Is it kino?

is it kino?

>tfw want to watch this but don't want to go to the theater alone

wat do

>he doesn't have a gf

pathetic

Yes. You can tell by how dumb all the posts saying they don't like it are.

I was so appalled when the movie turned from intersting alien mystery to full on sappy romance in like two seconds I left the theater. What happened after their little love in?

this

The movie ended in like 2 minutes after that.
Shit annoyed me as well.
I expected some "hard" sci-fi, instead I got half sci-fi, half cancerous romance.

Not Villeneuve's best but still pretty damn good

It's honestly the kino of the year. On my top 10 list of all-time. An actually though-provoking movie and not in the basic sense that people use that term. If you like philosophy of language and linguistics it's definitely kino.

>amy adams
Kek no it isnt, she is a terrible fucking actor

I felt like it had no depth at all.

The language of the aliens is very simple, and the movie doesn't try to explain why is it so much more different than ours, the international "conflict" over the alien's intentions is just china and russia (and alex jones) being the bad guys, and the ending felt reeeally clunky and out of place.

The big surprise in the end wasn't really exciting and emotionally affecting.

Otherwise, it's a pretty good flick

Kill yourself

>if you wanted to see what happened why wouldn't you wait for the movie to end you fucking autist

>Romance

No.

people who disliked the romance are upset bc it reflects how yet again they themselves will never experience it and thus they dislike the movie.

Romance did a great job of humanising her and the consequences and weight of her choices - it showed how knowing the language can impact your day to day rather than on a major scale (rather than future of mankind shit which we normally get in alien flicks).

i thought it was pretty great, also recommend the short story for some better understanding of the physics behind their language

SHITTING OUT WAFTING INK BLOTCHES WITH DRIFTING EDGES FROM THEIR RAPE TENTACLES AND THEN COMPUTERS ANALYZING EVERY LITTLE POINT LIKE IT WAS PRECISE GEOMETRY WAS BULLSHIT

RENNER DELIVERED THE MOST HAMFISTED PICKUP LINE NEAR THE END I SPAT OUT MY MTN DEW CODE RED FROM LAUGHING, THE SCREENPLAY WAS HIGHLY RETARDED IN MANY SPOTS

>BUT I KNOW THE FUTURE AND WE GET MARRIED AND HAVE A CANCER BABBY TOGETHER SO THIS IS WHEN I FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM

HE SHOULDA JUST CALLED HER A SLUT 2BH

renner is an physicist autist tho you gotta expect that from him probably spoken to no girls since graduating high school baka

Literally read the post

globalist propaganda

why don't you want to go to the theater alone user?

it's comfy af and often times much more enjoyable, especially if the room's not that crowded (one seat empty between every group/person)

the linguistics stuff was all bullshit