Other urls found in this thread:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_de_Panamá_de_1885
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_and_beans
arrozdevalencia.org/historia-del-arroz/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistani_rice_dishes
mamaslebanesekitchen.com/meats/fasolia-riz-beef-chili-stew-rice-recipe/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phaseolus_vulgaris
sabormediterraneo.com/cocina/judia.htm
theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?195367-Average-Latin-American-Genetic-ancestry
theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/13/panama-cuts-diplomatic-ties-with-taiwan-in-favour-of-china
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Best cunts in Central America

When I was in Costa Rica locals told me Panama is so rich because they have Jews there. Costa Rica was nice too.

You guys eat black beans and rice like Brazilians

*just like colombians

Costa rica: ananas.
Panama: ships go through there

T-thanks
Well, yeah there is a notable amount of jews here.
>Jews, both Sephardic (mostly Spanish and Portuguese Jews from nearby islands such as Curaçao, St. Thomas and Jamaica) and Ashkenazi, began arriving in Panama in large quantities until the mid-nineteenth century, attracted by economic incentives such as bi-oceanic railway construction and the California gold rush.
>They were followed by other waves of immigration: during the First World War the Ottoman Empire from disintegrating, before and after the Second World War from Europe, from Arab countries because of the exodus caused in 1948 and more recently from South American countries suffering economic crises.

>Costa Rica
Mexico
>Panama
Colombia

>>Costa Rica
>Mexico

They're good guys, although people around here see Panama as an extension of Colombia so we really don't care about them (I mean we don't care about CR either but at least we supported them during the World Cup kek)

No matter how hard you say it, the facts cannot be changed

Costa Rica was part of Mexico, I don't understand why Colombians think they're closer to them than we are but I guess when you're Colombian you have to latch onto other better countries no matter how insignificant the relationship may be to try and make yourself look better.

Apparently its about cultural closeness
But CR was never part of their Vice-royalty or Gran Colombia, they had territorial claims that both the Mexican empire and the United provinces of Central America ignored

san jose sucks, dirty and congested
highlands in costa rica are comfy outside of it though, takes too long to get anywhere and a lot of illegals

panama is nice, surprised the beaches aren't more popular, panama city has some nice parts

Everyone eats beans and rice, even Spaniards do it sometimes.

ok i'll just let you live in your fantasy

There is one Colombian autist from Medellin who hates Mexico and loves Costa Rica who accuses everyone of being an Argie with a proxy. You are arguing with him right now. There is also a Costa Rican of Colombian descent who hates all of Central America and Mexico but likes Colombia.

Both of them Larp on Sup Forums. That's it.

Yeah, I know him
He is up at all hours

Panama is the best country in the world

Just ask ANY costa rican my man. Every single one of them feels closer to Panama and Colombia than to anything up north. Those are FACTS

>San Jose sucks, dirty and congested

I wouldn't describe San José in so light words. San José is the biggest shit hole of the country.

>There is also a Costa Rican of Colombian descent who hates all of Central America and Mexico but likes Colombia

He probably is not. Costa Rica is a very xenophobic country and everybody here hates everything North of our border. Colombia is the closer country we have in terms of culture, so people like Colombians. México is not hated but it isn't relevant here.

>I don't understand why Colombians think they're closer to them
> Coffe culture
> undistinguisable accent
> Ethnically similar
> Main indigenous tribe were chibchas and not mayas
there you go lad

When I went there it was really similar to Nicaragua but much more expensive.

Panama© Inc. an American™ and Israel® company seems like a nice cunt.
Probably will end up buying some stocks next quarter, they say people there are willing to give you their children if you become a Silver- Tier 2 investor.

you forgot that Costa Rica is also owned by americans

Probably not, but you are welcome to shitpost and go against everybody.

Its kind of funny desu, Central Americans accuse us of "pretending" being like Colombians (which I find a very xenophobic statement on itself), this being one of the reasons of the huge xenophobia in this country regarding our Northern neighbours, but then, third parties trying to downplay said xenophobia, or like you, simply trying to get some (you)s on the internet, say we are "similar".

I remember when the Central American Parliament (which México is a member of and not us : ) ) said we HAD to be part of them and relate with them and stop having relations with Colombia (a "common" enemy of Central America because of problems they have). The stupidity of how they handle their political agenda is impressive if you ask me, I'm glad we leaved the SICA and are not part of a single Central America organization anymore.

literally nothing wrong with not wanting to side with countries that point you out for being "xenophobic". That just means you're not that similar to them to begin with

We don't side with them because of the corruption and waste those organizations represent, they are literally the refuge of corrupt politicians and narcos

>every president of a member state will become congressman of the central american parliament for life, with pay and diplomatic immunity

I mean, what the fuck is this? Look what happened with the ex president of Panamá.

But yeah, they call us "xenophobic" as a way of guilt trip us in to getting close to them, sadly for them, we are actually xenophobic, specially regarding them, so it doesn't work. They are literally a chaotic mess, you point out how the salaries of the congressmen or other politicians of sad organizations are not justified and they call you a "nazi".

But the Colombian "issue" is also funny

>hur dur we hate colombia
>hur dur you should hate them too

>beans
we don't eat that shit

But that's what it was

Its a Caribbean/Slave thing. While rice as a food didn't have any "stigma", it wasn't a very valuable trade good, so it was used to feed Slaves and poor populations. Basically it was something you could produce high quantities of and the authorities wouldn't take it from you because it didn't have a high market value.

Rice is the main food in CR today because of that. Back then in the colony we had a lot of restrictions regarding what we could produce, meat, corn, potatoes, the production of said products was already distributed as monopolies to other colonies, and because of our position between two viceroyalties, we were imposed restrictions by both of them. Anyway, rice became the main food source here because of that, we could produce all the rice we wanted and no authority was going to complain. I remember reading one the diary of a Italian who was travelling through the Caribbean and he referred to rice as "slave food".

The mix of rice and different kinds of beans is an Arab thing, they passed it to the Spaniards and they brought it here.

You guys are lucky then

>He

>Xer

Going to Costa Rica this august

> not liking beans
wew user. I thought you were based

I've noticed northern mexicans lean more towards eating pinto beans more and southern mexicans seem to eat more black beans, am I correct in noticing that?

No, I'm from Michoacan and we hardly ever ate black beans.

>I have family from both Northern and Southern Mexico
>live in Central Mexico
>still have no idea

I eat both.

yes how can someone not like beans haha lmao

That one book by the British mexiboo lady, oaxaca al gusto, has a lot of black bean recipes in it. Maybe it's just them.

Nah, I live in the south and I eat both.

Spics are fucking stupid and I want them all out of my country except for my boyfriend

Think he's down for a threesome? You could get Mexican spitroasted by he and I

>Costa Rica
meh
>Panamá
Rightful Chilean Claim

why? they're not copper jews

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_de_Panamá_de_1885

why would you want it though? they're full of those blacks your country seems to HATE to death

Los dos hablamos en español, hablemos en el idioma de la madre metropolis.

Posicionamiento geopolitico y tener acceso directo al canal de panama y a lo que significa en temas monetarios.

El problema no es con la gente negra, yo soy del sur, varios extranjeros europeos con los que he tratado pensaron a primera vista que era un ruso asi que queda clara cual seria mi "color". El problema es con la gente que biene y deja mal parada a sus mismos compatriotas.
La migracion siempre es beneficiosa, el problema es que se cuelan individuos no deseados, asi como Ladrones chilenos van a inglaterra.

Las cifras de criminalidad dan por entendido que la participación extranjera en delitos es exponencialmente menos a la de los chilenos, pero al ser extranjeros resaltan más.

Why Colombians think that we are the same as Costeños? We are not. There are Blacks, whites and amerindians here.

>La migracion siempre es beneficiosa
die

What are you talking about? Rice and beans is just a simple "moros y cristianos" side dish.

>die

Disculpeme por estudiar algo que se relacione con la politica y la economia del país y no comprarme los pretextos de una generación rancia y populista de un ingeniero comercial ni idea tiene de las políticas públicas ni de exterior.

La migración europea y palestina/siria/libanesa (bajo pasaporte turco otomano)fue bastante beneficiosa.

>sureño de mierda, no tienes ni idea del daño de estos negros.

por mi carrera ya tuve que trabajar con migrantes colombianos/dominicanos/haitianos/venezolanos/peruanos. Poco me queda por decir solo que cada vez me siento más decepcionado y asqueado por el bipedo promedio de origen nacional

die twice, neoliberal scum

>I want my cake and eat it too
Kys

>reading comprehension

Im just talking about rice as a product, I didn't say shit about any dishes. Then again, Moros con Cristianos, Rice and Beans, Gallo Pinto, and other dishes made by mainly rice and beans, are different things here in CR.

> le respondo con monitos chinos.jpg

>Implicando que no tengo una diana con las fotos de Reagan, tatcher y Friedman a las cuales les tiro dardos entre ceja y ceja.

pta el qlo weon, WEON OOOH!!!

nice coping m8. I know there are lots of light-skinned panamanians but I've been there and Isaw lots of blacks as well. more so than in here. Even then, you're better than this cunt in every regard so it's not like race matters at the end of the day

>The mix of rice and different kinds of beans is an Arab thing

Y ahora te chanto una triada pa robarte tus monitas chinas.

just die man you're giving me secondhand embarrassment

Btw the guys who made that table were literally guessing the genetic input of Latino American countries. This is the "right" one for them after a lot of guessing here and there.

Ah, yes, and indeed, it is an Arab thing, they introduced it to Spain when they conquered them, this basic dish was eventually called moros y cristianos by the Spaniards after the reconquista.

Another interested thing is that we (CR) didn't get moros y cristianos during the colony, we got it way after from the Anglo Caribbean. From Cuba it went to the Caribbean, and from Jamaica it arrived to Costa Rica as the dish we know here as "rice and beans" (White rice, red beans, cooked with coconut oil, spiced with Tabasco and curry). Then we created Gallo Pinto (White rice and black beans, cooked with butter and English sauce, spiced with chopped sweet pepper and onions).

>the more you know

Again, when I say "rice and beans" I don't mean just rice and beans, but that recipe I listed above, if I were talking about moros y cristianos I would be talking about a specific recipe and what not.

Muevo la monita china que te robe a la zona de ataque y empiezo la fase de batalla mitologica.

I don't know where you are getting the arab thing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_and_beans

>El arroz con frijoles (también llamado arroz con habichuelas, arroz con judías, arroz y habas, etcétera; arroz e feijão o feijão com arroz en portugués, diri ak pwa en criollo haitiano, avas kon arroz o avikas kon arroz en judeoespañol)
>literally introduced to Spain by the Muslim/Arab conquest, which introduced rice to the territory

arrozdevalencia.org/historia-del-arroz/

I mean, where did you think the Spaniards got it first? You can't be this dense, come on.

Well, yeah. It also depends on where you are. If you go to The Capitla and even more if you go anywher in the caribean you will find a lot of black people. But Places like Chiriquí, Herrera or Los Santos are practially """white""" majority. If you go to Veraguas or Coclé, most people are meztisos. In the Comarcas it is practically 100% Amerindian. And so on.

Fucking hell. I just realized most latinos posting on here are autistic as fuck. I mean theyre arguing over fucking Rice here. On another thread thery're arguing over Fucking Bricks

I'm not talking about the rice. Either way, most of the edible beans you use come from The Americas.

Yes, we, but guess what?, there are also beans in Europe, Asia and Africa.

>its totally different because they used a bean from the Middle East in the mix and not an American one

Same shit, same name.

Almost none of the popular rice and beans recipes use the other varieties. I just can't find any account of arabs using rice AND beans. Together.

I'm not even trying to argue, I just want a source on that because it sounded interesting to me.

>Almost none of the popular rice and beans recipes use the other varieties. I just can't find any account of arabs using rice AND beans. Together.

Literally one second in google

>rice+beans+arab+cuisine
>pakistani rice
>lebanese fasolia
>etc

I like this pic. Is there anything that can be do to save San Jose?

I found some recipes with habas and garbanzos, but I really wouldn't call them the same thing

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistani_rice_dishes
>ctrl+f bea
>0 results

>lebanese fasolia
>mamaslebanesekitchen.com/meats/fasolia-riz-beef-chili-stew-rice-recipe/
>Fasolia (Phaseolus vulgaris)
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phaseolus_vulgaris
>The wild P. vulgaris was native to the Americas and was domesticated separately in Mesoamerica and in the southern Andes region

I don't know

it's the same in our caribbean coast, you're triracial, just like them, the full blacks are located in the pacific

I think I will have better luck by myself
sabormediterraneo.com/cocina/judia.htm
>La mayoría de las judías que se cultivan en España provienen de América. Pertenecen a la familia botánica "phaseolus". Sin embargo, existe una variedad autóctona de la cuenca del Mediterráneo. Se trata de la alubia llamada carilla, que pertenece a la especie botánica "vigna" y no a la "phaseolus".
>Pero su expansión y consolidación en las cocinas de Europa solo se produce después del descubrimiento de América. Los frijoles, -tal vez el término más utilizado en América para designar las judías secas-, llegan a España en el siglo XVI. De nuestro país, pasarán a Italia y a Francia.

Oh well

>w-w-we are white!!!!! i-i swear guys

I have thought seriously about moving to Costa Rica. Can any user talk me out of it?

Kek, las vacaciones de verano. Para agosto muchos se irán, al menos los de Mégiko.

Read the thread if you want some good laughs

theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?195367-Average-Latin-American-Genetic-ancestry

A canal and nothing

I can't believe latinos reach this level of autism. Literally discussing about self-hate

>everything north

I hope that doesn't extend north of the Rio Grande

>though, likewise as in Venezuela, I also think that Colombia is a bit more African than that
que ganas de darle un puño a ese veneco, pero vos tambien sos severo autista

>literally named argentANO

>Panama

you know what i am going to say

overall Venezuela is more african than us. However, they're mixed as fuck. they don't have pure blacks like us. Our blacks are proud of their african ancestry and they even participate in movements such as #blacklivesmatter. That shit doesn't exist in Venezuela

>discussing about genetic input is self-hate
stop being so fucking sensitive

Argentinians and Uruguayans there are very cool about their amerindian and African ancestry desu

It's Colombians, and Chileans the ones that always get triggered (kinda unexpected, I know)

TAIWAN BTFO
theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/13/panama-cuts-diplomatic-ties-with-taiwan-in-favour-of-china

I'm already at page 30 of that thread and barely saw any colombians at all. Had a good laugh tho

The only way of saving San José is burning it to the ground.

What kind of Jew would betray Taiwan?

I'm just talking about the overall discussions that happen in that website, I discovered it some four days ago and I've been lurking there for some time now. Very entertaining.

But all does historical buildings???

>first mexican i see in that thread has an american flag
Can't make this shit up

>historical

They are less than 80 years old, besides, ruined because they were never restored or taken care of. San José is statistically the worst place in CR, and currently because of a local happening everybody is shitting on them

I am sorry. Uncle Sam made me do it. I-I swear.

Is that forum serious or just shitposting? Can I roleplay as amerindian and shit on these "whites" without getting banned?

>tfw you realize the majority of Americans posters on Sup Forums are either Mexicans or Central Americans

Not even kidding, but you probably already know it

I really don't know I haven't comment something there thus far. But I'd be amazing to role play as an European and start calling every one there a shitskin