I have been granted an interview with Phil Elverum, what should I ask him?

i have been granted an interview with Phil Elverum, what should I ask him?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/hrishihirway/song-exploder-no-13-the/s-NtNOn
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does he have any regrets about killing lil peep?

Geez! Is this real? For a radio show?

DUDE SICK WIFE GRIEVING LMAO

for a school project, but I'll try to record and put it up on soundcloud

>guy makes depressing music about his life and relationships before wife died
>wife dies
>expect him not to make music about it

>So your wife died, right?

then after he awkwardly answers your question you go

>Yeah, Paul Newman told me you never get over it.

I'm so jealous...

It was surprisingly easy to get him to do an interview with me, I literally just asked and he said yes. Didnt even have to pretend to be affiliated with a talk show or college radio

That's awesome! I definitely wouldn't have had the guts to ask (most likely in fear of the fanboy coming out of me). In terms of questions, what were you planning on discussing already? A Crow Looked at Me?

ask him about changing his project's name from the microphones to mt. eerie

The guilt is starting to sink in

this

Also, ask him about his future

ask him what his-a favourite kind of-a meatball is!

mostly I wanted to discuss his transitional period from Microphones/Mount Eerie, personally I don't think I could deal with the topic of death in a way thats mature and does justice to his situation, so I've decided to avoid it.

Ya, that makes sense (he's also had many interviews this year on that topic).
Personally, I'm really interested in how he developed his lyrical approach and how and why he transitioned from singing bluntly about recording equipment, compressors, etc. into the poetic, introspective nature and life themed lyrics that people associate with him.
Idk... just interested in his unique lyrical approach in general and his inspirations

I can’t tell if that guy was trolling, but don’t ask him about the name change... I would actually ask him about Lil Peep, even if only for one question.

Maybe something about if he’s changed his mind about Peep using samples of Microphones music? Considering he didn’t have many nice things to say when Peep was alive.

It would tie in to talk of that transitional period, and his feelings of being disconnected emotionally from his early music, whereas a lot of teenagers now see the Glow 2 as a sort of “sad” music landmark

>I can’t tell if that guy was trolling
I was lol, Phil mentions every interview how sick he is of that question

What exactly did he say about Lil Peep? I can't imagine him being mean to anybody.
Also, I think its a great idea to ask him about feeling emotionally disconnected from his previous work, is it because he wrote them from a place of emotional dishonesty or because he feels the emotions presented arent valid anymore?

its interesting how retarded all of you all. nobody even bothers to mention the actual producer that sampled the song in the first place

ask him what soy tastes like

I emailed him about it once and he called him a “ding dong” and claimed in another tweet that he “stole” his recordings, but this was all months ago and I wonder if he still retains his views

what is that song at the end of i want to be cold

ask him if he's ever read any turgenev

normmmmmmmm

Ask him how he came to develop some of his songwriting and recording techniques

ask him whether he thinks that music can have a negative influence on people

Ask him what kind of setup he had for mics and everything for the part of the song 'the glow pt. 2' where he goes

MYYYYYYY HEART BEATS LOUDLY

That whole section is really interesting and I haven't been able to find out how he made that effect on his vocals. I dm'd him on twitter but no response.

ask him what kind of music he sees himself making in the future

it just sounds like a shitty microphone that can’t deal with the volume

ask him about literature that influenced him and about lil peep

not really useful but i interviewed him once and he was delightful. Have fun

Are you norwegian? I see he's in Norway atm doing shows in many cities here. Even writing in norwegian on his twitter.

Regarding Norway, I recommend everybody read his book from when he was staying at that cabin. It's really something.

Is that the Dawn book? I haven't read it, I've only heard that it has to do with the album

How's the wife?

Yeah it's Dawn. There's so much exposition on The Glow pt.2 to Mount Eerie period. Really changed my outlook on the albums, in a positive manner.

Sounds like something I would be interested in, is purchasing a physical copy from his website the only way of accessing it? Or is there a way to get a digital copy

Different song but same album and great insight:

soundcloud.com/hrishihirway/song-exploder-no-13-the/s-NtNOn

Proof.

you have to ask him about lil peep, that is the one essential thing that you must do. There will never be another time to get him to fully articulate his feelings on this whole thing

You alright man?

ask him who he is

I'm not OP but why do people care what Phil's thoughts on the Lil Peep situation are? It's an extremely uncomfortable and unnecessary topic to discuss. Obviously Peep's death was sad and Phil has acknowledged that, but Phil isn't a fan of his music and doesn't know him personally. Asking about it will just get you a really empty and uncomfortable answer just forcing Phil to just have to obligatorily say how sad it was that Lil Peep died

"How have you been?"

Ask him how much soy he eats.

Also, ask him why he doesn't write, sing, and play well instead of writing, singing, and playing badly to seem damaged and deep.