Today when I got off duty I went to a local surplus store and a woman approaches me with her two sons who look about...

Today when I got off duty I went to a local surplus store and a woman approaches me with her two sons who look about middle school age. She then ask me "Are you really in the military?", granted I am in full ABU's. I reply "Yes ma'am I am". This lady then informs me that she had to ask to make sure I was not an imposter and that she has encountered many before.

I have had my fair share of "thank you for your service" and "let me shake your hand son" but I have never had a lady ask if I was an imposter. I couldn't make sense of the encounter at first but then it sank in, there are people in this world that put on a United States Military uniform, spend months away from the ones they love, leave their world behind to keep this nation safe for a population they have never met. Theses men and women of all ages don't ask for the glory and praise that they deserve, most are humble and reply kindly to those who thank them but they do not seek it out. Then there is the scum and dirt that half ass put on a mix matched uniform and parade the street as imposters. Lying and spreading stories of false valor and bringing shame to the uniform. This bastard breed of people should not be allowed to breathe the same air as those who have put their life on the line for this nation. They should not be allowed to walk on the ground that has been paid for by the lives of the ones they imitate. If you do not, or have not served this nation, then do not disgrace the uniforms of our defenders.

>ABU's
>implying you've done anything dangerous in chairforce

This isnt a dick measuring contest but aircuck is right although the rant was leaning abit autisitic

wall of text please learn to format your posts

until soldiers fight in a non-zionist war, people are gonna continue not giving a fuck about stolen valor faggots. they aren't our problemo. deal with them yourself, crybaby. you're essentially asking for other anons to invoke the welfare queen meme.

S T O L E N V A L O R

Tldr: dog bless ameriga

I see guys in military uniforms every weekend, whether it's over here or in Helsinki.
I've never even seen anyone talk to them, I don't understand how people in the US can just go up to a stranger and start talking to them over some menial nonsense like the clothes they're wearing.

What I hate is 80% of the people serving right now want their ass kissed and hate stolen valor even though they will not and have not seen combat. The bulk of their work is watch or paperwork. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

>people choose their jobs in the military

Kek

nigga who pretends to serve in the army hahaha maybe they wear surplus jackets but i doubt they lie about serving, you usually liebto talk yourself up not down lmao

Dumb Soldier cuck fighting for the eternal Jew for oil. I bet you failed school like most soldiers and got your wife fucked by Jamal

It's just a piece of textile fitted for a human body that's there to keep you warm lmao

that wasn't remotely implied

I'm starting to think you're slow in the minds

I agree. My wife's son joined the fight to further our country's capitalist globalist Jewish agenda and I can I am truly proud to have funded his upbringing from my cuck-shed in my wife's backyard.

Fortunately his father came from a hardier negro stock, so he is well built to call in drone strikes on Pakistani weddings.

God bless our troops

>cant choose job
>slow
HOORAH DEVILDICK

after basic training you generally get a choice unless you're pants-on-head retarded or excel in any field.

>His ASVAB was so low he didn't get a choice

Stfu with your "stolen valor" nonsense and sit down GI joe.

This is exactly why I hate most military faggots who parade around like they are worth half a shit when they don't know pain or loss at all. Stolen valor doesn't mean a damn if the military itself is full of politicizing shit heads and commanders who can't effectively command simple combat missions.

This isnt 2007 anymore. Unless you join the Army you are not getting a choice. Even with a sky high ASVAB score. You will get to choose off a short list of bad jobs, and get kicked out of your DEP program if you dont choose one.

>shame to the uniform
Displaying yourself as a Jewish pawn is shame enough

Kek

ok but he never said or implied you get to choose or not choose your job so basically you're retarded and I'm not surprised you signed up to die for Israel

>hardcore vet after dropped from basic meme

I got a submariner position as a nuclear tech ensign. My brother in law is a lieutenant and my father in laws brother is a commander. You're just a dumbass who makes excuses for your own failure.

t. Welfare Queen

Welcome to the E-7 wife who cheats on her deployed hisband as he then gets promoted to E-8 and the wife ends up being an entitled cunt as the husband slowly coniders suicide every day because the cunt is such an entitled whore that she leaves him.

Do you even remove kebab bro?

Thanks for your service goy-I mean, respected US Citizen. So when will you be deploying to fight for Israe-I mean your country?

Is that what you'll tell yourself when you fail out of training?

You get to choose whether to present yourself like john rambo landing under sniperfire in bosnia when all you did was file paperwork.

Look, a job is a job and you could very well do a aggod one, just don't be surprised when people look down on you for being prideful about an occupation which is often, on the whole, about as dangerous and useful as that done by the average cubicle drone.

Every officer ive met was super fit or able to hold his own.
What is your excuse dropout

that thing would look a lot cooler if it had a bayonet and a grenade instead of some shitty old musket

wall of

text
please
learn to form
at your pos
ts

I was in the Marines. I never met or heard of anyone in the service that was looking for a pat on the back. I'm sure they are a few out there, but 80% seems like an extreme exaggeration.

Most just want to do it or are in a position where it is an attractive alternative so they do it. I always wanted to be a Marine, so I did it.

I am more violent than the average person, enjoyed fist fights, very good in the woods, very good with a rifle, very athletic, and have a high tolerance for pain, so seemed like a good fit.

If anything I feel weird when people say thank you or make a big deal out of it. I don't know them and didn't join to help them. It's thanks I don't really deserve but it's nice to not be called a baby killer or spit on at airports.

Are there plenty of immature people in the military? Yes, without a doubt, I was one of them. I saw the military as kind of like a continuation of high school but with guns and danger.

I enjoyed my time in and enjoyed the friends I made. I signed the dotted line and fulfilled the commitment, that is all I ever expected.

The military is a great place for those that haven't quite figured out what they want to do. It motivated me to finish college with an Electrical Engineering degree and several years after graduation went back for an MBA, mostly paid for by my employer.

It may not be for everyone, but it still serves an obvious purpose and is still a good fit for some.

thanks leaf dont let anyone tell you ur gay I appreciate leafposters

CIB>CAB

EIB>CIB

National defence ribbon>everything

Why the fuck are you wearing uniforms off post? Fucking army and airforce fags.

They should test for EIB right at the end of OSUT. It's damn level 1 tasks

MoH?

>a while ago riding public transit to shit job
>its storming bad, can't even really see out window
>black bus driver gets on bus intercom
>'don't worry guys i drove tanks in afghanistan this ain't nothin'
>few stops later, old white guy getting off bus
>looks at driver and says 'thank you for your service'
>very sincere and serious, shakes his hand
>bus driver just starts laughing and the entire bus starts laughing too.

I had known vets before that told me all they did was move money and kill civilians, and I just took them for brain damaged conspiracy tards.

after that experience i don't know anymore. that thuggish nigger just laughed in that old guys face, he wasn't proud of anything. he probably did nothing to be proud of, I don't think any of you military fags have.

Drivers Badge>MOH

I did, right?

Yes thank you Australia for reminding us all to be more tolerant of illiterate retards such as yourself.

OP please use plenty of meme arrows and XD's and ((())) so our Aussie friends will not get upset in the future. God bless.

Pretty much agree with you.

100% agree, good conduct medal is right up there with it

How old are you?

It was an article 15 to wear anything other than Alphas or Charlies off base when I was in. You could wear cammies if you didn't stop anywhere between the base and home.

Now I see all branches of the service wearing cammies everywhere. I get letting them wear them coming back from deployment, but around the base in town is just not how it was when I was in.

yet officers and senior enlisted still fail

NO-GO!

Motor T is now the kings of battle.

Interesting.

I love your ice cream sir.

Dude.
Free Applebees.
Can you blame them?

*sniff
Im sorry, kt just brings a tear to my eye.

>muh military

True blue for this guy. Almost got fucked out of it on grenades though

water purification FTW!

>intentionally sent tainted water to village=127 confirmed kills

>NDR
>Better than Army service ribbon

spotted the BCD faggot

i never go out in my ABUs. ever. i get my flight suit soon and i'm not going to wear that in public either. why make yourself a target?

>Muh stolen valor

When you are in the continental United States your uniform is a costume. No such thing as a legal standing army.

almost got fucked for getting caught smoking on the 12 mile

Sure thing bro
I bet it has nothing to do with the free benefits and a roundabout way to get into college because you almost flunked high school and had no direction in life

Did you get to deploy any small pox blankets?

Hearts and minds.

Did you put notches on your water bull?

>contractual agreement="free" benefits

You're full of shit. The wait time for nuclear officer is 2+ years right now. The only way you'd be going into it is if you changed rates and are a Mustang, which is a slim to none chance of that or you're going in as enlisted and you're lying on a Mongolian horse posting board.
I hope it's the second. If I see you in one of my classes I hope you were good at proofs in school because you'll be doing a lot of them.

>leave base in ACUs
>civilians treat me like some kind of war hero
>i'm just a POG who pulls weeds out of concrete all day.

That is some Uni bomber manifesto shit there. What is your stance on paying Income Taxes?

Do you live on the grid?

I notched my canteen cup. And no, no smallpox blankets. Plenty of piss filled gatorade bottles and rip-its full of dip spit though.

Keep it to 140 characters or less if you really want me to read your snivelings.

>uni-bomber

Brit-bong detected? Here to spy for the queen Arnold?

its probably because you are such a soup sandwich she thought you looked fake

>clothes are just fucking clothes. eat shit.
> '"valor"' cut the shit you are not valorous.
>people buy used old military surplus shit all the time, its not suddenly NOT gonna keep them warm just because it has a stripe on it.
you are over sensitive and should be quiet.
the military is a joke, you just do what the faggots up top with all the money tell you to.
its not for your neighbors or community, its not for your family, its not for your country, its for
THEIR wallet. you just wanted to play soldier and feel special. but its all bullshit.
>so why bleed your rectum about dumb women who think its their job to check if people wearing clothes deserve to wear them?
>you just earned a medal for being less valuable as a human than a japanese body pillow.
>hope they dont steal that valor too you bitch.
*you are a bitch.

Nope, just think unabomber looks odd. It was one guy and he was a bomber uni bomber seems like the right word.

Funny I didn't even remember that the press dubbed him unabomber. Leave it to the media to find a catchy name for a lead story.

>bomb children with sticks and bombs that are literally made out of pots
>protecting the country
>brave warriors etc. etc.
I will never understand this

I'm 20, navy fag though.
Only time I wear uniform to do anything off base are my dress whites/blues when doing charity events that require them.
Other than that I was in cammies once off base when grabbing some food for myself and coworkers.
As far as I know Navy and Marines still follow this, but its not unusual to see soldiers and airmen around in their cammies.

>what is military grade bait?
Hope that hook doesnt cut that cock holster you got there

>anyone with a uniform with lower rank
Ftfy

>neo Sup Forums no longer respects the brave men of the armed forces

what happened?

Peacetime military, senpai, shitty government.

Basically

I will say though a lot of my fellow service members I'm kind of sick of being around. Sick of all the people who joined for benifits/free shit. I am thinking of switching to the army and getting into combat arms. (Medical Right now).

Thank you for your service.

It's an election year. There are more shills and shit-posters than Sup Forumsacks on Sup Forums right now.

We still respect you bro.