*rolls around in the snow*
*grunts occasionally*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-zptCXYxces
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

GENIUS!

HERES YOUR OSCAR

Fuck this piece of shit movie

It's 5 stars to sit underneath a big blanket warm as fuck and watch these people freeze and die in the shitty cold.

i thought it was sad that this was the movie that Leo got his oscar for. I feel like they gave it to him not because of his performance, but because it was his time.

His role wasn't that great, he got it because of shit like pic related which isn't really great "acting". And stuff that normies like, like eating a raw buffalo liver. But again, not serious acting. His role in the departed was acting.

I think the academy just likes to know that he got it out of pity. And i think he knows it too.

Why did he blink?

don't forget he ate a piece of a dead animal!!! wow holy fuck mind blown, just goes to show how dedicated he is to acting!!

even if they gave it to him for this movie, it doesn't matter what movie they gave it to him for, it was long overdue for him to win an Oscar imo.

Leo should have won the Oscar for Catch Me If You Can, not this piece of crap.

Damn, that's some low-key cruel shit.

MUH PELTS N SHIT

Why do people go on about an actor's "time" to get an Oscar? Plenty of great actors who are well regarded never got one, and plenty of others had to wait til one foot was in the grave to get their shot. Leo didn't deserve a fucking oscar for this or any other picture. He should have to wait in line like everyone else

did you not pay attention to the fucking movie? he clearly states that the Quaaludes he took had a delayed fuse.

Why did that bear move so unrealistically fast?

bears can charge at 30kph

0-30kph in 1 second? I don't think so

That bear was a complete joke

It's all about virtue signalling with these people.

The academy passed up Ennio Morricone for an Oscar until his music started showing up in Quentin Tarantino films, and they realized they had failed to give an Oscar to one of the greatest composers still alive. The number of films Morricone has scored for is in dispute, but is believed to be well north of 500. He has confessed that he cannot remember them all.

So, they gave him an honorary Oscar in 2007 because they were afraid he was going to die any moment. He decided he wasn't ready and stuck around until 2016, when he scored The Hateful Eight, which won. The Hateful Eight score is ok, but it's not the film Morricone should have won an Oscar for.

I'm sure the Academy feels they have done their duty and will summarily forget Morricone for the rest of time.

what did they mean by this?

>implying anyone here could act like that
Its called "inside work" in my idiom, you are suposed to project emotions and shit. No, it isnt the best movie ever but he did a good work.

Bears can cover 15 yards in one second

It wasnt that far. Also, female mammals get crazy when you fuck with their pups

Good points all, but let's all agree that that bear moved way too fast to be realistic.

>white flag
>buffalo too stupid to surrender before they get genocided

what did they mean by this?

I think you underestimate the speed of large predators. They are among the fastest and most lethal animals alive today. Contamination of bears by humans leads to regular cullings by the park service because bears are too comfortable with humans, and humans are idiots who don't know how to act around bears.

Clearly you've never seen a Kodiak go after something. It's insane how fast they are. I understand your apprehension, I didn't believe it until I saw it first hand too but it's fucking nuts how speedy they are.

youtube.com/watch?v=-zptCXYxces

that scene is like a poor version of the rape scene in a clockwork orange

While the Departed was great, and Leo's performance in it was some of the best acting he's done, his role in The Revenant was spectacular.

The fact that you mention shit like "eating reaw buffalo liver" suggests that YOU are making a big deal of it, not the normies you so criticize. Out of the reviews i've read not one of them mentioned that as a the pinnacle of his performance, they were more interested with the actual acting.

I fuckin love this movie. Youre all plebs

The movie was great, I mean the bear moved a little too fast to be believable, but other than that it was a great film.

*rubs his scalped head*
EY GLASS
*kills the injun kid*
MXUSTN

Female bears in particular, no other female mammal gets so aggressive and paranoid. All it takes to tick one mama bear off is to be in the general vicinity of her pups, not even looking at them and doing something that has nothing to do with them.

Humans can't outrun bears. Hell, we can't even escape charging hippos. Physically humans are completely trash, the only reason we survived for so long is our brainpower and the fact that we work together. Otherwise even a single wolf can easily kill you in physical combat.

I saw both movies in a short span of time [so no rose-tinted glasses for Departed] and I can safely say that you are wrong.

In Departed he acted a man who was an emotional mess and who was slowly losing his mind due to the stress of pretending he wasn't a cop. His role was excellently prepared and there are many small instances where he delivers like a complete pro.

Revenant on the other hand has nothing extremely significant beyond the intense grunting and moaning in the first third of the film. Don't get me wrong he's playing his role well but after his character gets back on his feet, the character itself isn't anything to write home about. Movie was great though.

Absolutely true, I agree 100%, the bear in The Revenant moved way too fast to be believable but what you've said about bear movement is in fact accurate.

*bitches about pelts*
*mumbles incoherently*

>tree niggers

*moves at lightning fast speed, contrary to the facts of nature*