Redpill me on the difference between Portugal and Spain

Redpill me on the difference between Portugal and Spain.
Know litterally nothing about Portugal other than that they buy fish from us.
Looks nice tho, would like to visit some time.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Tordesillas
youtube.com/watch?v=y-NeKMhc-ro
youtube.com/watch?v=dxWDu0gCNMo
youtube.com/watch?v=mrVbxp2kNg0
youtube.com/watch?v=CNrueY0zsTU
youtube.com/watch?v=rzMRBR37Lgk
youtube.com/watch?v=RjBLd-WFKJk
youtube.com/watch?v=sVYsPatD69c
youtube.com/watch?v=d-RFpfUeEqE
youtube.com/watch?v=I_a-MTugfSA
youtube.com/watch?v=RD3tzVQmeGM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Crusade#In_mainland_Iberia_.281108-09.29
youtube.com/watch?v=Wy2wkORpplM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Same than the difference between Germany and the Netherlands

Coming from the same common people, our political history takes place differently and that causes our language and identity to take two different tracks.

There is none, simply independent provinces.

This desu.

Also we split the world into two: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Tordesillas

NL and Germany is more a split on cause (NL mostly mercantile in nature, germany mostly imperial in nature) and culture, whereas Portugal and Spain is split on just culture.

>(NL mostly mercantile in nature, germany mostly imperial in nature)
NL is probably as much, if not more, imperialistic than Germany.
Also, Germany literally started the Hanseatic League which is arguably the second most influential trading league.

Portugal and Spain however could be seen as mercantile expansion (Portugal) vs imperial consolidation of land (Spain) way more than NL vs Germany.

>Portugal and Spain is split on just culture

culture, geography and language, the only thing we have in common is the frontier.

I guess our stranglehold on the market with the VOC/WIC could be called imperial but it wasn't for land. We just extorted the population for the big profits.

>Split on geography
Very true

Is there a huge difference between Portuguese and Spanish? Honestly they sound rather similar to me.

That's not really true. The geography is pretty much the same. Language and culture wise we're very similar too, culture being a corrupt hard catholic one with some old celtic/pagan elements, and the languages sharing 89% of their vocabulary.

That's literally the same as us vs. Spain then. We even started the Atlantic slave trade.

Spanish is rather easy, Portuguese isn't

estais olhando ao atlantico e nós olhando ao mediterraneo, creeme quando te digo que sim... há diferencia.

We conquered Ceuta because we were looking at the exact same place as you. In fact, we went around Africa to reach India just to circumvent and find a new way to bypass the Mediterranean that we couldn't reach.
Also, you stopped having your eyes on the Mediterranean a long time ago. Your main profit was the New World, not the Old one. Just like us with Brazil.

And you both are complaining about your country 24/7.

That's also true, nice catch.

that's a Latin thing

The French don't seem to do it as much.

They only do it in French.

os franceses nao existem, todas as bandeiras sao marroquinos ou de argelia.

Hm.. Probably, yes. Except argentinians, maybe. Didn't saw them hating their own country. Maybe they're just get used to it. Or maybe they're not enough latinas.

Whether immigrants or not, it's much more frequent to see a French saying how great Napoleon was than complaining about whoever their president is.

Portugal is suebi
youtube.com/watch?v=y-NeKMhc-ro

youtube.com/watch?v=dxWDu0gCNMo

youtube.com/watch?v=mrVbxp2kNg0

youtube.com/watch?v=CNrueY0zsTU

youtube.com/watch?v=rzMRBR37Lgk

youtube.com/watch?v=RjBLd-WFKJk

youtube.com/watch?v=sVYsPatD69c

youtube.com/watch?v=d-RFpfUeEqE

youtube.com/watch?v=I_a-MTugfSA

youtube.com/watch?v=RD3tzVQmeGM

>have some people that magically don't look like moors
>WE WUZ GERMANIC N SHEEEIT

Our most common Surnames and Names are all GERMANIC AND SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT because of their invasion and settlement of the peninsula.

Gómez, Ródriguez, Fernandéz, González.

These names (here at least) imply that you have WE WUZ blood in you.

portuguese people or spaniards don´t share genetic proximity with moors/northafrcans.
iberians genetic proximities is with other west europeans, for obvious reasons.

And we are not suebi, the same way we are not romans. Portuguese people are old euro-white stock, paleolithic (proto-celtic) and neolithic.

We do have some "Moorish" phenotype around, even if they're very rare.

Ah yes, much better.

There is nothing like "moorsh" phenotype... this scottish guy has a "moorish" phenotype?
LMAO

btw, here you have the dominat phenotypes of Portugal, ranges from atlantid to west med.

portuguesephenotype.blogspot.com/

My Brazillian friend showed me his Portuguese grandma and she was very Northern European looking - fair skinned with blue eyes. Portugal confirmed celto-germanic.

I didn't know Norway's only crusade liberated some cities in Portugal from the saracens.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Crusade#In_mainland_Iberia_.281108-09.29

>They took the castle, and killed every man there, as they had refused to be christened.

People forget that iberia was a playground for crusaders from north to south and basically any Larper in the courts of scandinavia

>the town of Santiago de Compostela (Jakobsland)
That's so cool. Learning the name of a city in another language like this.

we are not germanic.
We may have some germanic input, put overall it is smaller than the atlanto.med one.

If we see,the peoples worldwide, more closest to portuguese and spaniards genetically, germans are in the 7ºplace, first you have north-italians, french, cornish(south-english), austrians...

has can you see, moors are not even in the top 30, that "moor" meme is a complete joke.

One is a third world poor shithole
The other is Portugal

>Tordesillas
Sound yummy

Their women have moustache, they sell towels and they want become part of Spain. That's basically Portugal.

Only on the retarded antrophoras as The Apricity or Skadi etc.

In reality they're not ''moor'' nor ''germanic'' lol, they're simply Spain and Portugal with the usual phenotypical range you can find in every populated southern or south/western european country (as us and France)

sure, sure, are you projecting you panchito moustaches in our women?

Latin political union when?

Portugal is actually Southern Galicia. Few know this.

Portugal is Spain but the Portuguese are not Spaniards because they do not deserve to be part of our glorious master race. They are nothing but a bunch of smelly scum descendents or Moorish traitors and Marranos. Inbred pigs that do not deserve to live on the Iberian Peninsula, they should live on ships at the sea or return to Africa.

Spain is Iberia but the Spanish are not Iberians because they do not deserve to be part of our glorious master race. They are nothing but a bunch of smelly scum descendents or Moorish traitors and Marranos. Inbred pigs that do not deserve to live on the Iberian Peninsula, they should live on ships at the sea or return to Africa. We should literally build a wall to keep these disgusting chicanos out.

Fucking inpure moorish scum.
Bow down to our Suebi-celti race

>Spain is Iberia but the Spanish are not Iberians because they do not deserve to be part of our glorious master race

Shut the fuck up flamenco andalusian

It's just banter mate. Jesus.

>Redpill me on the difference between Portugal and Spain.

Well, not a big difference, but we are 2 nations, with differente languages.
We fought together to expell the muslims, and then we separated the world in 2 for us.

we are bro tier, but spanish tend to be a little more loud then us, we tend to be more melancholic and poetic.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wy2wkORpplM

that would a festival of corruption

corruption probs are not high in iberian peninsula, eastern europe is much more.
but what a hell a colombian know about it..nothing

I wouldn't be that hard.

Italy Spain France and Portugal ? Sure it would a little too much favors for friends, but it wouldn't be that high.

Italy is the worst but it can be managed, I think.

You think incorrectly. You have no idea of the kind of shit they have going on in Napoles.

>Norway
>Very clean

kek

the difference is that portuguese people are much more educated, beautiful and civilized than spanish people

portugal is one of the best countries on earth while spain is not even close to it

i wonder who's behind this post

>the difference is that portuguese people are much more educated, beautiful and civilized than spanish people
>portugal is one of the best countries on earth while spain is not even close to it

Brasil superpoder 2022!!!

Genetically we're the same shit. Culturally, not so much.
My totally unbiased review with some non-mentioned exceptions, of course:

>Spaniards:
Loud
Sound like low-IQ retards with a toothpick across their mouths
Affable, but a bit arrogant
Happy-go-lucky (actually miserable)
Prone to infighting, fragmentation and civil war
Lost all colonies who broke into dozens
Warm hot weather, low precipitation
Like to eat
Put tomato and garlic on everything.
Eat tons of meat
Very artistic, but not very pragmatic.

>Portuguese (Galician-bros included):
Quiet
Sound like drunk retards with potatoes on their mouths
Reserved, but with decent hospitality
Miserable (actually miserable)
Do not enjoy fighting each other and mostly work towards the same goal (even if it sucks)
Brazil stayed together and gained independence relatively peacefully
Like to drink
Use more than one spice thanks to glorious WE WUZ empire
Eat tons of fish/seafood
Very pragmatic, but not particularly artistic (except song and literature)

Don't forget we're suebi

Eh. We're not any more Suebi than they are Visigoths. Our accent is, though.

Honestly, you should listen to some Breton or Gaelic, because our accent sounds a whole lot more like that to me.

>i-i-i swear guys, w-we are germanic

I just said we're Celtic.

It's hard to imagine that a Celtic accent would last both the Roman and the Moor conquests, but I guess it'd only have to hold up until 1250 when the last populacional shift occurred.

There's also the possibility that it simply developed on it's own due to isolation, I guess.

It's not that hard to imagine that considering no big amount of the population was really displaced during those conquests. Anyway our accent comes from the North, can you imagine what other accents there must've been before the Muslim Invasions? I think that's so interesting.

people didn´t change their accent, lusitanians and all other indo-european tribes, just started to speak the latin, 90% of our language comes from latin.

But they spoke it with an accent, which is where the different varities of vulgar Latin came from.

Not just the accent. Every romance language is basically a latin creole.

And not from the same version of Latin either. Portuguese/Galician took a lot from ecclesiastic latin, for example.

I didn't know that. Can you give me some examples?

The more common one is how we don't use the Roman names for days, because priests (one in particular I don't remember) didn't either.

Instead we count fairs from Sabbath (the old holy day before Sunday).

Yes I know we use the papal system for our weekdays. But in Galicia they don't, I don't think.

But that's later Castilian influence. If they don't now, at least they did then.