Is this kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tDVCHKeM1Uk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Felicity Jones will now never be Bastilla

it's good but II is definitely the kino out of the two

KotOR 2 > KotOR 1

t. Chris Avellone

It and II are honorary kino. Even Disney steals from it.

why would you ever want that?

I fucking wish.
Planescape: Torment, dude

If 2 was actually finished then yeah it would be

It's interesting you say that since 2 still has the same amount of gameplay and questing as 1

Modding community almost fixed the missing content, so there's no reason to not play the game. It's quite good.

being able to play it for as long as the first doesn't mean it's not an incomplete mess that was released to a deadline, that's a pretty retarded point to make.

youtube.com/watch?v=tDVCHKeM1Uk

>Kreia will never appear in a SW movie to make them truly kino

Hold one, there's still a chance to fuck TOR. Just wait till they figure out that they can actually make tons of $$$ from it, they'll rip it to shreds.

Observation: brain of this meatbag has gone bad, he didn't post it in Sup Forums.

It was hardly an incomplete mess tbhwyf. The ending could have been better but it was still better than 1

Unironically would prefer a movie adaption of this

Kreia was a good character. I kind of wish the game let you follow her teachings instead of either being space jesus (where she freaks the fuck out for you being too kind) and literally Hitler (where she freaks out at you for being a massive psychopath)

vidya shit on Sup Forums, great

if disney buys netflix will we get a darker toned netflix star wars show, like marvel with daredevil punisher etc.

the movies are sanitised and family friendly to make the biggest possible bux broad appeal, and they have their cartoon shows for little kids, it's the only gap in their star wars spam.

I actually think there could be potential there, for a grittier show in the star wars universe, with proper scumbag smugglers like han solo should be, or a show from the dark side perspective like darth (is this word banned yet?) BANE

just somethign different from the same old hero stories

I want a crime show set on Nar Shadaa. Dark as fuck, with slave trade, drugs, and shoot outs. A proper scoundrel Star Wars.

They could even give the excuse that the movies are told from the perspective of Jedi and their mystical and black and white view of life and since there would be no jedi in a Criminal SW program, it could be morally grey and gritty.

>"It is good that you have never wondered what lay beneath her robes, if her alabaster skin was as white and unblemished as her face. Or if perhaps she bore the scars of slavery... and if that would stir you more. Perhaps her deferent tone would change once you held her by the throat, and showed her how far a Jedi can fall."

Muh dick.

where's that quote from exactly?

the thing about Kreia is I felt no attachment to her whatsoever

I could give two shits about her losing her hand, or that you were force linked, or that she was supposed to be your mentor or w/e

I liked Jolee Bindo better

cool blog bro, where can i subscribe?

The Revan reveal was one of the biggest plot twists that you've ever witnessed in any medium, and that's what made ToR truly kino, prove me wrong.

Protip: you can't

KOTOR 2 is

yourmothersfatcunt.blogspot.com

Jolee Bindo is the fucking best. Talked to him every chance I got to listen to any new stories he had.

Kreia says it on the Ebon Hawk

True but I think Kreia was always supposed to be off the scale with her own fucked up view of things. Normal Jedi and Sith didn't really apply to her and even a 'gray' position didn't fit her. You were never really supposed to get along with her completely.

The plots don't really fit well, nihilus sticks out and sion is rushed

I feel her teaching is ultimately that you should ignore her and do whatever you want.

What is that bait even supposed to mean?

when you talk with her about Visas Marr

>OMGEE Revan was you all along!!1!
I bet you think Shyamalan movies are kino

Come on you fuck admit it was a legit true ooooh shit moment

I think that does not fit star wars. when bad things happen star wars glosses over it like a classic fantasy story that it is

You just described the Expanse

Her teachings boiled down to
>the Jedi are fucking useless hippies
>the sith are edgy retards
>the Force is a parasitic crutch to both sides
>Revan knew what was up
>don't adhere to one philosophy, just use whatever works best nigga

>viewer discretion is advised

"'Troops' is filmed on location with the men and women of the Empire. The suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law."

True. without it the story is very basic and if you were role playing as someone, this addition to your character was a disorienting move. I guess that argument could be made about how it takes some of the choice from you (like bioshock with ryan) but it did not bother me, I was mildly annoyed that only way they could think to do some moments was to have cutscene incompetence

except she was also all
>lets kill the force despite most things needing it to live
>let us free ourselves by burning it all to the ground.
I mostly started ignoring her because she was hard to please and got pissy with me whenever things did not go her way.

You were never going to please kreia. Her teachings are stupid for any force user, especially since you regained your ability for it. She's not morally a "grey" jedi either. She's unlike anyone in the star wars universe. It was inevitable you would fail her teachings, especially if you wanted to become stronger through the force

Pretty much this.
Don't blind/shackle yourself with a narrow point of view. Be open. Use the philosophy instead of it using you. Be an active, not passive, force in the universe. Don't be a slave of anything. FREEDOM!!!

I fapped to Bastilla

I was hyped when I found out all the faces in the game were based on real people from jails.

Wow, what a facebook/youtube/reddit tier comment

There's no evidence that life needs the Force - quite the opposite is in fact true. We don't need the Force: it needs us. THAT was her point: it was using and manipulating us for its own selfish ends, and needed to be stopped. The Force was behind all the wars and conflict and Jedi vs Sith nonsense. The Force uses individuals without regard to their freedom or right to exist without interference. The Force is tyrannical.

>Don't be a slave of anything.
except me
>Be open
also cynical, I will be pissed if you don't say you are willing to murder your crew the second they seem disloyal

>Jolee Bindo is the fucking best

he really was, just a common sense nigga, btfo the whole retard jedi are celibate monk autists theme from the prequels.

I can use the force, I have basic morals, getting my dick wet doesn't change this.

>There's no evidence that life needs the Force
le legacy I know but vong lived without the force and it made them crazy. Think of it like being hollow in dark souls or like losing breaths in warbreaker. your own character feels diminished without the force, like their is a filter over reality and one could argue that they only feel like that because they at some point had the force but you can't be sure.
>it was using and manipulating us for its own selfish ends
it has not even been proven that it has any will. and I wonder how force users killing each other would serve it.
>The Force was behind all the wars and conflict and Jedi vs Sith nonsense.
That is a very simplistic view + there are all the other force cults that have nothing to do with jedi or sith.

One of the few kino occurrences in vidya

Our masters have a way of seeing more of our faults than we'd like.
It's the only way we grow.

>I wonder how force users killing each other would serve it
The Force, when abused, is unbalanced. Any unbalance seeks to rebalance itself. So, when dark sithy types start unbalancing, the Force naturally begets some jedi light types to fuck them up and restore the balance.
Quite simple when you think about it.

That is wrong or more specifically that is only 1 view of the force. it does not account for the difference between the living and the cosmic force or the possibility that the dark side is a perfectly natural part of the force

>kotor thread on any goddamn board
>front page and tons of replies

every
fucking
time

Also the 2nd one is far superior

Fuck the Ebon Hawk's hum, it just screams despair. True kino right here.

>developers had written the story for kotor 3
>trashed it to make tor instead

is this the biggest upset since the election

>possibility that the dark side is a perfectly natural part of the force
Let me just stop you right there, user.

yes, but not a surprise

It's in my top three games, right after Planescape: Torment and before NWN: Mask of the Betrayer

>is this the biggest upset since the election
Only is you're a shillary supporter.

KOTOR 1 is a pretty standard Star Wars story. Still a good game though.
KOTOR 2 on the other hand is absolute vidya kino. Kreia is hands down the best character in the SW universe.
Too bad a movie with the themes of KOTOR 2 can never be made because normies wouldn't understand it.

>casting Bastila
>anybody but Kate Beckinsale

What did he mean by this?

beckingsale is about 20 years too old to play bastila famalam

Still love this twist many years later. Haters gonna fucken hate

Bastila is like 18 years old in Kotor 1

Always go Darkside. What is the hold up with all the new Star Wars games? Dice is pumping out Battleshit II but every other project else is quiet.

Stop saying kino it's gay

saged faggot

t. reddit

Wanna get mind blown?
Arren Kae was the old teacher of Revan. She was a Jedi master who fell in love and was cast out.
Then, Darth Traya was born. She held the galaxy by the throat but was betrayed in turn, cast out by the Sith.
Thus, Kreia was born.

If you look at her name, it reveals her entire philosophy.

Kae = Light Side
Traya = Dark Side
Kreia = Dark and Light Side.

[K]-A-[E] + T-[R]-A-[Y]-[A]
K-R-E-Y-A

K I N O

I'm sad that the Mary Sue in the new canon isn't as entertaining as the old one.