Is it rude to aks this?

I'm in California and my family and friends keep texting me the same question.

>So who did you vote for?

I tell them it's rude to ask that question because it just leads to arguments.

They follow up with saying

>YOU FUCKING VOTED FOR TRUMP

I tell them it's not their business who I voted for and now my social groups hate me.

>mfw

inb4 everyone asks who I voted for.

Get better friends, faggot

yes, but it would be rude to sperg out, as well

just tell them what youve been telling them, politely. not their business.

direct family members, its a little less sharp of a line. just be cool

You're right, it is personal.
But most people don't have private lives any more and overshare literally everything because of social media.

Do what this guy said.

You voted for Hillary, didn't you?

>>YOU FUCKING VOTED FOR TRUMP

You reply with "You're God damned right I did."

Is it rude to ask the question? No.

Is it rude to respond the way you described? Absolutely.

You need to grow thicker skin. Your family and friends have no right to throw a fit over you doing your civic duty in the way that you see fit. If it ends relationships, so be it; you don't want relationships with those types of people, anyway. Literal bigots.

>Having your beliefs questioned is bad
Wow OP literally triggered.

I'm not sperging out either.
I'm pretty private about my political views.
No stickers
No hats

It's a piece of advice I took from my 8th grade history teacher.

>Never tell people who you voted for because they will throw it back in your face later.

>YOU FUCKING VOTED FOR TRUMP
MAGA you faggots!

That's what Sup Forums is for.

I never bring up politics with family or friends.

fuck that noise, OP wants to keep politics out of his personal relationships and considering how contentious the election is going to be he has every right to.

He should tell them to fuck off and mind their own business.

you tell them who you voted for and then u tell them why. And then get back home to your bucket of dicks... faggot.

Not so long ago friends were ok with their friends having different opinions and political beliefs. They recognised that people come in all shapes and colours, with a variety of opinions, and that no one is perfect. Having a perceived flaw doesn't make you a bad person.

I feel like that has changed.

Individuals are very much inherently tribal.

The advent of the internet allows us to surround ourselves with similar thinkers, however, and block out any dissent from anything that we don't want to hear. Living in these echo chambers on both sides produces extremists who can't comprehend how the other side thinks what they do. Journalism is dead and encourages this, which doesn't help matters. When we meet people who don't adhere to our little bubble, it's unfathomable and completely foreign.

I'm guilty of it, too. It's much easier to spend time amongst similar thinkers than it is to challenge yourselves and accept another group's ideas and points as valid.

>My friends and family now hate me because of who I voted for.
>What should I do.
Cut contact with your parents, family, and friends.

When they come callin, dont pick up the phone for awhile, dont respond.
When they try to force face to face, just treat them indifferent.

When they ask what they did just say this "you keep treating me like shit because of who I did or did not vote for, and if I have to walk on glass around you then I dont wanna be around you"

or
>Fuck off
and walk away.

Fellow Commiefornian... this is what I've been doing. Laughs ensued. Good laughs, not at me, but with me. Small redneck town however.

Tell them who you're voting for. If you're family hates you for it, then they are bigots.

>Small redneck town

Kern County?

It makes me sad to be honest. Coupled with the viciousness people now show to those they perceive as 'bad', I've kind of started to opt-out of social related things. I don't really like where western society seems to be heading. Every year we seem to be alienating sub segments of our population and treating them like literal enemies. I think that social media and the lack of real journalism, as you said, coupled with people having it 'too good' and access to things immediately (thanks internet) has turned our cultures in a bad direction.

are you a beaner?

Like it matters anymore who you vote for in California.

This happened to me so much during the semester. I'm a musician, so it's even worse. I tell them that I don't like to discuss politics or votes with friends and professional connections because it can be contentious. They then proceed to ask something snarkily like, "Well *huff*, you're not a TRUMP supporter or anything, right?"

To which I just shrug and change the subject, or say something like "I dunno, am I?" and make it a joke. Kikebook is full of Bernie circlejerks and it's perfectly acceptable, both my professors and peers. It hurts to live.

Here's what you do:
1.) Tell them who you voted for.
2.) If they get pissy and start spouting bullshit ask for sources.
3.)????
4.) PROFIT!!!!

Sadly true. We got socalixico and NorCal has sf and the bay(gay)area. We are truly Fucked.

kek

good perspective user

If they don't like you because of your political views (especially if you never bring it up yourself), they probably weren't your friends in the first place

>aks

Are you black?