You did see this masterpiece when it had its original cast, right?

You did see this masterpiece when it had its original cast, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o10xcWo2k04
youtube.com/watch?v=M8U4T1IH1C8
youtu.be/pMYRYKvAEaY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Anyone on Sup Forums knowing what it was before last night after the thin skinned president elect went on another twitter tantrum begging for same spaces and an apology

>Clinton supporters love Hamilton
>Hamilton was a big proponent of the Electoral College
>mfw

An unaccurate show for an unaccurate audience.

>enjoying musical theatre

last time I checked I wasn't a raging homo

checked just now: nope, still no homo

>calling other people thin-skinned while getting 3rd hand triggered
huh

the word is inaccurate

>niggers playing the founding fathers of our country
FUCKING DROPPED

Hamilton wasn't a bigger no matter how,much that spic wishes him to be.

I jdon't see why they just can't make a multicultural musical that doesn't involve the founding fathers. What do they get out of changing the skin color of them, and then they specifically call for non-whites only. This is just as bad whitewashing.

>gets 2nd hand triggered

wow, ez

>It's another political bait thread

Haven't you Trump supporters done enough damage already?

>getting 4rd hand triggered
heh

>You will never be so angry with blind, racist rage that you forget how to spell and use commas correctly.

Feels good, man.

>be dumbass in highschool
>learnig about ALexander Hamilton
>teacher shows class video of that spic doing a portion of the musical at Obama's dinner ceremony. (At the time I had no clue it was a musical)
>"YO YO ALEXANDER HAMILTON MIUDDA FUGGA I WUZ BORN IN DA CARRIBEAN I'M A DOPE ASS MUDDA FUGA"
>teacher:"ZOMG SO CLEAVER SO RANDUM :DD"
>to myself "I'm so glad that it's only a skit. This unfunny faggot isn't going far."
>future me: "I have some bad news for you..."

Probably fake

Sure, I did! I have the bootleg!

Nah, there are musical fans here. I tried to start a theater board on the other chan but no one wanted to post there.

>just as bad as whitewashing
Not true desu. This is much worse because it has darkies in it.

Sadomachism.
It's the only reason for torturing and demoralising a race like this.

>probably

UH OH

YOU MADE THE WRONG SUCKA A KEKOLD

I am also extremely upset

>oh no somebody just posted proof that Trump is a Nazi, if I say that it's fake I can ignore it.
Kys nahsii

You should watch it. The dubbed recordings are watchable. It's not just having black people portraying the founding fathers. It is very much using hip hop culture (the debates between Jefferson and Hamilton are rap battles for example), which makes the casting seem more fitting.
I thought it was great. The only thing that annoyed me, but something that was also a part of Ron Chernow's biography, was the portrayal of Hamilton as an abolitionist, which is a bit of a stretch. But it's a minor part of the play.

me to

Will do

>everyone says it's great
>listen to soundtrack
>it's absolute shit

Must have to be a rich old white lady to enjoy this crap. I'll stick with Gilbert and Sullivan

>black guy writes a rap musical about a white guy and cast himself for the lead role
>"WAAAAAH! WHY THEY NO HAVE WHITE PEOPLE?"
I never understood this criticism.

I'm not a fan of historical revisionism, so no. Also, Alexander Hamilton was an imperial asshole.

>Musicals are for fags!
perma pleb plz go.

>historical figures are ACTUALLY WHITE
>cast non-whites to play them

Yeah, I wonder why someone would be critical.

He not a spic you fucktard he is a Island nigger

Hamilton was the OG cuckold. Awful man. Aaron Burr is a hero for shooting him dead.

I'm just glad all of these people will be summarily executed under the new American Regime, and it's about damn time. We're actually putting together a death squad in my area to cleanse all the niggers and homos

Why are you here CTR?

Nobody fucking likes you. You never post anything clever or funny. Sup Forums might get annoying, but at least they make me laugh. You unemployed failures just suck the threads up.

Step it up, or kill yourself fat girl

Its a meme-production. Knowing about it is practically basic knowledge.

Why does no one have a problem being in the same room as man with HIV? I would never risk that shit

When tf did you graduate?

I would honestly go to see it if I had the money but 800+ dollarinos for a play is too much.

Childhoold is idolizing Hamilton
Adulthood is realizing that Burr made more sense

Underage b&

I once saw a rendition of Tristan und Isolde where the set was made to look like an RV park.
Shit is allowed to be stylized. I don't know why that's so hard for triggered alt-right crybabies to understand this.

And people bitch about the white people playing non-whites Prince of Persia, God's of Egypt, The Last Samuri, etc. Blackface / Whiteface is a normal fucking thing that happens. Why act like Hamilton is breaking some sort of president?

who has it lol?

It's the same thing
t. PuertoRican from Morovis
John Oliver's favorite year
I'm 19 so that makes me an adult

They wuz federalists and shit?

Reggietheatre is 1,000X more gay than Hamilton and Hamilton is pretty fucking gay.

i just know him as the guy who rapped an alien language song with jj on force awakens

If these are the usual ticket prices to go see it, you can already tell why people are so quick to talk about how great it is. Rich people who want to seem cultured and think a rap show about history is so "le quirky"

It's not the same thing

It's one of the lamest, gayest things I've ever heard.

I know 4cham is really contrarian but this piece of shit doesn't deserve any accolades at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=o10xcWo2k04

Look at this, look how shit it is.

I knew it because it was featured on a episode of Jeopardy

You're asking me if I flew to fucking Jew York City to see the first run of a fucking musical?

Why would I ever do that?

I think changing the races of any characters is stupid, I don't pretend it's new.

>Reggietheatre
?
Tristan und Isolde is an opera you fucking peasant.

>It's an "user's first encounter with virtue-signalling" episode

>He's such a halfwit he goes to a shit Regietheater opera and doesn't even know what it is
Great.

No but i did watch the bootleg of it

>make a show celebrating diversity
>only rich whites can see it
lol

Let me amend this:

Changing races of HISTORICAL figures is stupid.

And changing races for race-baiting purposes is stupid, as well.

It gets even better. The diversity crowd made a play about Hamilton. Hamilton, the biggest proponent of institutionalized psuedo-oligarchy. The person who, again and again, showed loathing for common folk in favor of the rich and powerful.

yeah i'm not going to pay 5k for tickets

Live theater is a totally different animal than a film or television production. Tv and movies have the ability to recreate an actual event, and they're recorded to be viewed for all of time. Theater is more representative, the black man play George Washington is no more representative of what George Washington looked like than the barrel and chairs sitting stage meant to represent Richmond Virginia. It's why the best Javert is black even though. Hamilton's version of George Washington is probably going to be recast and reinterpreted hundreds of times in the coming decades, played by people who all look vastly different from each other.

This isn't new for theater, the best Javert is black.

Shakespeare adapted Roman History and had moors played by anglos

No one has any problem with this

There is difference between a modern interpretration and actual historical retelling like something John Adams does versus something Hamilton does

>masterpiece
Have our standards fallen so low that we consider this Broadway kitsch a masterpiece?

Imagine if a Baz Luhrmann film got this type of acclaim. This is essentially the same shit.

>The Theatre must always be a safe and special place. The cast of Hamilton was very rude last night to a very good man, Mike Pence. Apologise!

What did he mean by this?

he's being ironic

he's using the tools of the liberals against them to make them realize how stupid SJWs sound

But the play acknowledges that, the only person who gets a historical tongue bath in the play is Washington. Jefferson calls out Hamilton for being a Wall Street loving new money elitist at the same time that Hamilton calls out Jefferson for waxing about the humble farmer while being a southern aristocrat slaver.

>he's being ironic

Sure :^)

I have a feeling that Trump set this all up because I can't see Pence going to this of his own accord.

WE WUZ FOUNDERS OF AMERICA N' SHEET

>he's using the tools of the liberals against them to make them realize how stupid SJWs sound

are libcucks still this stupid

you realize he won this election based on his twitter saavy right

>you realize he won this election based on his twitter saavy right

Or lack thereof....

>graduated highschool at 19
just stop talking

Sup Forums is surprising good for musical discussions, a lot better than Sup Forums

>History as sung by NYC aids faggots.

Yeah no I'll pass.

>out-of-place nigger abuses his position to single out the future VP for literally no reason other than shillary losing
>wow so brave
>clap clap clap
fuck off, this isn't why we watch musicals

>Founding fathers.
>Rap Battles

Niggers. Not even once.

Are any of those based on actual people from history?

>last samurai
As soon as someone bitches about this one I immediately start ignoring them as they obviously missed the entire point of the film. Its like people who complained about No Escape

Why does this trigger people? They're singing about the founding fathers who are white and will always be white till the end of time, nothing will change that, people aren't all of a sudden going to think that George Washington was a rapping black man all of a sudden. Is it stupid to change the race of historical figures? yes, but it isn't a big deal

I'm not a racist. All my best slaves are black.

>YOU MADE THE WRONG SUCKA A KEKOLD
What did he mean by this?

JibJab called it years ago youtube.com/watch?v=M8U4T1IH1C8

You mean when it was off broadway originally, correct?

>ywn see a Jib Jab video about the 2016 election
They had so much to work with too.

>watch the Lin-Manuel Miranda perform his Hamilton rap at the White House
>think it was pretty neat and was excited it would be an album
>find out its a Broadway play
>Hamilton isn't even white

Isn't this basically cultural appropriation

it's only a problem when whites do it

>seeking NON-WHITE men
What did they mean by this?

Wow, can you give me more "deets"? I'm not affiliated with the FBI or any law enforcement agencies, btw.

you know how like most whites are 99% white, and made by whites. why cant minorities do the same?

youtu.be/pMYRYKvAEaY
Get rekt nigger