>mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg
Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Previous thread: (dead at just over 100 posts)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BkVo_wIKo74
youtube.com/watch?v=kHTuB6V4NGQ
youtu.be/m2CWm4vsWkM
youtube.com/watch?v=rDTRfsD-bvg
amazon.com/Donner-Compressor-Ultimate-Guitar-Effect/dp/B01CDTRKLM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1511451291&sr=8-2&keywords=donner compressor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=BkVo_wIKo74

youtube.com/watch?v=kHTuB6V4NGQ

It's almost that time of year, where user starts asking /gg/ what they should ask their paraents to get them for christmas.

My list for beginners this Xmas
>bullet strat
>pocket pod
>computer speakers

youtu.be/m2CWm4vsWkM

>bullet strat
some of those are actually playable. i suggest pic related

alright fa/gg/ots I'm back awake prepare your anuses for my gobble gobble

Want to get my first guitar. This one seems like a good deal: Yamaha Pacifica 611 VFM

>Grover Locking
>2 Seymour Duncan Pickups
>Wilkinson Tremolo

Body seems nice as well. Thoughts? Its not my personal preference when it comes to looks but I can deal with it for a good quality/price ratio. And the price is definitely as steal.

Forgot the pic

Sure. Point is, if you can spend a little more, it's always good to look at musical instruments as an investment. Even if you are a beginner, starting with a mid priced brand guitar, will guarantee that, if it doesn't work out and you decide to not play anymore, you can basically make all your money back if you got something like a MI strat

>truss rod access at the nut
Why would anybody waste money on garbage like this? Just save a little bit of money and buy a nice guitar instead for Christ's sakes.

wtf is a michigan strat

>1 volume for a single coil and humbucker
Why would anybody waste money on garbage like this? Just save a little bit of money and buy a nice guitar instead for Christ's sakes.

Straight from Kalamazoo

Did you sleep well?

like a meal babby

Yeah this one really seems viable. I know its "only" a Yamaha but the components and build quality seem to be good overall. I dont really care for names and I dont think I will sell it anytime soon. I dont plan to have a collection just one very versatile. Which this one seems to be IMO.
Nice troll I might be a beginner but this is bait.
I guess this could be legit but I most likely wont play with both at the same time anyway.

the top is an emulation of woodgrain, don't buy unless you intend on stripping off all that plastic. Nut is also pretty narrow but it's your life.

You slept covered in make up?

I got the 311H which is very similar. Same hardware (except it has a hardtail bridge), Korean pickups (the p90 in the neck position is great, just had to swap out the humbucker) and it doesn't have the flamed maple veneer.

Fretjob on mine wasn't perfect but definitely acceptable at that price range. Besides that it's a really good guitar.

I'm sorry you're unaware of the implications of having to adjust your truss rod at the nut. Pic related, this is how the truss rod is adjusted on a proper guitar. This is a good opportunity for you to learn though, you can thank me later.

Which part goes where?

>playing with a strap

this

the holes are for your nipples

Oh yeah and someone else pointed out the narrow nut width. 42mm is really quite small, but not unplayable by any means (I have fairly large hands).

I'd also think about getting the cheaper model, as I said they have almost identical hardware, the p90 is actually really good so you'd just have to swap out the humbucker and the maple veneer is not worth that much money IMO. Your choice obviously but I think the 3xx models are a better deal.

But he aint got no nipples

jfc what a freak then

Here is a pic of the maple top

Very pretty

Why doesn't the atomic amplifire come in a rack unit?

I know this is a weeb board but there is no defending this.

*takes my tele off its stand*
*plugs it into my axefx II*
*takes a sip of my freshly made soy latte*

I was thinking about finally learning guitar. How many days of practice (if I practice an hour a day) should I expect it to take to become semi decent?

>grab acoustic to practice a bit
>do 2 rows of spiders (i.e. up and down the fretboard two times)
>starts hurting already at some point on the fretting hand's wrist

365-730

forgot pic

Don't listen to this user.

Having the truss rod at the heel is a pain. Fender did this during the 50's and 60's but trust me, it's a pain and let me explain.
Adjusting it at the heel means that you will have to unscrew your neck every time you adjust adding to wear and tear.

And the most glaring issue is this: To adjust the neck perfectly, you need to have the strings on at the correct tension when you adjust. When you adjust it at the heel, you will need to loosen the strings then unscrew the neck, adjust, screw the neck back on then tighten the strings only to realise the neck is not as straight as it was when you initially adjusted it. The string adds tension and thus changes the bow of the neck.

When you can adjust the truss at the neck, it makes your life easier. And it's way more precise.

Are there amps similar to Rivera Sedona, i.e. combined electric/acoustic amps but with separate inputs for magnetic pickups and piezo? My guitar has a piezo bridge and it would be nice to have two different amps in one package and then be able to switch between them by choosing different output on my guitar.

I had a lot of issues with my hands and shoulders but I kind of was able to overcome them a bit.
First of all, make sure you do hand stretches and shoulder stretches.
Another thing that helped a lot was this rubber band exercise: youtube.com/watch?v=rDTRfsD-bvg
Lastly, look at how you are sitting. Do you need to stretch awkwardly when you play? You may want to cross your legs when you sit down, or rest your guitar like classical musicians do - between the legs.

To those with a dreadnought shaped acoustic - Do you use 10 or 11 gauge strings on it?

Right attaches at the bottom

go sip your coffe then head to your stupid kon threads at Sup Forums
and stay there all day if possible

Ibanez Sge430cs acoustic
is it solid wood or laminated

I think you're going to be really unhappy with what I do instead today.

*shitposts in /gg/ all day*

lmaoing @ ur life

what's telecaster good for? stuff like jangle pop?

For shred

amazon.com/Donner-Compressor-Ultimate-Guitar-Effect/dp/B01CDTRKLM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1511451291&sr=8-2&keywords=donner compressor

Are these good?

twanging

rolling stones and zeppelin songs, and country twang, and nice sounds

Any interesting online sales/discounts on black friday?

Strings and beyond has 15% discount, that's as much as I know

I'm sorry my friend but you couldn't be more wrong. Fender is very proactive about correcting design flaws like truss rod access at the nut. Picture related, the new Fender "Elite" Stratocaster with the corrected truss rod access at the heel where it should be.

Fender doesn't make this kind of drastic design change to their flagship model unless there's a very good reason to do so. Truss rod access at the but is an inferior feature that's only used on budget guitars made for students.

why is that?

13 inch laptop was on my list but I think I'll be squinting at my DAW too much. (Even though there's always the option of getting a separate monitor.) I'm not sure if I'll go bigger than 15, tho.

real nice pole spacing on that... i don't know what bridge pu. pro guitar my ass

i didnt see that last year
wtf how old are you, asking christmas gifts?

i need someone to tell me a fucking compressor to buy

any, they dont matter

Best of both worlds, then. Not at nut. No neck removal. (First comment on the topic.)

A lot of "should's" but no reasons stated.

>t. My parents don't love me anymore.

>if my parents lost their money they would no longer love me

>Fender doesn't make this kind of drastic design change to their flagship model unless there's a very good reason to do so. Truss rod access at the but is an inferior feature that's only used on budget guitars made for students.
Obviously a troll. So many other guitars that are better in quality and outprice the elite that have the truss adjuster on the neck.

They could always make him something :~)

Left attached to the bottom.

Opinions on mAh new guitar?

...with truss rod adjustment at the nut, right?

Awful.

>two of the same pickups
>one knob

like what the fuck son

[spoiler]anyway how does it sound?[/spoiler]

Sup Forumss' been looking for you bitch. Go cleanup page one ffs

I quit guitar to play bass, picked up a guitar last night for the first time in a year or so, I have lost all my guitar chops.
That B string throws me so much as well.

>tfw only a Gibson™ is good enough

why did you quit guiar you fucking mong

>Two of the same pickup

This is true of most two pickup guitars.

>One knob

This will be changed, it comes routed with room for a tone knob.

>Only a Gibson is good enough
>Posts player who is predominantly a Fender player

This is obvious b8.

you're worse than the string path autists.

WHen people are looking at you, which way would make the Fender logo right side up?

>be me
>started playing guitar when I was a teenager
>seemed like a cool way to express yourself musically
>got really good
>considered accomplished even by professionals I sometimes associate with
>as I mature musically I realize writing guitar based music is rudimentary, simplistic and creatively limited compared to the infinite possibilities a laptop based DAW offers now
>as I mature musically I slowly realize how uninteresting most guitar based music actually is
>as I mature socially I come to realize most people have long since stopped caring about guitar based music too
>mfw guitar might as well be an accordion or a harpsichord now
>pic related: mfw I know in my heart I wasted my time on this instrument
>mfw I wish I could have all that time I wasted back

for God's sake don't end up like me kids, save yourselves from my fate

It's at an angle

so if i want to get into music is fucking around on a computer really the most exciting thing i can do?

>music
>excitement
choose one

is writing a song really not exciting? even at first?

is it necessary to have a shred-clean picking?

Mxr dynacomp. Thank me later

Nah just play like shit like kurt cobain.

>t. mr sloppy picking

>anymore
they never did

Guitar hero's PC port is looking like it's coming along swimmingly.

right so off beat like you

Would you spend $5,000 on a guitar?

Why or why not?

no it's not. it's a smaller pickup, try again

Nah

Just buy like 5 thousand dollar guitars instead

i'd spend $5k on a fully custom spec from some smaller luther who could make it do everything i want.
not spending $5k on some big brand's "custom shop" bullshit even if they hold their value better.

you should make it drive you around, because you could get a car and guitar with an amp as well.

Does this mean im pro?

>he buys cars worth less than 5k
I've never been that poor

There's a certain price point where any differences in "quality" no longer mean anything

hahha

so what do you want a medal. get in your car and fuck off