Dormammu! I've come to bargain!

Dormammu! I've come to bargain!

Explain this meme to someone who doesn't want to spend 8 dollars on/take the time to find a decent rip of capeshit

He used the time gem to create a time loop in order to bargain with dormamu over and over and over again. Dormamu kills him each time until he decides that his destruction is better served on more grand schemes than killing Dr. Strange for infinity.

I guess it's only funny if you've seen it

It's not even funny then

Finally saw this today, this scene was awesome.

Is this movie even good or is it all quipping and citybending?

I want muh magic to be magic circles shooting danmakus and shit.

Sup Forums summarized

It wasn't really intended to be funny...

torrent when??

>capeshit """""""""memes""""""""""

For some reason this line always reminds me of etsubatsu, it just sounds so similar

>Etsubatsu! I've come to say hi to wowee!

reminder

Can anyone explain to me why he didn't just use the shit he did on the apple and fix his hands with it?

Nah fuck off figure it out yourself

He can't point his hands at his own hands.

D:

Thanks, brah.

Just do them one at a time.
Or have someone else do it.

what is the name of this actor?

Bangingdick Cumonslut

Dormammu! I've come to (spoiler)meme(spoiler)

Bendyourdick Cuminsnatch

holy SHIT that is rare. Where did you find it?

I made it the otherday

>6million paint hours

Is this your first time sharing it with the world? This is a true treasure user.

Thanks man I posted it a couple of times but so far he's gone unnoticed

It will be safe and sound in the vault.

After Strange got back and the black guy got in his face about "the bill coming later" or whatever why didn't Strange just say "I just payed the fucking bill for a billion years straight"?

Why do screenwriters insist on having characters stare in silence when they could resolve the issue with a single sentence? Do they let anyone write screenplays?

Wew thanks man!

Gotta set SOMEONE up to be the villain, m8.

Why couldn't they just tease Thanos again, what with the Eye of Fagamemnon being an infinity stone and all?

That looks better res than any of the other ones posted here before, is there a semi decent torrent out now?

It's enjoyable, I mean it's just some late fall release of an obscure comic book character so you can't expect that much. The effect are fucking nifty in 3D especially

I don't think he can change his hands independently of the rest of his body. The body is one object for the purposes of 4th dimensional movement with the time gem.

>I just payed the fucking bill for a billion years straight"?
Strange doesn't know that for sure.

Mordo suddenly becoming a huge dick felt kind of forced, though. I hope he gets a redemption. Up to that point it looked like he was going to be the sidekick but then
>THREE black sidekicks in the MCU at the same time

Then why not just astral project to keep the mind solid, and just reverse the body completely?
He'd still have the knowledge of the magic and all his powers.

That final 'reverse' fight scene and the tiny fight scene in Ant-Man tie for the best Marvel fights so far.

But why bother fucking with time even more when he could just do what the crippled guy did and fix his nerves with magic?

Strange leaving his hands wounded is symbolic of him giving up his life as a hot-shot brain surgeon to be a hero.

>Mordo suddenly becoming a huge dick felt kind of forced
Out of all the things in this movie that felt forced (the humor), I don't think this was one of them. I actually thought it was pretty straightforward
>Hey bendthedick, welcome to our temple. here's tilda swinton, she's the master, she's super wise and knows everything. I'm totally confident in my beliefs.
>Oh hey bendytwig, I see you're getting the hang of the magic thing. Don't worry, you'll get there. By the way, you can learn a lot from tilda swinton. She knows everything
>Sup bendmyprick, oh hey you're actually getting really damn powerful. Holy shit you can manipulate time?! what the fuck you're not supposed to do that! You're really powerful, I need to talk to tilda swinton about this
>Bendlytwit! Thank god mads mikkelson didn't kill you. Wait...what? She's been using power from the dark world?! Holy shit, this shatters my entire worldview! Everything I thought I was so sure of! Fuck!
>Ok so Bendybrit is fucking the natural order, tilda swinton is fucking the natural order, she lied to me this entire time. How about nobody gets to learn this shit anymore.

Seemed pretty believable to me.

>So my first order of business is to go fuck over possibly the only person who's not harming anything or bothering anybody with his magic
>because now that I'm an antagonist I have to be a heartless dick
You have a point though, rebelling against the whole system is reasonable for someone who's lost their faith in its leader.

I guess he could.
But leaving his hands wounded is just dumb and hampers his day-to-day life.
Dude can't even write his name.

Fair point. I think the real issue is that the bulk of the character development and exposition in the movie occurred during a fifteen-second conversation in the middle of a fight sequence. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie, but it's about as content-free as it gets.

Oh yeah, it definitely blew past any character development or exposition. That's my biggest problem with it by far. Not even 20 minutes into the movie and he's already knocking on the temple door. They should have either added an extra 15-20 minutes to the first act or cut some of the video game chase and fight sequences to replace with more character development.

WATCH IT

Why didn't the make it half an hour longer? Movie felt incredibly short

I'm going to channel my inner autism and say that he probably didn't want to pick a fight with Bentleydick right off the bat. But yeah I get what you mean.

The Mister Doctor line was actually funny tho

Pretty sure he went after him because he was mad that he sent cucumberpatch to kathmandu

Because Disney™ has focus-tested maximum marvel movie length for a new IP and found just the right sweet spot for profit retention.

WATCH IT WONG

Couldn't agree more. There was a lot done right with the movie and extra time would have gone a long way. I mean, shit, BvS was what, two and a half hours? Honestly, I feel like Mr. Bandersnatch was wasted here. And personally, I wouldn't have minded Rachel McAdams getting more screen time.

But is absolutely right, unfortunately. We live in a world of machine-driven parameters and outcomes predicted with 99% confidence. Art is dead.

Reeeee
She is a big guy?

Dr Strong should have told him "Yourmommu" and then farted in his dimension.

Just got back from seeing this in 3D. Was very surprised by how much i liked it. Would see again.

The fact that you asked this question shows you are a 12 year old kid who wasnt paying attention to the fucking literal words the characters were saying when explosions werent happening.

his day to day life has nothing to do with writing, now it's all about weaving spells and studying magic
he doesn't need to write shit, the knowledge of the entire universe is now at his disposal

Good story, good effects. Comedy is really cringey and forced but only makes up a small part of it.

We definitely needed a montage. Maybe a voiceover discussion on top too.

I guess the moral of the story is who needs writing names when fucking magic

this plus the reverse fight was insanely clever. Maybe the smartest thing marvel has done cinematically since deadpools 4th wall shit.

The entire movie was a dilated montage. If it was converted to prose it would be about five pages.

the better question is why didn't he use the time shit until the last scene?

Because it's risky as fuck. They very explicitly and dramatically explained that.

We got a montage. It showed Strange essentially using magic as a tool to learn magic faster. He used portals to steal books from the library, rather than walking, to save time

He used astral projection to study while his physical body rested

I mean, it's not brain surgery

time shit was supposedly extremely dangerous and could mess with the natural order of things, etc. etc.

so very bad to use unless you have literally no other option

You know what else is a dilated montage?
YOURMAMMU

REAL LOLITA SHIT

Could Dormammu beat Thanos?

You're really pleased with yourself for coming up with that aren't you

Dormammu's face is way bigger, I'm pretty sure he wins.

I thought all of the humor in the movie was well placed and well timed. None of it felt cringey or out of place for me, which is pretty rare for contemporary comic book flicks.

>Hands Dr Strange a perfectly cut card with the word "Shamballa" printed in some tacky Asian font like they mass produce them for every guest
>What's this, my mantra?
>Wifi password
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAA $$$$$$ TAKE MY MONEY AND MY UPVOTES

>>Hands Dr Strange a perfectly cut card with the word "Shamballa" printed in some tacky Asian font like they mass produce them for every guest
How is this inappropriate for a tacky magician organization?

In regards to power level, where does Doctor Strange stand without the time stone?

If I remember the movie correctly, most of his powers were limited to close combat.

Nice OC user good job!

Why do people laugh at "funny" jokes in movies that are prominently used in the advertisement? It was mildly amusing the first time I heard it. Not so much the hundredth

>In regards to power level, where does Doctor Strange stand without the time stone?
He's in the upper levels of the MCU, but he's not a heavy hitter like Thor or the Hulk, he's more versatile.

>If I remember the movie correctly, most of his powers were limited to close combat.
Teleportation is very useful, as is the whole astral projection thing. The mirror universe can be used for all kinds of tricks, both in combat and out of it. That orb thing in one of the sanctums seemed to be able to scry people. And there's probably more stuff he'll learn now that he's the sorcerer supreme.

:D thanks

Why'd they make dormammu fuckhueg and take his ghostrider flames away?

i dunno im guessing they made him look more like Thanos to better set up the upcoming Avengers movie but it was pretty lame and meh tbqhf
>he was a hot head
>4u

What went so horribly wrong? I mean how can you fuck up this badly a movie with that great source material and casting?

two words

[spoilers]Marvel Executives[spoilers]

I'll echo what other anons said about it not being long enough (leading to rushed characterization) but what was there was fine.

It's about second tier among the Marvel movies, I'd say.

I didn't say the movie was sides-in-orbit funny. I said it wasn't cringey. It didn't make me groan when it was time for a joke or a wisecrack.

I didn't watch any promotional material for the movie before I saw it. But I think the reason people laugh at the jokes they've seen before in trailers is that it gives them some minor sense of community, of inclusion, especially in a theater. That's the way trailers are engineered, to make people feel special for having seen them. You're part of a secret club because you saw that sixty-second spot of hot dogs making dick jokes. That's the tone trailers go for, and they do it effectively. And when you finally sit down to see the movie on opening weekend, and you hear that joke that was whispered in your ear on the sly by the trailer, you laugh, secure in the knowledge that you heard it before anyone else. It was just for you, and you laugh extra hard so other people know that YOU knew it was coming. You had foreknowledge of the joke, courtesy of that trailer, the one that was just for you. You don't notice that half of the theater just forced out a laugh along with you. Why would you? Introspection and awareness are foreign concepts to you. All these idiots are hearing the joke for the first time, unlike you. They can't possibly appreciate it the way you do. After all, you heard it first.

Unironically the best MCU movie since Iron Man 1.

GotG or any of the cap movies were so much better, if that's the first tier you mean then I agree absolutely.

I would put it next to Iron Man 1 if it wasn't so similar to Iron Man 1, but I have to say it's worse. Much worse.

THERE ARE NO CONDITIONS
NO BARGAINS OR PETITIONS

>horribly wrong?

Neckbeard logic is just incomprehensible to me at this point. "Horribly wrong?" It was a fun movie that achieved its purpose as super hero entertainment. I greatly prefer movies with darker tones and themes over those in Marvel's universe, but there's no denying these movies are fun to watch. Get a life you fucking drama queen.

But is it worth it now that Dr. Strange is a walking Deus Ex Machina in the MCU with his time manipulation BS?

You know once the Infinity War or whatever goes up to plate, something horrible is going to happen and Strange is going to save the day by reversing everything.

Yeah, I think it was on the shallow side and I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume a lot of people agree, but it was far from a disaster or "gone horribly wrong". It was a well made fantasy action flick.

>You know once the Infinity War or whatever goes up to plate, something horrible is going to happen and Strange is going to save the day by reversing everything.

This will be fun though. You'll get to see the Avengers get wrecked. How is this something to complain about? It opens up fun possibilities.

But in the Infinity War it's a given that Thanos has all the gems, so Strange won't be able to just use time-shenanigans to get out of things. At least until half the cast gets killed fighting Thanos, just managing to break the gauntlet, giving Strange an opening to reverse everything as part of a giant gambit and the cliffhanger for part 2.