Is Pink Floyd better than the Beatles?

Is Pink Floyd better than the Beatles?

nah not quite

Obviously
Bowie, Dylan, Young is too

NO!
DON'T EVER ASK THAT QUESTION OR START A THREAD IN Sup Forums EVER AGAIN!

Yes, The Beatles are quite generic while Floyd has their own style.

>beatles inspires many bands/artists
>they get copied from
>"dude they sound like everyone else"

They inspired all the generic bands.

i love pink floyd but they're so wanky
beatles have their wanky moments but they're so much purer somehow

no contest

Black Sabbath is better than both to be honest

Syd's Floyd? Yes
Post-Syd Floyd? Yes
Roger's Floyd? Yes
Sold-Out Floyd? No.

Yes, this

Well duh Sabbath is like the best band ever

are apples better than oranges?

No

of course. I like The Beatles but they never made soemthing on the level of Interstellar Overdrive, Echoes, Dogs & Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

>implying they didn't sell out with their first record deal
Just admit you don't like Gilmour's music

Like Pink Floyd?

Ozzy Osborne has said The Beatles were the greatest band of all time and the only reason he didn't go work in a factory for the rest of his life

Pink Floyd was nowhere near as influential to normie music as the Beatles

Nah I only listen to alternative metal and soundcloud rap

I know that. He ended up making better music than them.

do people even consider this
of course the best prog rock band of all time is better than some boring pop band

Overall I would say The Beatles because they innovated while still writing contemporary music, which to some is still not enough and makes them a "normie" band, but to some is respectable. Both bands did a lot for their time.

>only influenced top 40 pop and indie soyboy musicians, unlike Pink Floyd

The top 3 Pink Floyd albums are:

- The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
- The Dark Side of the Moon
- Wish You Were Here

The top 3 Beatles albums are:

- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
- Revolver
- White Album

Anyone who thinks Pink Floyd's best albums are better than The Beatles' best albums is objectively wrong.

I just can't believe that anyone would unironically enjoy The Memer at the Gates of Dawn. It is quite literally Pink Floyd's worst work.

this

How the fuck do you not think Animals is not one of Pink Floyds best albums?!

>generic
you call that generic because Beatles invented that style and everybody used it

It's just objectively not in the top 3.

>No Animals
>No The Wall

Sorry about the brain damage user.

>best prog band of all time
I'm pretty sure they aren't but I'm actually not sure who would be.

Top 5, maybe top 3, but they didn't really make any prog after Moving Pictures. 2112 is overrated and the rest of their proggy albums are underrated except MP.

>Implying Roger's Floyd and Sold-Out Floyd are not the same.

The Wall's honestly not that good in comparison to their best albums. Simply not as consistently good material there. Can't really fault them though (or Waters, actually, as it was mostly his project) - hard to do a double album with zero filler.

Top 3 floyd
>meddle
>piper
>atom heart mother
top 3 Beatles
>Revolver
>Mmt
>Rubber soul

>Hard to do a double album with no filler
Is there any examples that manage it? I know Farewell to Kings / Hemispheres could be considered a double album because of the Cygnus gimmick but they were still separate releases.

lol no

le epic bait :^)

>Is there any examples that manage it?

Hmm... that's a tough one! While there's some really good double albums out there, I'm feeling that just due to the nature of their length, doubles are almost doomed to include songs that inevitable fall at least a bit short compared the better songs on their albums. With the limited running time of a single LP, bands could usually pick only the best songs to include.
However, off the top of my head, Electric Ladyland and Bitches Brew are quite solid doubles front to back.

And of course, there's the question of what counts as a double album anymore. Does it have to be an album that was originally released before the CD-era? There's quite a few stellar albums that aren't double albums in the strict sense of the term since they fit on a single CD, but where also released as double LP due to their length. Stuff like De-Loused in the Comatorium and Terminal Redux come to my mind, for example.