Was it too smat for the general audience?

Was it too smat for the general audience?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hWnAqFyaQ5s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It is good but it is missing something to be great
I can't even tell what it is but you know

I really like this film, but I don't know why

>muh tru tru

It was a fucking embarrassment.

It's a bit bullshit. Feels like an anthology series but it's supposed to be a progression of events shown non-linearly. I still don't know if it had a point or message beyond generic humanism.

One of the best and least romanticized depictions of reincarnation I've seen in fiction.

it's got good vibes

I saw this movie so stoned that I thought every scene was a self contained Vignette.

I got to the end of the movie and I realized Tom Hanks wasn't just speaking gibberish.

All I really remember is that one dude killing himself. At that point I was like "oh he's been in a few other of the vignettes" then I came to the realization that it was actually a coherent story.

I could watch it again and I probably wouldn't be able to anticipate where it's going.

>inb4 lmao weed

Is this suddenly on Netflix or something?

Reminder

I wonder if anybody has tested the water supply in their area for industrial contaminants.

I don't think so. It did a pretty good job of explaining everything. People of average intelligence should be able to understand it.

It was very compelling, even if it had an unorthodox vibe.

Intolerance was too smart for the general audience. The Wachowski's combined are barely 1/10 the kinographer Griffith was but it's good that somebody is still willing to try in the 21st century.

lmao at a plotfag failing to apply his autism to a movie that runs on human feelings

No. But asking for audiences to sit through an extremely dense 3 hour film is a bit much. I love Cloud Atlas, but it's so goddamn dense, and 3 hours is an insane length for the kind of focus it requires.

Cloud Atlas has the greatest trailer to ever be created. I genuinely love it.

youtube.com/watch?v=hWnAqFyaQ5s

It's kino

They even say kino in the film to refer to moviea

It was too smart for even film critics since some critics absolutely hated it - Time Magazine specifically having the audacity to name it the worst film of 2012.

>Was it too smat for the general audience?
Nope, just the American one.

It didn't really cohere for me. A couple of interesting stories, but way too much going on to understand it in a meaningful way. It's the sort of thing I would've thought was super deep back in high school but which now seems a little hackneyed and silly. Whatever they were trying to do, I don't think film was the medium for it.

A truly godawful film. Totally miscast and misconcieved. Painful to watch and completely without any entertainment value. Made Matrix 3 look like a masterpiece.

Cloud Atlas is just The Fountain for normies

You're pleb

>Whatever they were trying to do, I don't think film was the medium for it

I read the book and the film is so much better. The book goes in a 1,2,3,4,5,6,5,4,3,2,1 format while the film mixed it all up and was so much better as a result. I loved how 2 or 3 similar scenes from the different timelines were blended together united by themes and ideas, yet each telling a different story.

The trailer is truly amazing, the movie however was disappointingly boring.

Did you read the book before or after seeing the film?

the fountain was fucking ART.

i loved the concept of an interstellar spaceship being a terrarium in a bubble.

Both pretentious trash for people who want to feel smart but aren't.

i remember being so excited for this movie. i even got up off my ass and went to the theatre for it.
i walked out before it ended.
what a load of shit
so disappointed.

It has the greatest OST in any movie I've ever

It also has one of the most positive, uplifting messages as well. I have a feeling that the only people who dislike this movie dislike it because of its message about the need for mankind's unconditional love for one another. And given that this is Sup Forums and that Sup Forumstards are running all over the place, you won't find many people here who like it. But it's an excellent movie.

cloud atlas was complete garbage.
dont you dare place it on the same shelf as the fountain.
that movie is glorious

rate the butcher scene

pretty brutal, completely unexpected

Are there any other films like The Fountain and Cloud Atlas?

>One of the best and least romanticized depictions of reincarnation I've seen in fiction.
I was gonna write something, but this is pretty perfect.

this tbqhwy

i thought i would dislike since i tire of sci-fi that always has the message "we just gotta love man :^)" but cloud atlas actually pulled it off in an interesting fashion

I think it has a "you are special, be yourself" kind of message without coming off as preachy or stupid, since a lot of the those characters died in reasonable ways, but you get to see the difference they made. I don't know any other movie that does that.

it was that scene when t.hanks and halle berry smoke a joint

One of the best

It was too smat for you, dumy

>mfw korean chick said kino

It is great. The movie was good... I caught it with a friend, at random on tv. We only saw the last half but we enojyed it. was intriguing so I had to see it fully.

That friend killed himself.
Hope we meet again

I bet Tom Tykwer left the Wachowski's feeling retarded on set all the time during the shooting, It's too good for them to have actually directed it.

the general audience was too smart for it. Yes, this is how bad it was