ITT we discuss this album

ITT we discuss this album.

My favorite track is Parabol/Parabola.

The album is good but the fans ruin it! Pic related it's me.

tool

I don't understand why so many people shit themselves over this soft rock dronefest.

But that's 2 tracks

1.9/10

>Shitty guitar riffs and phoned in vocals/lyrics
>Lazy attempt at ripping off dad-prog like King Crimson
>A huge step up from Undertow and Aenima

I thought the title track was pretty cool. Tool is kind of hit or miss with me. I enjoy some of their songs, but I haven't had it in me to sit through any of their albums from open to close.

On of the most talented rock bands of the last 3 decades. The just hate their own fans for being so obsessed.

Loved this when I was in early high school, but it's kinda grown off me since then.

The amount of impotent numale rage in that review was unbelievable.

nowhere near as good as aenima

this.
/thread

I dont relly get maynard, sometimes he goes full "hurr durr fuck the church, fuck religion m'atheism"
but then likes to use christian imagery (eulogy 10.000 days etc.)

all in all I enjoy their music

soft rock dronefest

eulogy sounds pretty fukin anti religious to me.

10, 000 Days was him coming to terms with his mother's death using her faith- while explicitly stating that he never believed- and still wishing her the best beyond the grave by her terms.

And this>Get off your fucking cross
>We need the fucking space
>To nail the next fool martyr

And to OP, it's a good album, Aenima is better, and Sup Forums will never ever have a good tool thread as long as it lives. Well, until companies buy Sup Forums and make the threads themselves of course. We're halfway there anyway.

King Crimson in Drop D, minus jazzy chords, plus chugs ad nauseam? No thanks.

This is one band I have never been able to get into.

I don't like the guy's voice and forced angst. I don't see the point of the whole puerile theme mixed with spirituality, there's nothing in it. I hate the tweakery, boring distortion sound and production. I'm not impressed by the 'unconventional time signatures', so fucking what. The riffs are unimpressive, unengaging... what the fuck?

it fucking sucks

It's a 10

The drumming is absolutely god tier though

Also, FUCK that album art. Alex Grey and the entirety of all that Burning Man fest type 'visionary art' shit is fucking LAME.

Oooh, that man has no skin! - it's like edgy - but also spiritual because there's a cool spiraling eye mandala and a white ray coming from his heart chakra and shit. So deep.

i'd start with their older stuff if u havent. Aenima is my fav of theirs.

t. underage Youtuber

?

No need to be offended, friend. Seems like you've taken everybody saying they're 2deep4u to heart. They're just a band, and they're pretty good writing and playing songs as a band.