Why would anyone like this?

why would anyone like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1EqfotMwtn4I0A_VN9g42ogA1nAZfvd6FGDPPLO1QxQs/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why would anyone like anything?

I would explain here, but I already wrote an essay on this (moreso Nirvana as a whole, but it mentions Nevermind)

docs.google.com/document/d/1EqfotMwtn4I0A_VN9g42ogA1nAZfvd6FGDPPLO1QxQs/edit?usp=sharing

because its good music?

tldr: reddit

EPIC SLAM BURN MY FRIEND! :]

because mines bigger

I agree that from a technical, theoretical standpoint, Nirvana wasn't the most "talented", nor "intellectual" rock band of their time. At times, their music was very primitive compared to other alternative rock bands of their era, let alone the legends imprinted on the fabric of music history. However, to even compare and criticize Nirvana to other musicians/artists, especially to Hendrix and Dylan, would be missing the point entirely. Nirvana is a PUNK band, first and foremost. Their ethos revolved around passion, spontaneity, and creativity, all jammed into simplicity. They didn't pride themselves on being the most intricate artists (though at times, their music, especially on In Utero, could rival quite a few art rock/metal bands at the time in terms of lyricism), but what they lacked in complexity, they made up for in sheer energy combined with abstract idealism. Kurt Cobain's singing was somewhat of an acquired taste, but still was original insofar he was the first real singer to actually yell melodically, without sounding like a ditz or a moron. Smells Like Teen Spirit represented the apathy and nihilism of teenagers and adults at that time, and managed to achieve what most considered unfathomable: to appeal to both social outcasts/space cadets and the typical, bravado jocks Kurt himself hated. And plus, with Nevermind, they finally managed to destroy the superficiality of the glam/hair metal era and in turn, finally gave rise to indie and alternative as the most popular form of rock, beginning a new era of creativity to music itself. If Nirvana attempted to be taken seriously as the new Beethoven or Mozart, or even to simply rival Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix or the Beatles, then they failed miserably as a band. However, if they wanted to grow their passion for music and explore their artistic side more, and reshape rock as a whole for possibly the entirety of the modern era, then they perfectly achieved so. Judging by your comments, you strike me as a person s

i blame the hormones

t. soyboy fag

-eeking more technically advanced forms of music, which I understand. You're entitled to your opinion on Nirvana, but at least respect their influence to music history, because a band like Nirvana only comes around once in a generation.

>a band like Nirvana only comes around once in a generation
But there are thousands of shitty pop rock bands every generation

Nah the Pixies were pretty much the same generation

Those lyrics strung out on a gravelly bellow. Guitar rising and falling the bass keeping it centered while the drums spits tempo. Convoluted lyricism and emotionally charged sound is as close to opening up that the lead allows. Unironically beautiful.

lol frank black mad cause he knows nirvana took his shit did it 100x better and expanded upon it

true

If doubts persist about the music’s originality, Cobain's anguish was no doubts sincere; he ranks as the first composer since Jim Morrison who succeeded in the risky task of expressing sorrow through catchy tunes.

Nevermind, their next album, recorded by Cobain, Novoselic and a new drummer (ex-Scream Dave Grohl), was released in October 1991 and was to become one of the greatest hits of the year. Smells Like Teen Spirit, an epic, angry cry in the style of the Replacements, is the album's opening song which quickly rose to cult status, symbolizing the apathetic and caustic spirit of a generation. Treading in its wake, songs like Breed build a wall of noise (layers of guitar, samplings and vocals) according to a musical lexicon which has been reduced to minimum terms and maximum means in order to wed juvenile frustration and metaphysical yearning. However, in this caldron of burning lava, some intense and weary ballads shine too - In Bloom, Lithium and On A Plain which are the album's true heart. The autobiographical Come As You Are is plainer, but it conquered the audience all the same. It is only in the stormy raptures of Territorial Pissing and in the wild ferociousness of Stay Away that Nirvana recall their origins; Cobain is at his top as a singer, he can even transform the acoustic moaning of Polly or the moribund whisper of Something In The Way into magical and ominous atmospheres. His detached howl (a virtual oxymoron) is worthier than the songs he sings. Elements of the Sixties proudly surface in Lounge Act, revealing that, after all, this is the same good old bubblegum, now performed with the grace of a bulldozer, its main ancestor being the Los Angeles powerpop of the 70's.

The obvious commercial potential of the album (five million copies sold against the thirty thousand of their first album) did not cut off Cobain's hard-core fans from him: he still shined as a mythical, fiendish character and kept on asserting his belief in the punk creed.

Because I'm 12 and I don't like pop music anymore

Because Kurt was uniornically one of the best song writers of the 20th century.

I mean honestly, the composition for every song on this record is near perfect. There's not one song where you hear a part and think "huh that dragged on a measure to long". It all happens long enough for you to enjoy the part, but not to the point where you think that maybe said part of the composition is going on a bit to long and getting repetitive.

They along with mudhoney played in the same style but the sound and present action is what set Nirvana apart.

Because it came at a time when Motley Crue and Poison type bands were writing their 100th song about pizza and blowjobs.
It was just something different and refreshing for a few years. He wasn't an all time genuis. Just a guy that could write a catchy tune.

This.

It's good music.

He wrote hobo rock like Charles Manson.
The more drugs you do the more genius "a mulatto, an albino, a mesquito" sounds

bump, saving le thread