Ok but why did they end it like this

ok but why did they end it like this
sure season 8 was shitty but they couldve redeemed it a little bit by having him kill himself
that last clip with dex being a lumber jack literally turned the OK ending they had into shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hl407-PZa3k
youtube.com/watch?v=iuD4g_1Id8Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wymon writers

psychopaths have autism and shiet

so you had a problem with the best ending ever? maybe a movie by disney would be more your speed.

How is him being a lumber jack a good ending

I wanted him to be exposed
or at least kill himself if he didnt end up on death row

Only a faggot would kill himself

A real man would retreat to the wilderness, become a lumberjack and hope to die in the course of work before your excessive alcoholism does you in.

you have no depth perception.

> Showtime would not let the writers kill Dexter or put him in a situation where they could not bring him back

literally the only reason i can think of that a lumber jack ending trumps suicide is if they were planning on another season, which they obviously arent

>that last clip with dex being a lumber jack literally turned the OK ending they had into shit

The finale was retarded. It was by no means an OK ending.

>that photoshop scene
>all of his instincts utterly fail him
>biggest threat dexter has ever faced walks into obvious trap
>deb croaks for some stupid reason

>Original showrunner wanted to end Dexter by having him get caught and the reveal would be the entire series was his life flashing before his eyes as he was being put to death.

Definitely needs a season 8 redo with something similar to this youtube.com/watch?v=Hl407-PZa3k
not saying this is great but it's a hell of a lot better than lumber jack

i saw this after i finished the series
wouldve been a million times better than the shit given to us

I think Showtime was against killing him because they wanted to have the chance to maybe bring back the show at another time

naw you get it. but really fully appreciating the awesomeness of it is kinda like announcing the position youve taken on life. its a dark ending and oh boy is it ever freakin sweet. no happy ending, no final act that ends it all, just a continuous existence. just survival. barebones cold survival. youve left what little you had and what little you loved. youre sick and things arent getting better. no maybe tomorrow will be better. just cold survival.

idk that whole build up and then killing deb off, something bigger shouldve happened i think

plus the whole ditch harrison with hannah seems completely out of character for dexter

considering his life and what hes done its actually plausible that hes making a selfless decision in allowing his son to grow up without him. wouldnt want to find out your dad is a serial killer some day.

>death = good
>life = bad
too much edge for me

im still not understanding why he doesnt kill himself

hes in pain
his sister is dead
he doesnt want to go back to hannah and harrison

so why the fuck become a lumber jack?

Killing yourself is hard

it was 5 seasons too long. the payoff was dexter in jail and they fucked up.

youtube.com/watch?v=iuD4g_1Id8Q

The only ending that matters.

>they couldve redeemed it a little bit by having him kill himself
This was literally the only thing the writers were forbidden to do.

As cliche as it would have been, having Dex teaching a protege and then getting killed would have been a lot better than the shit they gave us in 8.

Imagine if in the third season Dexter had actually became a comic book style Vigillant and teamed up with Daredevil and The Punisher.

i agree
or even the shit sappy ending where he gets caught then escapes with hannah wouldve been ok too

youre not rich. youre not good looking. your girlfriend isnt hot. your job is lame. you drive a piece of shit car. youre over weight. your last name is pathetic. you live in a bullshit part of the country. you have nothing big going on.

why dont you kill yourself?

dont underestimate the will to live. this human consciousness is an after thought. youre an animal. your feelings and emotions are just programming.

anyone reading this thinking im gonna be villain dont worry i fear consequences. and dont be childish. anything can happen to anyone at any time. how many people have died in accidents since you started watching me. people die. if i choose to flip you cant stop me. and while your watching me theres some other guy who you arent watching. accept life for what it is.

This. First season is the only season of Dexter worth watching or caring about.

fuck off idiot, the last 3 seasons were horribly written, including the entire finale

>don't underestimate the will to live
:(

All i wanted to see was what happens when they all find out he's a fucking serial killer and they've been working with him for years.

agreed
really upset that didnt happen

There was never any cathartic moment. They dragged the show on for too long, through the mud, and copped out with the ending. They wasted both Doakes and Lundy who were far more interesting characters with little screen time.