Daily reminder that if you can't spell, off the top of your head, all of the major, minor...

>Daily reminder that if you can't spell, off the top of your head, all of the major, minor, augmented and diminished triads, you aren't a musician

Why aren't you practicing right now, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Polychords-Polya-Adventures-Musical-Combinatorics/dp/0963009702
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

music theory frustrates me

I am working on a piece of software that does this for me, as a way to learn music theory and to improve my coding/developer skills.

amazon.com/Polychords-Polya-Adventures-Musical-Combinatorics/dp/0963009702

That's fine. You're basically illiterate, though.

I can't believe there are people who fall for the music theory meme

i'm aware

>the physical properties of waveforms and ratios between frequency is a meme

Can you imagine being this much of a brainlet?

Hi Iannis

if you want to take that approach, you should be composing microtonal music

that still renders much of Western music theory irrelevant

>literally just count from 0 to 7 from any note
>add a 3 to make a minor chord
>add a 4 to make a major
Wow music theory is so hard guys

it's trivial if you're thinking about set theory, but kind of stupid if you're thinking about conventional note names, piano keyboards or sheet music

most of music theory was written before that was actually understood, which makes western music theory a cryptic and roundabout explanation of what's actually happening

>literally do your ABC's
Wow reading is so hard.

Xenakis was a professional theorist, what are you on about?

right, the terminology is pretty retarded all the way around

Scrub normie question. How do you know the right enharmonic names for the augmented and diminished triads' notes?

It was understood since antiquity.

How do you determine correct enharmonic note names for augmented and diminished triads?

It can be understood, sure, but that doesn't mean it isn't extremely clumsy and convoluted.

The note names don't leave the key. Any C-triad will have C, E, and G as its letter names.

The key being the major key for the root of the chord? So that giving you C-E-G as major triad means

dim: C Eb Gb
aug: C E G#?

That is correct

Music theory makes me head hurted

Cool I've learned something today

learning basic musical acoustic theory and just/pythagorean intonations should be required in theory courses desu

More like musical autistic theory.

Knowledge of theory interferes with creativity. Beats are the new tones anyway.

Knowledge of vocabulary interferes with language. Emojis are the new words anyway.

Both are true.

are you one of those music people that hates math so the mere look at the logarithm in the frequency-to-cents formula brings you to tears?

No.

lol

>>Daily reminder that if you can't spell, off the top of your head, all of the major, minor, augmented and diminished triads, you aren't a musician
Does spelling out mean naming all the notes? Like F major triad is F A C, I think? Please be nice, I'm not smart.

Yes