Y-You guys still remember me right?

Y-You guys still remember me right?
You know, goofball and all of that h-haha

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pbGjSgAnl0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sorry, there's been quite a big gap since I last listened to you.

How has this guy not been accused of sexual assault/harassment yet?

what exactly is his appeal?

listened to maybe two albums a few times. literally nothing worth re-listening for.

As big as the gap in his teeth?

Haha....yeah man, Salad Days is still great. Um, have you tried making good tracks recently? Your recent stuff has just been a bit bland.

I'm lying through my teeth. In all honestly, Viceroy and maybe 2 other tracks are what I got from him. They were good tracks, but I know that's all we're ever going to get from Mac Demarco. He just sucks now.

this reminds when mac grabbed my dick in a diner in washington after a show.

i laughed and he asked what was so funny. "you can hang out man, i'll even pay for your food," he said. "but you have to play." his hand tightened around my nuts and it began to hurt.

his entourage, which was mostly his live band stopped laughing at this point and started looking around awkwardly. the bassist kind of reached out and touched his shoulder as if to get his attention. "hey mac, go easy."

then he started laughing and lit a cigarette and played it off, and we went back to having a good time. we got pretty drunk afterwards but my nuts hurt the entire time because his grip was pretty aggressive but i guess he was a fun guy to chill with.

we shared a joint afterwards next to the van and he apologized for it. i told him not to worry and then he tried to make out with me. when i pushed him off he called me a "fuckin queer" and then he had to facetime with his girlfriend so i rode the bus back home.

damn that's crazy. I remember seeing him in Whole Foods in West Hollywood a while back and he was pretty wild.

he has, kinda. Nobody cared

His appeal is his "goofball" and "chill" persona. Basically he appeals to children who haven't found their own personalities yet so they latch onto his and try to make it their own. It's why you see every high school and college kid dressed like pic related, smoking cigs all day.

>It's why you see every high school and college kid dressed like pic related, smoking cigs all day.
I am not underage so I don't know what high school kids think is cool. I would imagine they like Odd Future

He doesn't smoke weed you dumbass, nice bait tho

The Odd Future style is actually wicked similar but no, Odd Future was way cooler 5 years ago. The style and brand is still pretty popular, but when we're talking about suburban white teens most are gonna latch on to Mac.

*rapes your girlfriend and samples her moans*
chill out dude it's fun

>he has, kinda. Nobody cared
Can you elaborate on that?

>feeling the need to come to his defense when it's obviously bait
Nice lol

Basically at some small party he threw he had his friend jack off on a couch with a bunch of minors and he filmed it.

It literally used to be part of his show for him to pull out his dick in front of a bunch of 16 year olds "dude my penis haha goofy man!!!"

It wasn't a party he threw, it was actually a high school party that a groupie was throwing that he got invited to and actually showed up. They guy is a fucking creep on every level

wow that's actually ten times worse

how do you stutter laughing?

wtf I hate Mac now

>He doesn't smoke weed
I guess that's the reason his music is so dull and redundant.

Saw him last night in Dublin, show was a tad dull, but his singing was good. The keyboard player needs to step his game up though.

Also unsurprisingly the most obnoxious, shitty crowd I've ever been a part of, I left three songs in to go to the seating area. Feel like an idiot for going desu, shoulda flipped em and ripped off some tween soyboy.

RIP Mac

He's the Lil Peep of nu-dadrock

Mac is good for the occasional listen. Like now for example i'm listening to his new KEXP session. Can't stand him for long though it gets very repetitive

kek, kinda accurate.

This isn just a thing you see at Mac DeMarco shows.

Go to a Death In June show and count the people wearing military shit/trying to look spooky or go to a Sunn O))) show and count all the guys you see with the bald head + all black clothes + glasses look. The only difference is that "normcore" fashion is more mainstream but that doesn't mean Mac isn't the only artist whose fans wearing a uniform.

The difference is that those people wear those clothes at their concerts. These people dress like this every single day. And they try to emulate his personality too.

DUDE

So the guy I saw at Current 93 that had 40 piercings in his face took them all off when he got home then and only gets them out for special occasions.

He's an essential shuffle artist. Always nice when he pops up but not more

No, but that's one weirdo vs a whole army of lookalikes

I doubt Current 93 influenced him to get 40 face piercings though

You almost had me til the "go easy" lol

hey whats all the hate on mac for jesus

macs are overpriced computers

That's rock'n'roll you fucking faggot babies.

Rock is dead nigger

Maybe is kids weren't a bunch of soft babies that are scared of penises it wouldn't be.

people taking this bait lol

Saw him la few years ago at Webster Hall. 100% the worst crowd I have been in. I felt old there and I was 18

I think we all know who the real talent in the band was.

youtube.com/watch?v=pbGjSgAnl0s

Listen for Moby tonight.

it's cool to like mac again now because everyone hates him

soon he'll be irrelevant in the public sphere and will start making depressing records

also one thing that still bothers me about him. why does he perform with this ironic facade? Has he ever performed with complete sincerity?
This old dog has a lot of sincere tone to it but when he plays the songs live they're fucking retarded because of his humorous ironic shtick. i don't know if it's a mask for performance anxiety or something but it's run it;s course

For like a few months I was pretty into his stuff but once I started listening to more lo-fi stuff i realized there were people way better then him like King Krule. His class clown schtick has gotten pretty fuckin old.

My mom loves his music... need I say more?

>why does he perform with this ironic facade? Has he ever performed with complete sincerity?
he probably doesn't see the point in being serious when his music isn't more than a shitty joke

>enjoyed mac demarco
>Sup Forums starts hating him
>have to wipe his discography from my hard drive and sell my viceroy cap now
why cant you guys just let me enjoy ONE thing

lmao
made me laugh/10

Don't worry user
I don't care what musicians you like

It wasn't a high school party, it just so happens a bunch of high school kids showed up. Not Mac's fault.

I used to do shit like this when the guitar player had to tune between songs. This looks easy but is hard as fuck. Basically if you are not famous, people will leave the room.

from my experience, thats what happens

I would say it's just as clique-y and just as much a sign you don't believe people can like you unless you make yourself part of some scene. They might not be copying their style from a particular artist they're listening to, but they're still following a set of unspoken rules about how a fan of industrial/neofolk/etc music "should" look and then judging those who do not have that correct look.

Are you telling the truth?