Will there ever be a TV show as well written as VTMB?

Will there ever be a TV show as well written as VTMB?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gqQ3Gp_AHdA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

VTMB goes almost hand in hand with shows like Firefly, Buffy/Angel, Dollhouse, Veronica Mars, Dead Like Me, Wonderfalls and other whedoncore. Same kind of high brow snark and a healthy doze of absurdity.

I liked VtM:B, but I hate all the shows you mentioned.

Can't really tell why, they're very similar. Most of the mentioned shows are also cancelled and come to an awkward, rushed close just like VTMB, so there's that.

>come to an awkward, rushed close just like VTMB, so there's that.
The closing of VTMB is great though. There was plenty of foreshadowing throughout the game, and emphasises that it really is a WORLD of darkness, the player was being used by everyone throughout the game, and that never changed.

The missions becoming combat heavy is where the game was rushed, the way the story ends is fine.

Well, that's kind of what I mean.

>The closing of VTMB is great though.

I presume you mean the sarcophagus specifically, and not the 3 wave combat zones followed by shitty bulletsponge bosses.

I should probably read full posts before replying.

But yeah OP, i think eventually someone will pull off a not-shit vampire TV series. Hopefully atleast.

accurate

>foreshadowing
I liked the broadcasts and call in shows, also that guy with a sign that says the end is near. like its delivered in a way that despite you being a vampire they should be dismissed like mad man.
would VTMB show have Heather? yes I do think there are some shows as well written as VTMB, its not really the height of complex writing

it forgot that you spend more time watching loading screens than actually playing

Im not sure if they added it in the patched version but there are books on hacking,shooting,etc that you can buy in the game to boost those states. it also needs foreknowledge of that since entry level book won't give you a boost when you need an advanced volume

Remaster when!?

Seems like an obvious thing to do, with a proper update and restructuring this game could really find a whole new following.

it can't be remastered, you would have to do a new game with the same story and aesthetic

I like VtM:B but it's not that well written. It's not the pinnacle of writing in video games or television, it's good because of the atmosphere.

WHEN YOU ARE TAUGGGHHH, THROUGH FEEELINGS!

It's got that cool 90's/2000's goth thing going for it. And it's just hella comfy over all.
Somebody write a letter to Bethesda.

>I liked the broadcasts and call in shows, also that guy with a sign that says the end is near. like its delivered in a way that despite you being a vampire they should be dismissed like mad man.
There's also stuff like this - meaningless at the time but it all makes sense when you've actually played through it.
youtube.com/watch?v=gqQ3Gp_AHdA

>would VTMB show have Heather?
Like if someone made the game into a show? I don't see why not, she could be a friend of the MC's and with a few more scenes it would make her fate much more impactful on an audience, and the MC.

I don't think it needs a remaster. The graphics aren't that bad and the voice acting and character expressions are still some of the best around. You'd need a remake to fix the combat.

>It's not the pinnacle of writing in video games or television
Television I can understand, but what video game do you think has better writing?

>Somebody write a letter to Bethesda.
At least choose Obsidian, they make shit games too but at least they have meaningful dialogue

>what video game do you think has better writing?
Planescape: Torment

>but what video game do you think has better writing?
Plenty. I'm not saying it's poorly written, just that it's an exaggeration to say nothing can compare.

Well VTMB and Planescape are seen as the two pinnacles of video game writing.

>Plenty
Examples user. I am genuinely interested, I'm not saying you're wrong.

>gimped

Someone didn't play a Toreador it seems. You can just focus entirely on dialogue/lockpicking/similar skills and then fucking bullet time through the combat sections without breaking a sweat.

Fucking how can someone complain about difficulty in a game like this. It's a first person shooter. Cheese the AI. Glitch it the fuck up if you have to. It's easy. It's video games.

>I don't think it needs a remaster. The graphics aren't that bad and the voice acting and character expressions are still some of the best around. You'd need a remake to fix the combat.

If I were to remake this game, it would be as a sort of GTA clone. this setting is begging for an open world with a living city so the player character can really feel immersed into the perspective of a supernatural parasite that preys on the masses of unaware humans. a pure RPG, even an open world RPG, simply wouldnt have enough random mpc's to make being a vampire really feel like being a vampire. skyrim for example just didn't have enough miscellaneous townsfolk for vampirism to really work comfortably or convincingly

Bioshock: Infinite ;^)

New Vegas, Grim Fandango, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Max Payne 2, System Shock 2 (except the ending), Shadowrun: Dragonfall, The Witcher, Silent Hill 2, Alpha Protocol (maybe?), The Darkness.

You'll probably find a few disagreeable, and I might be wrong about them.

Planescape is needlessly convoluted and writing wise even mass effect can top VTMB

The guys who previously made the game and now work at Troika again have the rights to make a Vampire: The Masquerade game. If they could ever do it, it would be now. They would need to make a deal with Activision to get a cut, but everything else is in place. I'd rather they just finish the game desu, some of the unused stuff could indicate they wanted to do more with the Sabbat, maybe an East LA hub where the Sabbat runs things.

What do you mean? They would just add bloodbags and hospitals. I think the world feeling cramped is one of the good points. it would have to be more like hitman than gta.

*now work at Obsidian

These are some of the worst unironic opinions I've ever read.

>implying
I just ran though the sewers. Even as a full social traits Ventrue that couldn't lift half his weight I would still easily beat a single of the fuckers when it was needed, then heal, then fight again. 90% of the fights are avoidable if you just run.

Witcher, Shadowrun and No Mouth are based on books, tabletop setting and short story respectively, so those are out.

Only one i really agree with is Grim Fandango.

New Vegas is generic post apoc, Max Payne is generic Cop gone rogue, Silent Hill 2 is Babies first psycho thriller, Alpha Protocol is fairly generic Spy story and The Darkness is just shit. System Shock 2 is alright, but it doesn't really stand out on its writing aside from the Villain. Not him btw.

>Vampire: The Masquerade
Dead franchise, all the OWoD is dead and has been for years, White Wolf wouldn't even care at this point. Still after Tyranny I don't think Obsidian should ever make a game again

>writing wise even mass effect can top VTMB

Top fucking kek please hang yourself immediately you reddit shitstain.

One of them was clearly ironic spergo. The ending of Vtm:B is as corny as the one in System Shock 2.

Exactly how outdated is your info? OWoD has been back since 2010 and White Wolf belongs to Paradox now, and they gave the rights to make a game to Obsidian.

>are based on books, tabletop setting and short story respectively, so those are out.
What do you think Vampire the Masquerade is based on.

I don't think you understand what generic means.

I didn't like the cramped feeling, though it was appropriate for certain dungeons. I would want a fully realized city for the main hub, and I think most players would prefer that too

>Conversation about writing
>Insult the settings and genres
Stop posting.

>White Wolf belongs to Paradox now
>they gave the rights to make a game to Obsidian
This is the worst thing I've ever heard

who here /gangrel/ master race?

adding more illusion of choice with pointless meditation on life does not = good writing. its ok to admit that something was mind blowing when it come out but is kind of meh now

Fair point, didn't consider that. But then again, i'm not the guy claiming VTMB is the best vidya writing ever, i'm just disagreeing with you on those games' writing being par excellence.

Maybe if the writing actually set them apart from other shit that is similar i would actually think it's good writing.

prove me wrong

> LE ANCIENT EBIL AWAKENS!

>I didn't like the cramped feeling
I think it gave a feeling that the world beyond your eyes was disintegrating, like you are on a small island and get to exist for small periods of time(aided by the fact that the sun never rises) I think they would need more maps and story (since ghost mansion would need to be dropped) but it would work better if you can drive around without the taxi.

and? also post normally. VTMB also has "ANCIENT EBIL"

I like the game

But it forces you into a fight very early in that painting gallery

LE ANCIENT EBIL EXPLODES

Again, i'm not the one saying VTMB has 10/10 writing, just disagreeing with you asserting that Mass Effect has particularly good writing. It's entirely bog standard sci-fi fare, closest thing to outstanding writing is the actual dialogue between Shepard and Sovreign Projection on Virmire. And maybe Saren, even then hes pretty generic as far as the "i'm really good but corrupted / convinced by the bad guy hes the only option"

Isn't that quest optional?

It's been like 7 years since I've played it so I don't remember this part. I think my speech skills as a Ventrue going full social where so over the top I convince the vampire bitch to call off the art gallery thing.

Im also not saying Mass Effect has uber good writing, Im saying its around the equal level.
>i'm really good but corrupted / convinced by the bad guy hes the only option
good writing does not necessarily need to be morally complex. it can be seen in something as simple as character interactions for the sake of chit chat

Yeah but its easier to have good writing if the content isn't grade school level shit. Regardless though i was only posting cos i thought you thought ME was some 10/10 masterpiece of writing.

Earlier than that. There's the photographer.

The crack house was as big a pain as the sewers, and that body morphing faggot was difficult both times, but nothing will top that chink slug bitch. If you don't kill her you get a shit end. But you just can't kill her.

kind of a side note but can a game ever have a 10/10 masterpiece of writing when allowance must be made for gameplay and in addition to have interesting gameplay the player must have a choice that makes him feel like he is not in a linear corridor

A vampire TV show with the atmosphere and similar world of VTMB would be awesome as fuck. Why do all vampire shows have to be romance drama shit like Vampire Diaries and True Blood?

Because OWoD is depressing as fuck, except Mage which is the best one and never got a fucking game

budget. also I don't see VTMB taking off as a tv show

My nigga.
Brujah are cool too.

>muh talking through shit
Why is this that Sup Forumsedditors complain about QTEs yet praise getting shit done through talking options, which is the exact same thing, but without time limit?

Because they guys who praise that play TTRPGs as well where QTEs aren't a thing

>he doesn't noclip through the sewers

QTEs is just hitting a button at the right time. talking options feel like real life. unlike QTE you can always pick to bash their skull so I don't get why you are compering the 2

It's got good characters. Just give them more scenes and don't solely follow the protagonist. For example give LaCroix scenes where he's meeting the other members of the Camerilla, or even the Kuei-jin to expand on the political side more.

I always pictured having another story arc going on at the same time, involving mages or something - to introduce more of the world of darkness. Continue on from the end of VTMB with Therese, Strauss and Issac fighting to become prince, with the anarchs using the instability as an opportunity to try and remove the Camerilla.

There's plenty of violence and sex anyway, if you mean it wouldn't get the viewing figures :^)

>noclip
may as well say
>he did not max all attributes and skills

The best talking options are Alpha Protocol, where everything is timed

It's clear the devs didn't put any effort at all into the sewers. Why shouldn't the player be equally apathetic?

LMFAO

>I always pictured having another story arc going on at the same time, involving mages or something - to introduce more of the world of darkness
Then Vampires become pathetic, it's like fighting a dragon in the open in D&D, vampires get fucking smashed by mages, werewolves, even changelings because they can connect to the wyld

Easy af once you have the OP rifles at the end of the game.

>Quick time event
>Without the time limit
>QUICK TIME event
>WITHOUT QUICK TIME
>OR A BUTTON PROMPT
Stop posting.

Why is this thread even here, fare you faggots really that sick of superhero movies?

>there are people who had trouble with the sewers
lmao, fucking how?

it was piss easy and I had a Ventrue in my first run

I had no ammo because the asshole monks before infinitely respawned on me

>It's got good characters. Just give them more scenes and don't solely follow the protagonist. For example give LaCroix scenes where he's meeting the other members of the Camerilla, or even the Kuei-jin to expand on the political side more.
film it like deadwood?
>I always pictured having another story arc going on at the same time
lack of focus has its dangers
>There's plenty of violence and sex anyway, if you mean it wouldn't get the viewing figures :^)
I mean that its hard to keep an atmosphere going when there is a week between the episodes for people to go off and do their thing. it would likely end up like the strain or at best a Netflix show were half the story sucks ass but people stick around for the good parts. it does not seem expansive at first but like westworld it would need shit ton of money and maybe one of those korean 1 take directors for the crack house fight. few abilities would need to be changed or have some visual expression added

the same way you could say they did not put effort into combat balance. also since it glitches a lot and reply is hard why not max all the attributes so you can get most out of the story in less runs

have not played Alpha Protocol. telltale games have timed conversations and it does not really work well

The vampires don't need to deal with them. Obviously hunters are already heavily present in the game, but say werewolves could be introduced earlier in the show through a mage arc, which means they don't come out of nowhere when they appear during the mountain part of VTMB.

Not that this would actually happen user, I just like thinking of stuff like this.

I wouldn't want to introduce too much extraneous stuff from World of Darkness. I know it's all the same setting, but the world starts to feel a little silly with all of these supernatural creatures running around and avoiding notice. Vampires I can kind of see, though I think their population is depicted as too high to believably remain hidden for long, especially with feral idiots like the Gangrel and Brujah being so numerous. But with werewolves, mages, and all kinds of other shit also existing in large numbers and having their own little societies too, you start to wonder just how they all fit into a single world and why they even bother hiding from mortals

There is no super-consistent meta to assess why different supernaturals have different power levels, but the closest answer that can be pieced together is that vampires gained quintessence in vitae through the Curse of Caine and they have probably the smallest amount of it, as it is only a periphery effect of the Curse they only later learned to use as magic, but it regenerates easiest because it comes from God. All other supernaturals have it in much larger amounts because they were intended to use it for magic but it is not as constant because they have to seek it out rather than it being granted to them. If the Curse wasn't going 24/7 the stasis magic of a vampire would crash and turn it to dust.

If the problem is reading speed, they only give you blurbs or emotions to respond with.

> but say werewolves could be introduced earlier in the show through a mage arc
Werewolves hate mages, werewolves hate everything in WoD. Being a vampire is enough to earn a death sentence from them
No it's the wyld, Vampires have Caine who's not nearly as powerful as Lunar or the shit the mages figured out, hell even the Kue-Jin who are descended from human heros are stronger. The bloodline in V:TMD is so fucking diluted unless you diabolize higher tiers you can't even even make your own childe

>film it like deadwood?
I've never watched Deadwood, but if it's like what I vaguely described then I'm interested

>lack of focus has its dangers
True, obviously it's all about balance. I'd say it would make sense to have the vampire arc be more prominent, then after the MC/LaCroix are killed off, the mage arc would be able to get more focus, since the audience would already be invested in what's to come of the vampire arc anyway.

Even have links between some arcs, a minor one could be the mage protagonist is one of the people the vampire protagonist tries to pick up from The Asylum to give to Vandal - to be used as a blood source.

that too. There is not only very little time to read it all but all your responses are almost 1 word that sets the tone. you could pick "very well then" and your character will start a monologue no indicated by the text or even worse you misread the tone and he will start being antagonistic. its not very well done even if you don't factor in how meaningless those conversations are

>but if it's like what I vaguely described then I'm interested
no its about a circus in the old west

>a minor one could be the mage protagonist is one of the people the vampire protagonist tries to pick up from The Asylum to give to Vandal - to be used as a blood source.
Lore rape, there's literally no way a single vampire is doing shit to a mage, especially if he can just drop sunlight on you

>Werewolves hate mages, werewolves hate everything in WoD. Being a vampire is enough to earn a death sentence from them
Then there could be conflict between the mages and werewolves haha. Hunter's hate the vampires, and it works well for the vampire arc.

I don't know enough about the world of darkness, I'm just doing saying some vague basic stuff. I get what you mean about it maybe all being too much.

Aren't there Weresharks or something haha? That'd probably be a hard one to sell.

The Wyld is just as subservient to God as Caine is; the issue is still where they are in the natural order. All the other supernaturals were given quintessence as part of the God's plan that vampires, including Kuei-Jin, are not part of in the intended order. The quintessence in vampires is only intended to maintain the Curse and only after Lilith taught Caine magic did Disciplines exist. God is merciful, so every generation the Curse fades, thus the quintessence fades as well. Eventually you could literally breed out the Curse.

>QTEs is just hitting a button at the right time. talking options feel like real life
No it's not. Unlike real life conversations (or tabletop RPG btw) where you have to apply your own intelligence to solve conflicts peacefully, in vidya it's just a game of choose-the-right-option, it's fucking boring and pointless

I obviously don't expect it to be VTMB, I thought you meant it has fleshed out scenes that don't just involve the protagonist.

Sorry, I mustn't have made what I meant clear. I meant the vampire wouldn't succeed with the mage, it'd be like getting rejected from the girl at The Asylum in the actual game - they're not interested. They could then just move on to another girl and succeed, if they would succeed at all.

Point being it would create tension for the audience, as to whether they'd get the other protagonist killed. Then again, maybe it would feel like a cop-out if nothing comes of it.

you can literally run through them easily if you really want to avoid combat and not cheat

>The Wyld is just as subservient to God as Caine is
It isn't, it's one of the triat, which are for all intents and purposes God

It's not a thing of intents and purposes, the setting is explicitly Abrahamic, God is an individual. The Triat may exist with God's blessing, but they aren't at his level.

>No it's not
how is it not?
>in vidya it's just a game of choose-the-right-option
nope. that is true in a puzzle but in vidya you there is no right option, all options progress the story and you choice which way you want it to go and how much ass is your character willing to lick

>the setting is explicitly Abrahamic
It really isn't, the setting is explicitly polytheistic where the Wyld, the Wyrm and The Weaver are top tier, Chinese/Japanese gods hang around, and Abraham God fucked off long ago which is why messengers exist,and that's not even getting into the sort of weird shit that goes on in Mage

This is also why Vampires have the biggest power gap in the setting, their curse is directly from God. There are no intermediary entities. The lowest generations are practically in communion with God himself.

It's been stated across the splats that all those entities are subservient to God or different names for God, like the August Personage in Jade.

>It's been stated across the splats that all those entities are subservient to God or different names for God, like the August Personage in Jade.
They refer to it as a theomachy in those splats as well

A theomachy of lesser deities, when God shows up shit gets settled. That's why God is missing and there's a theomachy in the first place.