youtube.com/watch?v=WRwUbSy7HnE
youtube.com/watch?v=Tv40mcAM1ZA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reported for blatant racism.

>reported for racism
>not for rick and morty

t. brainlet

>i have no idea what sampling means.
>i rarely ever listen to hiphop as im not aware most of hiphop is not sample based anymore

That is actually a logical problem I've had with hip-hop for a while.
Like, some random dude with his FL Studio has a sort of sound that is not really pleasing for a lot of people, some straight-up "unt tiss unt tiss" shit. The conventional wisdom, when listening to mainstream hip-hop is "I should just do the same pattern with samples, and it'll sound better", but especially at the more ametureish ranges of hip-hop production, what EXACTLY is the line between a sick sample and literally remaking a song? When we're talking about the bottom-barrel in terms of skill, what is the least amount of editing required for an MP3 on someones computer to suddenly be called a "sample"? Can you pull a vaporwave? Not edit it at all, just speed it up a little, and start rapping? Does that count as a unique "song"? What if you don't change it at all? What if someone tries to fucking rap over an instrumental rock band or something. I don't know, man.

I'm not talking about Hip Hop and sampling as a whole.
I'm talking about songs where the instrumental is literally just a loop of one song with no added features or cool chops.

Not exactly, he mostly has to pay for it

made me laugh

>the act of taking a portion, or sample, of one sound recording and reusing it as an instrument or a sound recording in a different song or piece.
yeah but in hip hop the samples taken doesn't result in a new sound or song, its the exact same song put with a drum rhythm underneath and someone rapping on top.

examples
>madvillainy - meat grinder (2nd half)
>kanye west - freestyle 4/blame game
i could name more but i cant think of obvious ones off the top of my head

name four (4) examples

>Meat Grinder
>Liquid Sword
>Dilla - Stop
>Life's A Bitch

Also Juicy.

did you read my post? thats how hiphop started out and there are for sure traces of that left but sampling like that is pretty rare nowadays

Sampling is stealing no matter how you look at it.

Listen to Endtroducing... and say that again without hating yourself

I have listened to Entroducing... the only difference is the entire album is made from bits and pieces of stolen material.

So are you paying for the things you steal (hypothetically)?

The sampled artists also should be glad that there is someone actually caring abou their stale products, there is also a chance that people look up the samples used and listen to the stale ass track the sample was taken from

Autism

>Hip Hop producer pays for the right to loop a section of song
>It's now his song, and the original artist will probably take a producer's credit on that song if they want to

ftfy. I cannot fathom who else in this world has both the money and the desire to give in to Robert Fripp's every demand just so they can use a section of "21st Century Schizoid Man" on a single than Kanye West.

youtu.be/XpzsP86Fvf8

youtu.be/QaEZ8k7K44o

I steal those albums as well it's only fitting.

I think people care too much about the effort that goes into art than the art itself. Yes, you could call sampling "stealing" but it's irrelevant really as long as the music is good. Also, a lot of ways in which samples are used are quite creative and interesting.

Half of Dean Blunt’s discography

It depends on the length of the sample. IMO if your sample is more than 8 bars and you're not either modifying it (by chopping it or editing it or using complex effects beyond some delay or reverb) or combining it with novel instrumental material to add to the composition, then you're basically stealing.

>I don't care about the final product, my only concern is the legal aspect

royalties actually take up a large fee of the songs credits

>"21st Century Schizoid Man"
One of the few samples that actually pissed me off. He didn't alter it at all and now the song will forever be associated with Kanye.

>album features a guitar
>makes no mention to the creator of the guitar, nor does it gives half their royalties to the creator of the guitar

>can you pull a vaporwave? Not edit it at all, just speed it up a little, and start rapping? Does that count as a unique "song"?
youtube.com/watch?v=WRwUbSy7HnE
youtube.com/watch?v=Tv40mcAM1ZA

Oh wow

Hilari(you)s post! Wow that is a good one.

>muh sampling