Let's talk about post-hardcore/screamo you buttholes

let's talk about post-hardcore/screamo you buttholes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hE38-atPrYA
youtube.com/watch?v=nw8YccR0KUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=51llUv0Wat0
youtube.com/watch?v=xWxr_Tlg0rw
roboticempire.bandcamp.com/album/hassan-i-sabbah-self-titled-7
youtube.com/watch?v=C5r1RoI0peQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lzYJg_sY8yc
youtube.com/watch?v=fWl68b-SwIE
youtube.com/watch?v=40FomU3iv1g
youtube.com/watch?v=fMCpAjxZKek
youtube.com/watch?v=j3HfBVpwYG8
youtube.com/watch?v=vA5bn0J65OA
youtu.be/h8QRMpigpII?t=13m45s
bocanegrapunx.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=BIWF3mmsOdU
youtube.com/watch?v=VOloYTXAU_U
youtube.com/watch?v=SAUNie6r354
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is the type of music my classmates listened to in highschool while I was listening to iron maiden and slayer. Kids today would look back on these albums the way I looked back at 80s metal.

Fucking hell.

Burn piano island burn was my favorite album in high school. I think there was a time where I exclusively listened to Blood Brothers. Crimes was good, but the album after that gave Johnny Whitney to much freedom.

Is that you brad?

>tfw I listened to this type of music in high school
>tfw I was closest to two kids who listened to slayer and mega deth
Fuck Silverstein though; I wasn't into that.
War all the time is too new -- Full Collapse is what's up.

post god-tier songs
youtube.com/watch?v=hE38-atPrYA
youtube.com/watch?v=nw8YccR0KUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=51llUv0Wat0

Nice I'm only familiar with pg99 and IWHACIYY. I'm digging that middle link though and I'm happy I stumbled upon your post.
Re: i wrote haikus... I can't remember the numbers anymore, but I like the one where they chant something along the line of
>you're so much stronger than you ever knew
And then there's misha
youtube.com/watch?v=xWxr_Tlg0rw
I still can't get over that this is a single guitarist and drummer (and a dude that screams)

haikus is one of the greatest screamo bands imo, even if they were a living meme when they were active.
the middle link is from the legendary Just Do It! split. i don't like the usurp synapse side, but hassan i sabbah is great.
also, their discography is free here roboticempire.bandcamp.com/album/hassan-i-sabbah-self-titled-7
мищa is awesome.

check these
youtube.com/watch?v=C5r1RoI0peQ (reminds me a lot of haikus)
youtube.com/watch?v=lzYJg_sY8yc
youtube.com/watch?v=fWl68b-SwIE
youtube.com/watch?v=40FomU3iv1g

literally none of this is post hardcore. fucking kill yourself.

I never realized Flowers Taped to Pens went so hard with the vocals but it's been years since I've listened to them. A little too raw for me. Even looking at haikus, I have a slight preference for Beau Navire.
The Kodan Armada is totally legit; I love that track you posted.
This is my first time hearing the bottom two. Good stuff. I'm especially loving iwontstopwondering... on the edge of bird calls. You know the vocalist is legit. I'm still working my way through it though.
I found this little gem from Japan a couple days ago:
youtube.com/watch?v=fMCpAjxZKek
>screamo you buttholes.

but it's screamo you dumb piece of shit

i never got beau navire, it sounds too much like loma prieta and i don't like the mixing on their albums.
it surprises me that i am the resurrection is so obscure, it had members from gospel and literally everyone knows gospel.
wow, those japs really have spirit, i like them

youtube.com/watch?v=j3HfBVpwYG8
youtube.com/watch?v=vA5bn0J65OA
youtu.be/h8QRMpigpII?t=13m45s (little gem from my country)

>1000 travels of jawaharlal
that's the track that comes to mind when i hear "japanese screamo". not just the band, but that exact track.
Spanish screamo is really good too -- I see you must be from Chile. Do you have a nice local scene? I'm in burgerland but I work all the time so I don't know shit about my scene.
bocanegrapunx.bandcamp.com/

Post-hardcore is just pop punk with screamed vocals.

If you can hear something like Blood Brothers or At The Drive-In and think it's the same as something like Good Charlotte, Blink 182, and MXPX, you should probably just kill yourself.

Ling Tosite Sigure
youtube.com/watch?v=BIWF3mmsOdU

No. Listen to Unwound m8

youtube.com/watch?v=VOloYTXAU_U

>taking my bait
Kek

Holy shit; that Corea track is amazing -- especially so once it picks up around 2:30.
>Ling Tosite Sigure
This cover always cracks me up
youtube.com/watch?v=SAUNie6r354

Silverstein just came out with an album this year and it's actually very good.

Yeah, Jawaharlal is awesome and my fav jap screamo band
There used to be a very significant scene on the southern regions, but it kinda died. My city has a massive hardcore/powerviolence scene but I haven't checked if there is any screamo band here, I rarely go to shows.

YES
Your trips have incentivized me to disagree with the utmost respect, faggot.

buena banda amigo chileno, la conocí por allá por el 2010 intercambiando links de myspace con mis amigos. gracias por recordarla.