What went so right?

What went so right?

>What went so right?

thats not Batman v Superman movie poster?

everything

Tilda and Rachel being very, very cute.
Giving Strange a proper character arc that starts the same as Tony's but ends very differently.
Concluding the conflict without punching and shooting lasers and the power of friendship.
Not making Mordo the villain right away so we'll actually give a shit about him when he eventually becomes the main antagonist.

You know what it is.

It was very fun
Just wish we saw more weird dimensions

The post credits scene was very cool too
What the hell happened to Odin?

Did you see Thor 2? Loki was pretending to be him at the end of it.

And here's Odin from Ragnarok.

Who keeps shilling for this shit?

Shh now, no more tears now; no more rage. Yuletide is upon us.

REEEEE I DONT LIKE THIS MUST BE SHILL

WHY ARE PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT THIS MOVIE CURRENTLY IN THEATERS

Good actors, well-judged mixture of serious emotion and humour (despite what some anons have said about quips), amazing effects, a good character story, a cool as fuck cape

Here's why I didn't like Dr. Strange.
It's just the same Iron Man story about some asshole who learns what it means to be a hero.
Just take out the robot suits and replace them with wacky magic spells.
I'm not familiar with the comic book but I feel like the movie didn't take full advantage of the concept. There were glimpses of it, mainly in that one sequence that was specifically designed to appeal to the mouthbreathers who are going to say it "blew their minds" and tell everyone they're going to watch it super high man and shit.
I just get pissed when I think what could have been if this was given to someone like Terry Gilliam or Tarsem Singh.
Instead it's directed by some yes man and written by some hack who probably masturbates while reading Save the Cat.
It's just fucking boring.

Strange learns that "it's not about him". He learns to let go of his own ego and fear of failure to become a hero. He lets go of what he thought he knew to learn new things.
Compare this to Stark who concluded IM1 and 3 with "I'm Iron Man". It's all about him, his tech is what makes him a hero. The two characters are only superficially similar.

I feel like they are so afraid of people getting bored that they purposely refrain from developing the complexity of characters and depth of themes. There is a lot to be explored in question of whether time limit on humans is something of a good design or not but instead of exploring the subject and showing something visually they threw a meme fraze here and there and were done with it.

I really liked the first three minutes of the movie and instances that characters weren't speaking or making jokes. Meds has such a great presence and was pretty good in general but because his motivations weren't explored not one word of his had any weight. Still, audience laughed at every quip and the theater was almost packed so I guess they are doing what they are supposed to do.

Also, and it's more of the eagles teritorry, but why are wizzards so ineffective at killing? They can teleport and bend reality but can't summon spikes or bombs on their enemies? Also red cape should join the Avengers, it looks like it can take out anyone 1 on 1.

It's a guy who quips and becomes a superhero
Thats about it as far as iron man similarities

Their motivations are very different

It was Iron Man copypaste with shittier quips and it had a dedicated shilling army.

I refer you to

DUDE BEYONCE AND OTHER MAINSTREAM MUSIC ARTISTS LMAO

It was safe focus-tested made by a committee to maximize sales. It is a geniune 5/10 and Marvel knows they don't need to do more so long as they spend half a billion on marketing.

ARISTOTLE
I MEAN HOW FUCKING LOW CAN YOU SINK?

I forgot the scene where Tony traps the bad guy in a time loop.

Pretty much the shittiest capeshit in a decade next to Green Lantern.

They paid critics juuuuuuust the right amounts.

>average rating of 7.3/10
You'd think they'd have paid for at least an 8.

Followed the formula to the t

It was an average movie filled with above average scenes.

Off the top of my head
>Ancient one speech right before she dies
>Bargain

Another safe Marvel move that's too afraid of its own audience.

remeber when doctor strange built a magical suit of armor to escape from the bad guys cave

'member when Strange fought the US air force while chatting with his BFF?

I wish the music wasn't so generic. They had these neat harpsicord, mystical overtures, crossed with like Pink Floyd - but so faintly; it was just drowned out by action movie/STAR TREK 2016 theme. The credits had some music that I wish they actually used.

It's the second-most overhyped and underwhelming Marvel movie

The first is Civil War. The "critics" who immediately said this movie was fantastic should be lobotomized.

They aren't allowed to use music that can be interpreted as mildly stimulating. These movies strive to be as inoffensive, easy and safe as possible. Disney's not stupid. They know their scores are bland as shit. But they know the risk/reward simply is not worth it according to their own mathematicians hired to calculate every move they make.

Something that I don't get is how anything from his epiphany montage(which was pretty much a note-for-note lift from "Contact," by the way) was supposed to change his essential views on the Universe being anything other than indifferent. If anything, it showed him that the Universe was not only indifferent, but threatened by outside forces that were at least incomprehensible, if not outright malevolent.

Strange was shown as egotistical and indifferent at the beginning, but we never see anything happening that serves as any sort of turning point toward altruism. If seeing the unseen was all it took, why didn't similar revelations make him a heroic Doctor the first time he looked through a microscope or saw a CAT scan?

>but we never see anything happening that serves as any sort of turning point toward altruism
"It's not about you". That conversation was it.

I liked the movie but I agree with you on this.

The comics do not have this problem. In the comics Dr Strange pre-magic was a total dick. He would treat his clients as walking wallets and turn away dying people who couldn't pay even if he was the only surgeon who could perform the necessary procedure. So later when the ancient one teaches him humility he isn't so much going from normal guy to hero but rather from monster to normal guy.

In the movie it just seems like he's going from egotistical normal guy to maybe not as egotistical normal guy.

On the other hand if they made him into an asshole originally then it would've been too similar to iron man. So I can understand them not going that path.

why didn't he just rewind time on his hands to cure himself?
Why didn't he use magic to operate on himself to cure his hands?

Best cast MCU film since Iron Man

DORMAMMUUUU!!!!!!!

Agreed. Though superficially the same (dude gets into shitty situation and becomes a superhero), I found Stark's and Strange's character arcs to be fundamentally different. Stark gets never humbled. He gets into deep shit and gets confronted with what his and his father's legacy really was and then proceeded top bulldoze his way back up, by sticking to his core character and overcoming his problems with what he does best. His character arc comes from his guilt and his desire to make things better. A guilt ridden man, who wants to make the world safer, culminating in his stance in Civil War. Even at the beginning of the movie, he was a dick, but one who was loved by people.

Strange on the other hand got completely taken apart and had to piece himself together again, after his raison d'etre has been blown to bits. Also, though jovial, he didn't have the charm of Stark or his baseline philanthropic attitude to sway people towards him easily. It was all bout him and he got a bit of a mean streak to him compared to Stark, though he got away with it, because he was so damn good at what he does. His arc isn't about guilt, but about broadening his perspective and learning there's more to life than he thought there was and of course the main line of the movie, that it's not about him. Between the two characters, I though Strange's change was more profound and spoke more to me at least.

I've read quite a few professional reviews of the movie and I'm kinda disappointed how many critics failed to pick up on the difference and said both character arcs were the same, when they weren't. It seemed to me that, this being a superhero flick, they didn't even want to put further thought into what was shown beyond the visual spectacle, or that they were genuinely not suited to analyze movies for a living, if they can't even look that far into it. In both cases, they just seemed to be talking out of their asses.

>Sup Forums routinely discusses children's movies
wtf i hate Sup Forums now

>why didn't he just rewind time on his hands to cure himself?
THIS

>reverses time on the book pages, which were ripped out before his hands were broken

Agree

iron man never fell down on his hands and knees and begged "teach me".

Someone else's loss made him decide to approach life differently, but it's way different from what happened to Mr. Doctor

Turning back the pages started fracturing space time, so there's passible side effects to consider. Also, by the end of the movie he intentionally left his hands as they are, same as the broken wristwatch.

>Turning back the pages started fracturing space time, so there's passible side effects to consider
but turning back time and saving the Hong Kong sanctum, and bringing a lot of people back to life had no effects?

Shorter time period (nothing happened when he did it for the apple) and by the time of the events in Hong Kong, the world was about to end, so it was more of a "we're fucked, may as well try this now" kind of thing.

Mordo disagrees. What was it he said? The bill will come due?

What does the black Ebert, Armond White, say about this movie?

Why would they change his origin from the comics only so retarded fags like you won't compare it to the Ironman origin?
They stayed true to the source material and pulled it off. There is no reason to create a new origin that isn't canon just to please autists .
But let's face it even if he had a different origin you would still find something to complain about.

Does it really matter? He flips a coin to decide whether he likes it or not and then draws a bunch of insane parallels to politics. It's absolute nonsense.

How is it safe safe?
Its a D list character. DC can't even make a watchable movie with its A list characters.

>DC can't even make a watchable movie with its A list characters.
Burton, Nolan, Singer, and Donner would disagree with that statement. Just because Zach "Manchild" Snyder can't get it to work doesn't mean no one can.

If you think this way about those 2 movies then you surely think BvS and SS are scratch out your eyes and run into oncoming traffic quality wise.

Yea I too may have gone into it with overly high expectations given the 90% on rt.
I think it was good for a slightly above average movie. Jokes were pretty forced, acting was subpar, writing was good but some of the dialogue was only held up with the acting which was of course subpar and what the fuck was with Benedicto Cumsnatchers american voice?

It was terrible. Didnt he have any prep for it at all? Regardless still fun movie, the fight scene at the end could have been a little less cgi mess, was getting Transformers 3 and 4 flashbacks.

Fuck this lie, Marvel has a lot of heart and soul, sorry you don't see that. Are you atheist as well, further perpetuating your stereotype?

Translation: I want to see it without paying for it, but I don't watch camrips, so while I wait for something Yify-level, I'll shitpost.

>well-judged mixture of serious emotion and humour

Honest, that's the only part I have a problem with. It's not even a matter of "m-muh quips", it's just pacing. They made a joke not even 30 seconds after The Ancient One died and it just felt awkward. If the pacing had been better, the worst I could really think of is just nitpicks

Yeah, we want more Dark Knight Rises never-ending war drums so we can be challenged.

Hey, I'm a euphoric fedora-tipper and I love this shit.

Why didn't Jimi Hendrix give us all guitars?

Because he broke them all?

Cool! Now just read Matthew and see if it does anything for ya.

Kek @ safe.
Safe is using the most popular heroes in the world and still somehow fuck it up and make a shit movie.
There is nothing safe about making a movie about a D lister.

No. I only read mature, intelligent literature like Atlas Shrugged or The Stranger.

>Kek @ safe

Marvel can make films about whatever D listers they want because people know what to expect from their movies and their expectations will be met, that's why people call it safe.

Having mordo at the end and only at the end was perfect

Ok I guess but pretty forgettable like all of the MCU movies.

>It's another "user thinks pre MOS DC films are part of the DCEU" episode.

>Who keeps shittalking this shit?

Fix'd. DCucks are insecure faggots

You're the nigga who said DC, not DCEU

>blatant shilling allowed on Sup Forums

At least this time we can confirm these guys buy reviews, they overplayed it with this piece of shit