Why is the Arab world so cool?

Stop thinking about all the modern crazy shit for a moment and consider the sheer scale of Arabic and Middle Eastern influence and accomplishment.

Imagine how it would feel to live during the peak of their civilization, with minarets and domes stretching as far as the eye can see, with most every home being the model of comfort and exquisite luxury and where people dressed extravagantly but reverently.

Am I the only one who finds this fascinating? Imagine living during the golden years of Salah ad-Din and his reach over the Middle East while Europe was wallowing in stagnation.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_man
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snell's_law#History
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You realize everything sbout "arabs"
comes from Greeks?

You realize everything about "arabs"
comes from Spaniards?

There are single countries in europe that have accomplished more than the entire arab world ever ^__^

Then why does everything about them look so different from Greeks?

The Arab peak period only lasted for a while. Later on Persian and Turkic influences were greater.

Other way round Manuel

The alpha religion, but of course today is the age of the Jew. the age of Islam ended in the 1750s as the Jews(rothschilds) took over the world.

Unsurprisingly, your history is off. In the day of Saladin, the Mongols sacked Baghdad, Crusaders ruled the Holy Land, Muslims were being repulsed in Spain.

The Islamic Golden age was the 900s-1200s. Saladin lived when Islam saw numerous defeats and had been humiliated. His winning back Palestine was just small recompense for the humiliation they'd suffered under the Mongols and the Crusaders.

Mongols ended up converting to Islam and cuck'd Europe by becoming the Ottomans and spreading Islam far east.

saladin married with his own step mother. really makes you think

>Mongols ended up converting to Islam and cuck'd Europe by becoming the Ottomans
What? So you mean ottomans are mongoloid?

That wasn't the case in Saladin's time.

Baghdad was the largest city in the world. After the Mongols, the Tigris ran red, piles of skulls were around the city, books and libraries burned, and the Caliph was exiled to Cairo.

WE

Because it's the birthplace of civilization. And, not to detract from the Muslims' accomplishments, but don't forget that Egypt and most of the other "Arab" places were at least 50% Christian in Saladin's time.

>their civilisation
you mean several different civilisations all throughout different periods?

what a sickcunt
cucked his own dad

Greeks are the biggest culture and historical thieves in human history.

Their theology is a copy paste of Sumerian religion, their language a copy paste of Phoenician, and their food almost identical to Middle Eastern cuisines.
The Greeks stole WAY more from Arabs than the other way around.
And yes, Arabs during the Golden Age referenced a lot of ""Greek"" works, but of course every civilization borrows from another and greatly improves upon its works. Just like how the renaissance involved the use of Arab, Persian, and other Middle Eastern works.

Turks are better desu. They used to BTFO the Crusaders on a weekly basis.

this has to be a pasta
and a terrible one at that

American subhuman

You are just jealous about Kurdish superiority.

Gee I wonder why you would disagree.

Back to Central Asia with you.

shitskin
shitskin
shitskin

>Their theology is a copy paste of Sumerian religion
That is just not correct.

>their language a copy paste of Phoenician
They aren't even in the same family
If you are talking about the alphabet, yes we copied it, but they didn't teach us how to write or something. It just replaced Linear A because it was superior to it.

>and their food almost identical to Middle Eastern cuisines
Food does not have nationality. You don't know who created it first. Also, the foods we eat today haven't changed much through the centuries. Greek cuisine is simple as fuck.

>The Greeks stole WAY more from Arabs than the other way around.
What the fuck did we "steal" from the Arabs?

>And yes, Arabs during the Golden Age referenced a lot of ""Greek"" works, but of course every civilization borrows from another and greatly improves upon its works. Just like how the renaissance involved the use of Arab, Persian, and other Middle Eastern works.
Tbh, Arabs really didn't really expand on much besides medicine. They mainly copy-pasted. It was in no way rennaissance tier.

It is pretty well understood that Greek mythology is just ancient Mid East mythology except with different names, of course.
But then again, it's religion so who gives a fuck. Even today you still practice Christianity in some form or another, so you are still copying Middle Eastern tradition.

>alphabet
Yes. Of course I'm talking about the alphabet. If you stole that imagine what else you must have stolen.

>DESU, Arabs really didn't really expand on much besides medicine

This is just not true.

shitskin with inferiority complex

go watch alladdin or some shit

Unfortunately it seems that the most aggressively spreading strains of Islam today are highly anti-intellectual and oppressive, such as the Salafism of ISIS which allows no use of musical instruments for example

This.

YOU HAD SO MUCH POTENTIAL, MIDDLE EAST.

then arabs came

Awe im a menaboo too, friend

True. Persians, Greeks and Assyrians >>>> Ayrabs

shitskin

Shut up cumskin

only Greeks survived
iranians are mongrels
assyrians died out
shitskin

>iranians are mongrels
Pretty sure Iranians didn't change that much.

can you stop shitting up threads with meaningless posts if you don't like it? I mean I don't go to German generals and call you out for an uncontrollable government and a weak population. Stop projecting, Hans. Sorry you weren't born with melanin sweetie, it's okay whitey is weak and cucked by every other race be it Jews or Arabs or blacks :)

I like the aesthetic. That's the one good part of the Koran, saying not to have graven images or whatever, so they developed a bunch of shapes n shiet.

pretty sure they did
but you are almost always shitskins behind white flags

The European powers set up what we see today in the middle east during and after ww1. It set the stage for more extreme forms of islam to dominate a lot of society like what we see today in saudi arabia. The Americans then took over what Europe started in the middle east and have no idea what they are getting themselves into. Basically western powers caused the rise of the shitty forms of islam that used to only be small fringe candidates.

muslims are low iq creatures

The Middle East was always Arab.

no it wasnt (always shit)

Also for a subtopic one of my favorite aspects of Muslim history and empires is of Morocco, an Islamic yet independent and autonomous state that has retained its original cultures (amazeigh people) and still adopted traditions from the Muslim world. I was there last month on Ramadan and it was so special; walking down the street and seeing one of the oldest inhabited medival cities is so enchanting.

Pic related: oldest university and mosque in the world, University of Al Quaraouiyine. Founded by a Fatima al-Firhu in 859. and where was Europe at this point? oh yeah, serfs and with no septic system (Europe didn't poo in loo, quite literally).

"Al Quaraouiyine was founded with an associated school, or madrasa,[4][9][10][11] in 859 by Fatima al-Fihri, the daughter of a wealthy merchant named Mohammed Al-Fihri. The Al-Fihri family had migrated from Kairouan (hence the name of the mosque), Tunisia to Fes in the early 9th century, joining a community of other migrants from Kairouan who had settled in a western district of the city. Fatima and her sister Mariam, both of whom were well educated, inherited a large amount of money from their father. Fatima vowed to spend her entire inheritance on the construction of a mosque suitable for her community. At that time, the city of Fes was the capital of the Idrisid Dynasty."

>Arabs really didn't really expand on much besides medicine
beside

>philosophy
>mathematics
>astronomy
>navigation
>warfare
>invented alchemy
>poetry
>cuisine
>economics
>invented sociology
>architecture
>mechanical stuff

>Salafism of ISIS which allows no use of cognitive abilities
fixed

Morocco and Greece are the saddest things on earth right now, I think their fate is even more unfair than say Persia or China

shitskin

Morocco will be a super power by 2050 inshallah

But true. French colonization broke politically what was a long reign of Muslim rule. What do you think? Trying to find some good history books on Morocco now

>philosophy
Name some arab philosophers that come close to the importance of a European one.

>mathematics
such as? Its always claimed Europe adopted maths from Arabs but the fact is Arabs copied that from India

>astronomy
There are structures built in Ireland from 3000 BC that accurately capture the summer and winter solstice. What did arabs do that was so groundbreaking?

>navigation
what about it?

>warfare
what innovations?

>poetry
What? You can't say arabs revolutionised poetry. I'm sure they made good poetry but what did they do that influenced the future of poetry?

>cuisine
Again, not something very tangible. Whos to say arab cuisine is better than chinese or indian or italian? Its all subjective

>economics
Islamic economics has been criticised heavily by many economists.

>invented sociology
Plato was doing social analysis in the 10 century

>mechanical stuff
any examples?

Honestly every diaspora muslim on Sup Forums seems to be really fucking dumb. I can see why the /mena/ posters don't like the diaspora

it is a shithole full of disgusting subhumans
north africans are the worst immigrants in germany and probably all of western europe

let him some time to google a shitskin forum where they collect every piece of shit to impress white people

ad hominem

They were fucked even if France didn't invade. If military colonization didn't break Morocco, economical colonization would've like it's the case now. It was just a matter of time before the industrial powers used their superiority to fuck the rest of the world

Averroes, Avicenna, Al Ghazzali, Ibn Hazm (they're all muslims but not necessarily Arabian), Arrazi, Ibn Khaldun... but hey, I wouldn't expect and uncultured, illiterate bragger to recognize any of these.
>Name some arab philosophers that come close to the importance of a European one
Let's take my favourite European (Greeks/Romans excluded) philosopher, Descartes. Him literally copy pasting Avicenna's works makes the two "close" by your definition, or you need something else ?
>such as? Its always claimed Europe adopted maths from Arabs but the fact is Arabs copied that from India
lol retard, they took the Zero and the numbers from Inda. But Algebra ? Trigonometry (taken from Greeks but developed even further, see Al-Kashi among others) ? Al-Tusi invented the proto-concept/method of the bijection too.
>who is Ibn Al-Haytam
>who is Al-Biruni
lrn2history
lrn2math
>What did arabs do that was so groundbreaking?
Exactly. You have no fucking idea whatsoever.
>Islamic economics has been criticised heavily by many (((economists)))
Cry me a fucking river.

I mean, they do think about things a bit don't they? ISIS still has to be literate enough to interpret Islamic law, and they continue to teach STEM courses in their schools as far as I know (although they've probably axed evolutionary theory from their biology curriculum).

who gives a shit desu, it's long gone

>I'll just copy paste some arabic names I googled. That'll show him!

Theres a reason none of these people are household names. They weren't influential in the grand scheme of things, I'm not saying they didn't do great things for the muslim world, maybe they did, but they weren't influential to Europe. Not really. They didn't even share many of their ideas with non muslims so Europeans had to (re)discover things anyway.

>>What did arabs do that was so groundbreaking?
>Exactly. You have no fucking idea whatsoever.
Ah yes, the sandnigger living in France doesn't have a basic grasp of English. Colour me surprised

>>Islamic economics has been criticised heavily by many (((economists)))
Read some of the criticism if you want. You'll see its not just the lack of being able to raise capital through borrowing thats bad

Just because you know absolutely nothing of the middle eastern culture doesn't mean in doesn't exist
You know there's a world outside your apartment right ?

I never claimed it didn't exist. But Greek culture has a very long reaching legacy. Many of the so called advances don't have this legacy at all. Every simple advance made by arabs is praised by them like a reinventing of the wheel.
Not to mention he just made a list and said they were advances. I could make that list for Ireland and just name one thing for each topic and say thats how we advanced that subject. The fact is we didn't and we don't pretend to, but arabs pretend to

>They weren't influential in the grand scheme of things
This has to be bait. Please tell me they don't teach in Italy that algebra and trigonometry aren't decisive knowledge in respectively today's computing and GPS technology.
Those are just two examples. Your argument that "if I didn't hear about them, then they didn't have any importance" is a blatant fallacy, and here's proof.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_man
>Before the French philosopher Descartes (1596–1650) pointed out the existence of the conscious self as a turning point in epistemology, using the phrase "Cogito ergo sum," the 11th century Persian philosopher Avicenna had referred to the existence of consciousness in the flying man argument. Thus, long before Descartes, Avicenna had established an argument for the existence of knowledge by presence without any need for the existence of the body.[12]
I've read both, it's literally a translation and nothing more.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snell's_law#History
>Although named after Dutch astronomer Willebrord Snellius (1580–1626), the law was first accurately described by the Persian scientist Ibn Sahl at the Baghdad court in 984. In the manuscript On Burning Mirrors and Lenses, Sahl used the law to derive lens shapes that focus light with no geometric aberrations.[5][6]

>Ah yes, the sandnigger living in France doesn't have a basic grasp of English
>making mistakes = not having a BASIC grasp of English
>yet another ad hominem
Alright, that's enough bad faith in one day. I get that you hate Arabs for some unknown reason, to the point you think anyone that may recognize what a few of them contributed to humanity has to be one of them, and it's not my job to make you like them. Just listing a few historical truths, that you obvious ignore, is already more attention than you deserve.

I'm not that guy obviously but why do you attribute the accomplishments of Persian scholars and scientists to Arabs?

>Averroes, Avicenna, Al Ghazzali, Ibn Hazm (they're all muslims but not necessarily Arabian)
I use Arab/muslim interchangeably since the argument, as I understand it, is more about cultural mindset/education rather than race/ethnicity.

also they weren't all Persians; there were Asians, Arabs (Ibn Al-Haytam, Hasan Al-Ramah) and Berbers (Ibn Khaldun, Ibn Hazm)