All memes aside, how can you define a race...

All memes aside, how can you define a race? It's hard to stay consistent with calling people white or black or latino when skin colour ranges from pale white to pitch black in a spectrum-like manner.

How dark must a person's skin be to be considered black? What would be the exact shade where the classification changes? What other things than skin color can define an individual's race?

Notable examples:
1) Are slavs a distinct race from other "whites"? Why? Why not? What characteristics set them apart?
2) How do you define a latino? Is it based on a certain skin colour or rather the location of origin?
3) Are gingers the purest form of whiteness since cross-breeding them with lesser whites causes ginger-specific traits to vanish (compare to white/black breeding)

Scientific studies seem to indicate that genetically races are very unlikely to exist. Is there no point in classifying people by race, then? Are we all just people with different looks?

Help me out, Sup Forums. My race-based world view is crumbling. Surely there's facts to back it up?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(human_categorization)#Biological_classification
humanbiologicaldiversity.com/
humanbiologicaldiversity.com/#RealityofRace
news.health.com/2012/11/09/redheads-gene-cloudy-climates/
youtube.com/watch?v=fZ1hK5WsHZ4&list=PLd9_g7lAICxtlGbxh4_z8ik178o8CDPnv&index=6
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1893020/
sciencenordic.com/redheads-feel-different-kind-pain
infoproc.blogspot.com/2008/11/human-genetic-variation-fst-and.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You can't even define the things you constantly talk about?

C'mon, you're better than this.

>skin color

Skin color is a single trait, man.

>scientific studies seem to indicate that genetically races are very unlikely to exist

No, they don't.

>colours don't exist cause it's a spectrum

This is how retarded you sound OP. Certain medications can actually KILL those of certain ethnic heritage.

But medicine and biology is just a social construct after all.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(human_categorization)#Biological_classification
>A consensus consequently developed among anthropologists and geneticists that race as the previous generation had known it โ€“ as largely discrete, geographically distinct, gene pools โ€“ did not exist.
Also later on there is more evidence that the variance within each "race" is bigger than that between "races".

Did you even read all of my post? Skin color is a single trait, yes, yet the one most commonly used to specify a race. What else is there to set a race apart?

What races are there and where do we draw the boundary between them?

So every shade is a different race then? How dark must a skin be to be black? Or do you just make it up on a case by case basis?

>Memes aside

Get out kiddo

Facial features and skull structure are everything.

You can be a very dark skin caucasian or a white negroid.

>All memes aside, how can you define a race?

Scientifically, you can't.

>No, they don't.

Yes they do

DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND EAT SHIT AND FUCK OFF YOU SMUG LITTLE RETARD

humanbiologicaldiversity.com/

>appeal to nebulous authority via wiki
>Lewontin's fallacy

Nice.

>What else is there to set a race apart?

Genetics, and thousands to tens of thousands of years of history. That only sounds like a vague cop-out because you're ignorant.

>Skeletal structures
>Facials features
>Natural skin pigmentation
>Hair texture
>Any genetic advantages one race has over another

nigger lips

jew nose

There are many traits.

If you have pink nipples your white

If you have brown nipples your not white

No, they really don't. That's just a meme you people like to play with because you read it on the internet.

>as largely discrete, geographically distinct, gene pools โ€“ did not exist.
You cannot define the color red or yellow, because there is a continuum between the colors, so colors don't exist.

Try to ask a coroner if he can distinguish the race of a person based only on the bones.
They do all the time.

>how can you define a race?

Subgroupings of genetic haplogroups.

It's not hard for the educated to comprehend the division of race and how it functions.

Skin color + culture seems appropiate.
>Are slavs a distinct race from other "whites"?
No, they're a different KIND of white, but they share the common characteristics of white civilization
>How do you define a latino?
European + native american mix AKA Mestizo
>Are gingers the purest form of whiteness since cross-breeding them with lesser whites causes ginger-specific traits to vanish
Pure or whatever i don't know, they're definitely white tho.

>Is there no point in classifying people by race, then?
I like to use "cultural demographics" with race as an important indicator. That your skin is black doesn't say anything about you, but it does say a lot about your parents being black, and that you were raised in an environment surrounded by blacks, and those things stick with you forever whether you want it or not.

>SLAVS
>NOT WHITE
fags believe this

humanbiologicaldiversity.com/#RealityofRace

HURRRRR

Well white people are subhumans, you know the whole neanderthral thing as for everyone else is an offset of the original men and women. That look similar to Ethiopians since they were the only people to not have been fucked by some outside group of people.

frankly I don't get why they focus on genetics so much. If a monkey has less than 2% genetic difference between humans, I don't know how they can call a .1% genetic difference between two humans "almost nothing"

The thing is that you should understand is that culture is the main problem, not race. Liberals are to stupid to look past skin color and Sup Forums glorifies race because they are failures and need a way to put down people that are superior them. Though I'm not saying every nonwhite is superior.

No. Scientifically there is no race in human beings. Doesn't mean that there are no differences betwenn races.

> That's just a meme you people like to play with because you read it on the internet.ยด

lol, no. It's a consensus amoung the sientific community.

Check the methodology. Half jews from around the world are very similar to eachother genetically.

This desu.

We haven't been isolated long enough from each other to be split into different races - of course there are genetically differences, but where you put the line for what is considered X and Y race is blurred. For example some white peoples may carry a gene that is more common among what we define as black people while some black people carry a gene that white people typically have. This is especially true in countries with a history of mixing such as the US.

There's a lot of variance in facial features and skull shapes inside populations though.

If there exists an european with facial features or skull similiar to an african individual, would they be of the same race? Are they both then of an european race or an african race?

The Chinks all seem to agree that common phenotypes are easy to identify with common groups and geographical regions. For all intents and purposes, why can't that be labeled race?

Really, the whole notion that obvious genetic similarities and differences aren't indicative of certain groups of people is just a play of semantics by people trying to appeal to feelgood idealism.

Race can easily be defined. Go and get a bone marrow transplant and they will define race fucking clear as day for you.

You obviously meant to respond to someone else.

This is ignorant as fuck.

>Scientifically there is no race in human beings. Doesn't mean that there are no differences betwenn races.

>there are no races
>but there are differences between races

Ok.

It's not shades or colours. It's clusters of certain genetic markers specific to that ethnicity. In the same way different electromagnetic waves aren't specific to that wave(where does green start and blue begin?) neither are these genetic markers.... But only a autist would disband colour as a actual useful, substantial thing, that helps guide people through the world.

>bow can you define a race?

Easy, the one drop rule
One drop of dirty water spoils a whole bucket
One drop of nigger blood means you are in fact, a nigger

If you view a person's genetic makeup, you can determine their race, or their racial makeup if they are mixed racially.

You can even determine their nationality, or ethnic composition within that nationality, all genetically.

White is a concept from my side of the world. We needed a concept to describe people of European stock, or mostly European stock. Skin color isn't that relevant. White = European/Mediterranean/some of western Asia. Black = Sub Saharan African.

You're trying to reduce it to phenotype, which isn't its intended purpose.

>Are gingers the purest form of whiteness since cross-breeding them with lesser whites causes ginger-specific traits to vanish
yes

reserch the way ginger's bodies work that they are more resistant to cold only species in the world to self produce vitamin D all other humans need sun for it but not the ginger

the ginger is the purest form of whiteness genetically

>The Chinks all seem to agree that common phenotypes are easy to identify with common groups and geographical regions.

Yes, but it doesn't make a race, because the genetic differences inside those populations are enourmous.

>>but there are differences between races

Bad wording. I meant "no differences betwenn populations"

Does blood type define your race as well? After all, blood compatibility is also dependent on similiar factors (proteins).

Stop being retarded. Of course it blurs when people mix and along geographic borders. The differences between Africans and Europeans and East Asians and Aboriginals are still plain as day. And not just skin deep, obvious differences in skeletal structure, especially the face. Genetic diseases like sickle cell. That's adaptation, natural selection. There are countless examples that the differences are more than skin deep, but no one wants to say that because it's a career killer. Anthropologists will talk about how we're all exactly the same in one breath and in the next start comparing skulls. It's a joke.

It doesn't matter what you choose to call it. Race, sub-species, breed, ethnic group. They all have the same implications for mankind. We ARE different, it's in our blood, it's heritable, and many of these differences are undesirable. Don't get caught up in a semantics war with jews, they'll always win.

How about this. We stop arguing over definitions and differences and get straight down to business.

If you weren't born on the European continent within the last 100 years, you should either get the fuck out, or be terminated. And if you were born in this time, yet aren't part of any of the predominant European haplogroups after all the kebab, chink and nignog is removed, you should be sterilized.

Bonus: Islam is banned across Europe & "refugees" shot on sight / left to drown.

An idyllic scenario.

>that relevant. White = European/Mediterranean/some of western Asia
wrong

what you are describing is caucasian not white there is a difference

>David Simon
>hmmm, names sounds pretty Jewish
>google'd him
>yep, he's a kike

Sup Forums is right again. I assume he loves when goyim racemix and delude their own cultures and nations, but still wants Israel to be a Jewish ethnostate.

They aren't the same. You can often determine race by skull as well, with each broad racial group having distinct characteristics.

Yeah we never had milleniana of strict eugenics policies imposed by law. Totally didn't happen.

> only species in the world to self produce vitamin D
Do you have anything to back that up with?

Genes.

That's a load of shit. Given enough generations all the nigger traits can be bred out.

My family claims we have injun blood somewhere along the line(like a lot of stupid people do) but my nose is narrow, my skin is white and my nipples are pink. I was born with blonde hair and light colored eyes. So if there is injun blood in me its long gone by now.

Ok. Let's throw the word "race" out for a moment.

With a bit of spit or blood, your ancestry can be determined in a lab. We can determine which population groups you descend from. This wouldn't be possible if the genetic differences between population groups didn't exist.

Now realize that "race" just means "population group" in a macro sense. All ethnic Europeans are more closely related than they are to Africans, as an example.

When you can literally math it out, it's real.

Redheads can't absorb sufficient Vitamin D due to low concentrations of eumelanin in their body. This may sound like bad news, but this lower melanin-concentration means that gingers can cleverly produce their own Vitamin D within their body when exposed to low light conditions

you can find this kind of info anywhere they are also harder to sedate requiring i believe its around 40% more anesthetic than other humans

So a Han Chinese man could possibly have more genetic similarity to a sub-Saharan pygmy nigger than another Han Chinese? I don't think so.

I feel as if geneticists make nitpicky references that ignore the mean average; because not doing so would be politically incorrect and bad for their career. Chinese scientists are free from modern Western moral obligations, so they often publish more striking articles about "race" or differing phenotypes, or whatever faggots like you want to call it.

It's a nice story but where are your sources?

>No. Scientifically there is no race in human beings.
so the black niggers that robbed me don't exist?
niggers that call me branquela are just sorely mistaken i guess, poor little motherfuckers

I disagree. I would classify most of these groups, even if they do have a more bronze complexion as white. I wouldn't say the majority of Turks were white, but I would say some groups in said areas are considered white.

wasted you fucking nigger

kek demands sources

wasted you fucking sandnigger

In those juicy sexts.

BROOF A DOODLE DOO :-DDDD

news.health.com/2012/11/09/redheads-gene-cloudy-climates/

You have caucasoid, mongoloid (you) and negroid.

>Scientific studies seem to indicate that genetically races are very unlikely to exist.

Kek, genetically, a Poodle has more in common with a Bulldog than a Caucasoid and Negroid.
What science are you speaking about?

>What else is there to set a race apart?
Their genes

Race meme is a kike ploy, pic related.

So fucking obvious.

Witnessed

>wasted on a Mongolian
wew

he married a wealthy jewish writer like himself
i dont know his views on israel though

So they can't self-produce it after all, but require sunlight?

>All ethnic Europeans are more closely related than they are to Africans

Nope bro. Do your research

Yes they are. The fst score between different European populations is going to be smaller than that between Europeans and Africans.

This one also lacks sources. Sounds to me like you're just pulling facts out of your ass.

Races do exist and are a scientifically viable method of classifying people. The left has fought hard in the past few decades to change the definition of the word and refer to what was formally called "race" as "ethnicity" to trick people into thinking that it doesn't exist or is invalid. They also try to encourage race mixing as a way to muddy the gene pool and act like no trait is specific to any racial group, especially ones related to intelligence.

How about you post sauce?

Whites = Europeans
Blacks = Africans
Yellows = Asians

etc

>tfw ginger

Feels good man

shut the fuck up you get waster

Yes, genetic distance is roughly congruent with geographic distance. (except in cases of recent immigration obv, eg America)

>roughly
Scratch that, very.

That's not how it works.... educate yourself

they do they from very low levels of sun light problem with human research is no one wants to do it cause of racism it would be nice if we could examine the real differences between races of which there are many

Here is the 100% accurate test for Whiteness.

Both of the following apply to the person in question:

1. Lactose tolerant into adulthood
2. Pink nipples

Google retard
Google

I don't sit on these sources.

Do you deny that the average IQ in Africa is 70-80 too?

If the difference in IQ, looks and behavior (much more aggressive) is so different, it's more than just skin colour.

He is correct actually. Its a principle of genetic distance that what he said is true.

>how can you define a race?

science uses haplogroups
but Sup Forumsacks can't agree which are "white"
R1 invented railroads and have subjugated the majority of the planet throughout recorded history so I would argue that they are the "master race"

Read Razib Khan's blog at Unz.com.

Self-production =/= production from low levels. We all know that less melanin = more d-vitamin production. It's high school -tier information.

I'm just upset that you tried to push your self-production bullshit in the beginning instead of saying it like is is.

Yes, bro. Do yours.

Stay Strong Europe, you are all closely related.

Except for Finns.

youtube.com/watch?v=fZ1hK5WsHZ4&list=PLd9_g7lAICxtlGbxh4_z8ik178o8CDPnv&index=6

Watch this faggot, program sent on the STATE CHANNEL here.

there is more genetic variation within races than between them. race is basically culture. thats why a light skinned red head mexican like canelo alvarez is seen as representing mexico and mexicans, because he talks like a mexican, raised by mexicans, does mexican things.

theres all kinds of shit from the differences in pain that they feel the requiring more anesthetic the heightened resistance to cold related afflictions the difference in the way they feel pain there is alot of differences in gingers and normal whites i miss spoke my bad

>Lewontin making yet another appearance

I'll be sure to take a look at this later.
>program sent on the STATE CHANNEL here
That by itself doesn't give the documentary much credibility.

>scientific article not written by jews

The proportion of human genetic variation due to differences between populations is modest, and individuals from different populations can be genetically more similar than individuals from the same population. Yet sufficient genetic data can permit accurate classification of individuals into populations.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1893020/

I tip my fedora to you, senior Lewontin.

Source you presented says nothing about anesthetics though. Only D-vitamin production.

And what of this frost and pain resistance bullshit? Where are the sources for those?

He acquired his hair color and lighter skin because the part of Mexico he is from had a lot of Irish soldiers who came to fight, I think in the Mex/Amer war but I'm not sure.

I've seen Spanish redheads but he got that hair from genes, passed down from Irishmen a long time ago. And its not typical. He got picked on a lot for being different when he was a kid.

No, but you know it's not just some Nazi right-wing shit.

There IS genetic difference. Scandinavians (and Finns/Icelandic people) have genes that do not historically exist in Kongo or Japan.

The genetic difference between a human and a chimpanzee is about 1,5%. The difference between one group of humans to another can easily be 0,5%.

sciencenordic.com/redheads-feel-different-kind-pain

>be me
>learn things

thank you. that's what i get for going to a liberal school in california. i had never been exposed to lewontin's fallacy.

not just irish places like arandas were french colonies

No problem bro.

infoproc.blogspot.com/2008/11/human-genetic-variation-fst-and.html