person unawares will almost always land a bite.

It's so fucking annoying, why establish the bite thing at all if you're going to do the "everybody's infected" shit?!

Guess they die a "natural death" when their brains finally rots.

>and irl a zombie apocalypse wouldn't even last that long cause skeletons don't just march about willy nilly with decayed muscle/tendon ... but its just a dumb zombie TV show so who cares 2bh

I checked the show's wiki because I'm an autist who does that sort of thing, and apparently the "official" explanation is that something about the disease keeps them from rotting. Sounds like a cop-out tbqh

we're carrying the infection like we're carrying tuberculosis.

Pretty sure the brain is one of the first things in the human body to rot into slime

Arguing the biological mechanics of the dead rising is pointless when there are so many other logistical problems we can point out.

I figured it out in Season 3 just from looking at the way the Governor has handled certain zombies. Yes it's horror fiction. It's magic. Like God being a prick magic. Since TWD doesn't spoonfeed the audience a necronomicon normies refuse to accept that its magic and instead scoff "it's just a TV Show" No shit it's just a tv show, don't see how that changes that it's magic.

They only eat because thats the only instinct they have left. They are dead. The disease just reactivates their nervous system.

Then how come they don't get bloated and fall down if their digestive system no longer works?

when things 'rot' it's microorganisms eating away at it, now that the protective microorganisms are dead or gone due to the host's death

The disease repels the microorganisms responsible for the majority of the decay

that said, muscles are incapable of functioning once the major organs stop working so as others have said, there are far more blatant issues with zombie physiology

amazing how you've managed to miss every zombie with it's torso split open and it's guts all over the place

And you would burst long before you collected enough weight to fall down

>show is called the walking dead
>it's not about zombies

Crossed does zombies a lot better
Shame Ennis just HAS to be super edgy

did you not see the episode where the group holds up in a barn and rick tells them that they are the walking dead? it refers to the survivors, not the walkers.

The comic was supposed to end there. And if only it had...

>show is called walking dead
>title is not about the zombies, but about the people who are left living a doomed existance

pottery

>The comic was supposed to end there

according to...?

Kirkman.

They've developed "plot."

remember that bedridden old fart in woodbury they were experimenting on to see if the sub conscious survives? he died of old age, and came back as a fully mobile walker. he could have potentially lived forever if they didn't kill him

You tell me..

How do Zombies even turn into hordes? Say if a Zombie bites down a human, why wouldnt the Zombie consume him? Why give the Human a chance to become one of his own? if the Virus' whole shit is about infecting as many people as possible, how would the host survive long enough to turn into groups since theyre technically not eating anything? so how do they turn into hordes?

Also a nice change of pace is, if Zombies are different in their first 24 hours and the moments after that, like once youre bitten, within the 24 hours, you will still have your mind but have no control of your body, you wil be overwhelmed by an insatiable feeling of hunger, your mind will tell you no but your body does not listen, imagine a zombie running as fast as humanly possible chasing after you while screaming 'please run, im really hungry, im so sorry', then when 24 hours has passed, your mind breaks to the trauma of eating people you turn into a regular mindless walker.

a twist is that the more fucked up a person is the lower the chances that their mind wil lbreak and still remain conscious after 24 hours, becoming a sadistic zombie that can run for the rest of its life

then why didn't it? dude needed to pay off his mortgage?

that would leave more time for interesting things instead of people talking with long dramatic pauses and always bullshitting each other

Thanks for the migraine

Basically. It was selling like hot cakes and he was making mad money. Same reason he "regrets" cutting off Rick's hand so early, he simply never anticipated it would go on that long.

>People unironically watching this.

Guys, just stop okay. There was a point where this show was fun (or you kept watching to see what happened), but it's fucking bullshit. Stop watching this garbage.

bcuz it's overrated trash

>zombie girl crying while eating her parent's body sobbing 'im so sorry mum, i love you mum'

>he doesn't watch to see the characters and world develop
don't you have a videogame to pre-order kiddo?

really kirkman?

>dude let's make the zombies super edgy
Why didn't you make this a comic 12 years ago?

dropped

I already read this on /r/nosleep

>Zombie bites are the only way to be infected

That's not true, everyone is already infected.

You know what I mean. It's the only way to turn outside of dying.

That's not true either, the only way to turn is by dying, the bite just kills you because of infections or whatever.

You may be technically right (though it's never made clear) but are still being needlessly pedantic. The point is no one in the show or comic takes simple steps to prevent themselves from being bitten.

Which is also why cutting the limb that was bitten saves the person and why nothing happened to whoever it was that got scratched.

Does the show ever explain how the zombies have access to infinite amounts of energy? They aren't eating with any regularity yet they can continue to endlessly move. Why don't they strap them up to some sort of turbine and hang meat in front of them so that they endlessly generate energy for them.

My problem with shows like TWD (and i watch every episode yet not being a massively fan of it either) is that they never really explain much of the world around them. Fear the walking dead did to an extent however that was it.

Nope. The show is about drama and rubbing heads

>mask you sumpin

Which show has more drama?

Walking Dead or Bold and the Beautiful?

the point of the walking dead is "a continuous story of survival"

it was never a story about the cause or why or how they stop it. Its literally just a story about how people survive.

Finally someone understands.

if you want zombies that that don't lose their brains read Crossed

No one should read Crossed ever.

Oh, you ain't seen nothing yet.

>wear some good quality bike leathers and a helmet
>become fucking invincible

Remember when Shane snapped Randal's neck and Randal walked around as a zimbabwe anyway?

They are powered by shitty script writing

They also develop teleportation and sneaking abilities when needed

>tfw no genuine supernatural zombies any more

Why can't they just be actually supernatural?

Its far creepier that way.

> get shot by people

I meant invincible against zombies, fight me

even magic gas to have some rules otherwise whats the point?
The writers can pull shit out their ass randomly and nothing feels coherent or logical

Did you have a stroke while typing this?

>tfw I read most of the crossed comics and even had a fap to one of the images

"Don't you get it? We are AMCs The Walking Dead®"

The vast majority of zimbabwes were people who got bitten but managed to escape and died afterwards, then you have the untold millions of people who died in other ways but then reanimated because the entire premise for the show prevents any sort of hope for humanity being entered into the equation since they're all infected anyway

The walking dead is only 1 year and a half after the first zombie.

16 months happened in the comics.

16 months later and already so far broke down. Seem extreme. Why is there so many buildings with water in them after only 16 months.

They pretty much are. They are not rage zombies, they are zombies who cant die. It's pretty much "Hell is full, so here are zombies".

Nobody have an explanation or a reason. Zombies just happened.

It was about here that I stopped reading, so yeah.