Why is everything fucking hip hop now a days?

Why is everything fucking hip hop now a days?

It's the new Rock, for now.

blek ppl nid represntashun

Largely because it promotes degeneracy

where the fuck did rock fans go?

they died of old age

checking in

it's popular

doesn't make it or its fans any less cringe

australia and took a bunch of LSD and decided to start again from the 60s

Because everyone sucks american cock but no one sucks american cock better than americans.

We're still here.
A lot of us like hip hop now too.
If you think there's some kind of exclusivity between these two styles of popular music, you really are mistaken.
I will always be a prog rock fan, but West Coast art rap has won a place in my heart.

Hip-hop is constantly innovating and evolving in a shorter timespan than rock.

Rock has had virtually no innovation since the 90s and has stagnated, therefore it has fallen out of favor with the younger generations of music fans who thirst for something fresh and interesting.

Only dads and le wrong generation faggots still care about rock.

>I will always be a prog rock fan, but West Coast art rap has won a place in my heart.
tips

> animeposter
> sipping the poptimist koolaid
> playing the "lewronggen" card

3/10 surprised you didn't accuse anyone who doesn't like rap of being racist

>poptimist

what does that have to do with my post?

desu anime is better than most rock these days

don't deny that lewronggen is a thing

I don't think you have to be racist to not like hip-hop but I do think a lot of people don't give it a chance because they are racist, I mean you see that all the time here

culture and politics
it will fade, something will supersede it, that will fade, something will supersede that....
neither hip hop nor rock are innately better than one or another, they're just functions of different political and cultural eras. i would predict that in about 25 or so years when all the og 80s hip hop artists are a similar age to people like paul mccartney, neil young, etc., there will be a kind-of backlash against this newly establishment musical genre. i reckon this will also come around with the *potential* emancipation of the black man in america. who really knows though

>I just think a lot of people don't give it a chance because they're racist
Or, they're: Close-minded, don't care for it, only like a few genres, etc.

They do appeal to the same sensibilities.
I like my music to be distracting.

based discordweeb

They left when all the rockstars became female dream pop vocalists with a backing band consisting of dull nu-males. People like personalities, and today you'll find that most rockstar attitudes are seen in rap artists, not rockstars themselves. I don't think there's anything wrong with that personally, but it is the case nonetheless.

That is only half of the truth

The other half is that hip-hop is easier to mass-produce and to promote. Don't forget that the record companies who promote hip-hop are the exact same ones that promote rock.
If someone chooses to flood the market with one or the other, it's not the consumers, it's Universal Music and such. If someone chooses to showcase the innovations of a given genre instead of ignoring them, it's them. Consumers can only create small cult followings if those innovations aren't advertised massively in the first place.

If they were so inclined, record companies could easily create a buttrock revival. But right now they're riding the general public's positive reception of hip-hop and doubling down on it.

The fact that hip-hop is innovating a fair bit right now is not that relevant considering that the mainstream has been dominated by trap rap for the past decade. Do you really think that the average fuckhead cares much for industrial hip-hop or abstract rap?

The way I see it, if you value rap more than you value blues, jazz, techno, or other musical genres indicative of black expression, then you really just appreciate the mistrelsy of rap, and not the music itself.

Only it's not new.

Rock was like from the 50s - 80s, a good 30 years.

Rap has been pop since the early 80s so it's had probably a longer run than rock.

to be fair, the selling point of rap is not the musicality. And even then, current-day rap is a lot more musically advanced than in past decades.

It's still basically trash though

pop rock was still huge in the 2000s though

soon to be replaced by 'rick rop' music

Because Hip hop thrives in the social media era. It's all based around image and materialism which can easily be displayed and advertised on sites like Instagram. It's also piss easy to make and due to the fact that getting paid is the main objective of hip hop it's not held to the same levels of integrity. Why would a record company shell out for a 4piece band's studio time to make a full album when a producer can throw together the beat for a hit song in 10 minutes on their macbook/phone while up and coming SoundCloud sensation "Yung Anal Prolapse" mumbles about prescription drugs and luxury brands for the 5th or 6th time and have this warm shit be lapped up by the American public

It's sort of like punk, the way people valued band camaraderie above actual musicianship.
Not that either style isn't open to the interpretation of skilled performers, it's just that it's not as much of a requirement.

Not really.
Who are you thinking? Nickelback?
The biggest acts I remember from that decade were all rap or Alicia keys Beyonce shit.
Emenim, nelly, 50 cent

for further consideration:

A competent rap album only takes one or two guys to make. A rapper and maybe a producer. Not even a backing band. That's only two guys you have to pay, two guys you have to fuck over with contract deals.

The rest is "features", aka easy advertisement. It's incredibly awkward to feature a rock artist on a rock album, but it's perfectly acceptable to bring in a rapper for a couple of bars on another project.

For those very practical, down-to-earth reasons that have nothing to do with artistry, politics, or the public's tastes, hip-hop is a strategically safer choice than rock music from a record company's point of view.

the biggest=/=the only huge ones.

Nickelback was huge.

Hip Hop is the primary form of social music these days having superseded other forms last decade when rock music grew stale. Hip hop is now coming stale, so the next genre with mass appeal will probably start to replace it soon.

again, it's not just about staleness

see

Honestly I'd rather have Lil Poop soundcloud rappers than Nickleback.
I don't even acknowledge Nickelback as a rock band

ding ding ding. What this guy said. Hip-Hop isn't popular because its fresh and innovative, its because you have the corporations shoving it down our throats because its a lot easier to mass produce and make money.

The fuck is wrong with you?
Nickelback is trash but at least it's not limp gay wimpy trash.

And also because it's just fun and gimmicky enough for people to like it regardless.

You gotta keep in mind, the teens and 20-smthing who buy it are in majority former EDM listeners who think of hip-hop as an edgy alternative to it.

They are jerking off the same 15 bands over and over again.

I love rock, nickelback raped it's dead corpse and bragged while doing it. unforgivable.

No. 2000s emocore did. Twee "indeh" did. That's the really offensively bad stuff that disrespect what rock is about. Nickelback is just what leaked out of the corpse's loosening butthole.

It's impossible to make money performing live with a rock band now. With all these fees that venues add on, and city permits and shit.
Literally impossible.

The only way to make a tiny bit of money is to be Metallica and charge $300-$500 for a ticket.

South America

i like the fact that hip hop has more mainstream cachet than rock. the vast majority of 'mainstream' music is horrible, and the fact that rock no longer is mainstream liberates groups from having to chase the yank dollar and can focus more on just being a rock group and making different music. this is all conjecture, however

Rock is dead because retarded critics forced the everything with guitar and drums is rock meme.

becuz it's the best

duhh

Hip-hop is the culture,rap is the music. Get your shit straight.
Oh and this trash today isnt rap.

still listening to their old favs since rock hasnt produced anything interesting in decades

You're totally wrong, user

How else will subpar white kids feel cool?
All white dudes that are really into rap are either soyboys or manlets.
There are no alpha wiggers.

I know some of you are thinking "not me though". Yes, you.

rap is the vocal delivery style, hip-hop is the music and the culture around it

Rap is music that people pretend to like or like ironically. Rock is music that people genuinely like. Since the current cultural zeitgeist is heavily defined by post-irony, it created the illusion that people hate rock and unironically listen to rap.

Not me though

Hip hop culture died in like 1987.
Anything else is just nostalgia fashion

as stupid as it sounds i feel like this actually might be part of it

>muh degeneracy
Literally exactly how people used to talk about rock

Go to sleep, David Foster Wallace

because it's made by black people - or niggers - as i like to call them
and mainstream media promotes said niggers and pretends to be socially progressive
while the nigger dances and jumps, white man watches from the top of the pyramid and collects the money dumb goyim throw at the nigger

"Literally exactly"

New low Sup Forums

t. """"""alpha""""""

woke af

Jews aren't white

Since when does Sup Forums care about grammar?

Yeh every race tapdances and shoots up smack for Israel

It literally exactly never has cared

They do when it allows them to sidestep your argument

No peroid! You lost the fight!
>SELF HIGH FIVE

still listening to AC/DC
they didn't want the genre to evolve and that's why it died

Have you ever even interacted with someone you would call an "alpha"? I know for a fact that at least 90% of "alpha" guys at my college listen to primarily rap

That's me expect replace AC/DC with Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Others tried to evolve the genre but every other Southern Rock band is shit. Especially current Lynyrd Skynyrd

not sure if i've ever seen a genuine alpha, just a lot of people who think they're alpha

Most alpha young white guys listen to hip hop

Listening to hip hop alone doesnt make you a wigger.
Also I want pics, because I think you might be confusing your local douchebags as alpha males

user look around for two damn seconds and you'll find some decent rock to listen to. Did your dad tell you that only his old Zep records are acceptable?

I didn't say anything about wiggers. Are you saying you want me to go take pictures of people that would be seen as alpha males?

t.child
Genres die and genres evolve

Jews

Because hip-hop is just another symptom of white men becoming so pussified that they need to sell poop colored manchildren as the cultural icons of masculinity, while they can't even rap and sound like they're choking on cock and cough syrup.

The only people that eat it up are soys and tryhard wite bois. A true alpha white guy doesn't need to listen to jungle music, he should have such a commanding presence in the room that all music negatively gets sucked into his persona and spit out as white noise.

The soys in this thread say they claim to, "ironically like it", because they see Soythany Boytano do it on Youtube, and the only way they can feel like they have self-worth is when they act as an expert on anything other than sucking cocks and sipping on BPAs.

To be fair, rock is stale and the boomers who ruined our society continue to listen to blues shit while talking about their glory days, getting drunk and consuming culture to stay in a constant state of adolescence.

All genres are just marketing created for people to consume culture and have, "identities", so they can feel like a special snowflake, even though they are just in a crowd of pigs feeding out of the trough that is corporate control. The only genres that actually exist are classical and jazz. Everything else was designed by a Stein or a Berg to bind people to, "culture".

t. blackie

>Hip-hop is constantly innovating
I hear this all the time. What do people mean when they say that hip-hop is innovating? What does it do which hasn't been done in other genres in the past 50+ years?

Don't disagree that it does keep changing with every artist or release, "evolving" is too far-fetched of a word though.

The cultural zeitgeist of the Obama years made heavy rock not fashionable.

Instead this happened. That shit is today's "rock".

*every new artist or release

Anyone who thinks hip-hop has evolved at all is a retard. You could listen to hip-hop from 1992 and it is barely distinguishable from anything today save the production and slang/references used. Either you're a gangsta, you're in da club with hookers hanging off your arms, or you have political/black empowerment messages.

In truth, the range of hip-hop is far more limited than rock, it has a much smaller amount of subject matter it deals with.

>barely distinguishable
>the production is different
>the slang is different
>but it's barely distinguishable

Go to bed, Gene Simmons.

>it's different in every way except vaguely similar subject matter

Rap hip hop w/e only advances as far as technology does.
From mixtables to pro tools is the only evolution that rap has ever been through.

There's infinitely more flavors/variations of rock than there is hip-hop as well as subject matter. Do you think the Rolling Stones sounded at all like Smashing Pumpkins or sang about the same things?

It's music taken to its rawest form. It's trash and is low effort shit thats cheap to produce and brings in massive profit because people are idiots. It's simply a product that people will buy because they are stupid.

I feel like this.

I like a good amount of contemporary hip-hop but to me it's like watching an entertaining blockbuster. There are albums in other genres I really sit down to listen to, it sounds pretentious but to me it's the difference between a flick and a proper film.

this. read Adorno.

>To be fair, rock is stale and the boomers who ruined our society continue to listen to blues shit while

You ever think that aging faggots like the Rolling Stones and AC/DC need to retire instead of turning rock into a carnival show with old guys who play generic blues licks? I do.

Rap or hip hop doesnt create music.
It's about stealing other peoplea music while you rap over it. It's been like that since day 1.

Making music is just really geeky and tedious now. The only thing that seems fun to kids is trying to rap and act all cocky. In rock the whole band is having fun. In rap it's just the rapper having fun while Nerdy McNerdenstein is copying and pasting bars in pro tools

Except rappers don't retire either.
Big Daddy Kane still tours
KRS 1
Chuck D
No musicians that make in big retire, they only take breaks.

A lot of people don't like hip-hop, but based on my experience most of them don't quite have the ability to articulate exactly why they don't like it, instead falling back on meme phrases like "Rap is crap" or "You can't spell crap without rap."

I just ate a hamburger and it wasn't hip hop

This, visit your average frat house on a big public college campus. Nothing but white rap-listening wannabe gangster niggers

>A lot of us like hip hop now too.

How.
I got coworkes listening to dutch rap/hiphop all the time but I'm just hearing an autotuned deadbeat acting tough over some drummachine, how the fuck could I get into that?

IDK, but the hip-hop community is a lot bigger on dismissing old rappers than the rock community. Probably because hip-hop is about image and cult rather than music.

They are frat boys in college, that's hardly a wigger that's trying to live a gangsta lifestyle.

Yeah that's why they're "wannabes"
We really should just exterminate all "greeks"