The Neon Demon

Was this good?

it was alright, not his best work and the original script was better before all of the rewrites

Deleted my post.

I should have had the first post but I made a post in another thread and had to wait 47 seconds to post again so this piece of shit is now the first post

Enjoy your thread, cucks

It was good.

>le I read the original scripts and le wasnt better than le final movie le because le original scripts

Oh, fuck off.

I riked it

It was scene kino and overall I thought a few of the characters were inconsistent but it was an interesting watch.

8.1/10

>not his best work
What is his best work? It changes from who you ask. Some say it's Drive, others Valhalla Rising, and a few even Bronson. Me? I know it's OGF.

Explain why you thought certain characters were inconsistent.

Only God Forgives was a schlock. You couldn't tell what was going on. I haven't seen Valhalla rising but from the trailer it looks like it's a total schlock.

>all these 90s sound effects in the trailer

how was the original script?

No. All I have to say is when Keanu is the best actor in the moive you know you have a real stinker on your hands.

Only God Forgives was pretty straightforward, ignoring all of the God symbolism.

I wouldn't call it schlock though. It's the opposite of schlock actually. There are very few directors nowadays that still adhere to the "auteur" definition.

OGF is what happens when a filmmaker thinks he's better than he actually is.

For me it's the classic red flag for someone's taste - I'd put money on the fact that you don't know shit about cinema.

It was pretty good, one of the weaker refn films. I would have liked it more if it had been full gialo all along and not just the ending

>He didn't like Elle

What a fucking faggot cocksucker.

I thought it was really interesting and had a great build up and suspense.

Then the third act rushed though and I realized I had just watched a modernized version of Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

depends, on a plot perspective its like drive and only god forgives. Retarded
on a technical perspective its also like drive and only god forgives beautifully shot with great visuals, if you enjoyed them for the visuals you'll like it, if you found them boring like me you'll hate it like me.

GOAT senpai, MOTY

It doesn't matter what Refn thinks of himself or his capabilities. It's his best work despite it being far more transparent and far less compelling in its message than he imagined.

i would have liked it way more if they didn't include the blood bath scene

to me it just took the bluster out of the ending and made everything after seem like a waste of time
like he blew his wad but kept on banging because he wanted to show off

i'm sure a true kinophile will call me a pleb for thinking that way but i dunno, it just seemed like a waste of a good old fashioned reveal. sometimes its ok to be conventional, refn

I didn't love it but wouldn't be surprised if it gets some sort of cult following eventually

Ironic. You probably have no idea about cinema yourself and are incredibly insecure about your taste which is made clear by the fact that you believe you know more about Refn and his films than he does. That's pretty bold of you.
>OGF is what happens when a filmmaker thinks he's better than he actually is.
Honestly, one of the dumbest statements i've read on Sup Forums.

What I have noticed is that a lot of people who criticize Refn for making shallow or transparent films simply have their heads so far jammed up their asses that they are incapable of seeing the films for what they really are.

> not le scripts
You had one job

after the dust settles you will all realize it was objectively bad just like his last movie

Faggot.

I took my girlfriend to see it when it came out.
She cried on the way home.
So, kinda. It's definitely interesting.

It's a film that thinks too highly of itself. Simple message which is so overblown and overextended that it's a chore to watch through.

Keanu was great in it as expected.

yeah man just ignore the entire first half of his filmography thats cool no problem its chill

Its shit absolutely trash

>he likes Elle's acting
Shit tasting swearing pleb

It's shit

>simple message which is so overblown and overextended that it's a chore to watch through.
Thats refn now for you. He hits you over the head with his directing its autistm. He should just makes commericals

i didn't know what ride i was in for when i began the movie, yet i kept in my mind that this in fact was a Refn movie

then it became a 9/10 in the last few scenes

Why are there so many faggots on my Sup Forums? I thought summer was over.