Is it worth seeing this...

Is it worth seeing this? It seemed like another boring coming-of-age movie where normies never get it right on how it feels to be lonely but it's gotten good reviews.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XirO015WG2E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no it's clearly garbage

>it's so hard being a good looking young white woman in America wahhhhh

>where normies never get it right on how it feels to be lonely
I'm afraid that it might be nothing more than just that, spawning yet another trend of normies deluding themselves that they were alone in HS because "ermahgahd, like I had only 4 friends throughout HS, and like only 1 gf, like #introvertasfuck lol".

I had high hopes for "Perks of being a wallflower", with it be reiterated by almost everyone I know that it portrayed teenage loneliness when it was about some teenager who has a group of friends, and two girls who'd seek to sleep with him.

So from the trailers, this might be a good movie, but when it comes to how the loneliness is scripted, it'll probably be a "Perks of being a wallflower" 2.0.

Probably the one ever movie I've seen to hit it home with depicting loneliness was "Dumbo", as retarded as that sounds.

Just like the white winged dove
Sings a song

Why is there never a movie about antisocial kids who smoke PCP and want to hurt other students?

hailee is CUTE

Sounds like she's singing
Oooh ooh ooh (?)

*kraaaaaakkkkk*

She talks like a fucking hood rat though.

adorable

If you want absolute perfect coming-of-age then watch The perks of being a wallflower. It captures loneliness perfectly and what happens when that lonely person is finally able to make friends.

what's her name?
is she Jewish?

back to redit, normalfag

How lazy are you?

This is an absolutely terrible recommendation. Do not listen to this pleb

im via mobile m8
please answer thse questions

kek

not sure, but this has to be bait

>he perks of being a wallflower. It captures loneliness perfectly and what happens when that lonely person is finally able to make friends.
I don't mean to be defensive about this or anything, but I'll have to disagree this with this one. How exactly does 'POAW' comply with being a movie portraying loneliness, when half of is consummed by the story of the lovely time a supposedly "lonely" kid has with his new friends.

If anything, as a "lonely" person I suppose, most of it felt like it was striving to push it in my face that I had few friends with their "haha the lonely kid actually has and can make friends, lmao, also all lonely people are just lonely because they are traumatized or somzthing, like getting raped xD".

But my two cents so...

Great post. Agreed 100%

Aw thanks friend!

Gald you got them dubs.

What does being mobile have to do with anything? Are you incapable of clicking the picture with the fucking title and lead actress name on it?

being on mobile prevents you from looking up the cast of the movie?

Right back at ya

>Dumbo

looks good user, added to my watchlist. will report back in 2 years when I finally get to it

*brrrrrrrrropffff*

>the little butt hairs

How has you never seen Dumbo though?

Were you never a child?

stop that

>Woody Harrelson
must watch

Fuzziness is next to godliness

Taxi Driver does this the best

Wrong, Night on Earth does this the best.

*kkrrrrrreeeeeeeep*

I saw it last night and it was great. Darker than I expected.

Also you get to see Hailee's gorgeous feet.

>Night on earth
>dat fuckin scene of the italian cab driver

If you want to watch a real coming of age movie watch the kings of summer it's literally GOAT

>Three teenage friends
>friends

I'm meant to relate how again?

But I'll be checking it out though.

>Conflict arises between Patrick and Joe when Joe invites his crush Kelly (Erin Moriarty) to come see the house they built. After a while, Kelly takes a liking to Patrick and the two begin a relationship
>wanting me to watch a movie about someone being cucked

Only good thing there was Nick Offerman

It's un- ironically my favourite movie and made me cry

ah yes, the loneliness of a conventionally attractive, clear-skinned and artistic teen who becomes friends with the hottest chick at school and beats his bullies and becomes cool and popular, with a retardedly simplistic explanation for his awkwardness

>with a retardedly simplistic explanation for his awkwardness
Why did this even have to be smudged into the movie?

God forbid a character merely be weird, which to Hollywood screenwriters might be unconceivable. Instead no, let's have him be a rape survivor, leaving behind the message that to be lonely, you're necessarily the product of something as traumatic as rape :/.

Exactly. That's bullshit.
The "it's a movie that actually explains loneliness among young people really well" meme needs to die.

>The "it's a movie that actually explains loneliness among young people really well" meme needs to die.
Thankfully though, I think that tumblr are the sole culprits for spouting this, and it isn't too much embedded otherwise in popular culture as that "go-to" loneliness movie.

But hopefully my parents have the gall to never watch this movie, and not start asking whether I have any ever memories of being raped. I know they'd love a reason for why I'm weird anyways :3

So it's a women ruin everything movie, huh

You are so close-minded and frankly just pathetic. Not all movies are about how detached and lonely you are. I cannot believe you can actually whine this openly without feeling the least bit embarrassed. The movie is not going to be about loneliness, it's going to be about the fact that a lot of high school students, not just you, you precious little bitch, do feel isolated and lonely because that's what growing up is like for a lot of people. Just because you were a giant loser through high school, and based on this post you almost certainly still are one, does not mean that you have a monopoly on feelings of disaffection. Grow the fuck up.

>without feeling the least bit embarrassed
I am though.

>almost certainly still are one
Without a shred of a doubt.

>Grow the fuck up
I'm trying but thank you.

Giving the main character a clear-cut reason (sexual trauma) for his "wallflowery-ness" undercuts any attempt to represent universal emotions. It just becomes a movie about one kid overcoming his issues.

I saw this movie a couple of days ago, unlike everyone else here. It's actually pretty great, and Steinfeld is a great actor. And I fucking hated the perks of being a wallflower. Also, the trailers are fucking shit. Some of the scenes in the trailers are either out of context or completely reshot.

I said nothing about Perks. I was discussing Edge of Seventeen. I didn't think much of Perks when I saw it but that had nothing to do with the inane reasons you're discussing. Analyzing a movie based on your own relationship with the characters, or your positive/negative feelings towards those characters, is the most superficial, worthless, tiny criticism that you can do when you approach art. Stop doing it.

I'm guessing you're one of those people who probably spends his time in Mr Robot threads yelling about the fact that the character gets laid.

If you want to see movies about hopelessly lonely losers like yourself check out Chuck & Buck and The Forest For the Trees. Chuck & Buck in particular would probably resonate with a lot of the people on this board.

>Is it worth seeing this?

NO

MAYBE ON VOD WHEN YOU HAVE LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE TO WATCH

You sound like a bitter angry chucklefuck yourself. Losers here remind you of who you really are and you hate it so you lash out. Faggot

Calm yourself down bro. Do you have any way of preventing yourself from projecting yourself on to the characters of movies or now on to me? It's okay that you're a loser, that's why this place exists. Take solace in that at least, but stop assuming movies should be about you and your life.

For me, it was a little anime called 5 centimeters per second that perfectly encapsulates my childhood. If any of you have ever experienced childhood love and lost, it hits pretty close to home.

if she gets her pussy and b-hole eaten out at some point i'd watch it

if you're a teen girl

Unnecesary angriness aside, I must say you're actually right. I too get pretty pissed at movies that sell themselves as accurate depictions of sadness/loneliness among young people but then I watch them and the characters are all attractive, have no problems getting laid, have an actual group of friends and etc. But then I remember that that's how 95% of lonely people my age actually are, and irredeemable retarded losers like me are the exception, and since Hollywood always goes for the largest demographics possible of course they're not throwing money at films that portray people like me, and probably never will. It's a sad feel tb h.

hhhhnnngggggggggg

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

Youth In Revolt is a decent angsty teen film

youtu.be/XirO015WG2E

Yeah I really feel bad for the attractive high school freshman who ends up bedding one of the most attractive seniors by the end of the movie

Poor guy

>Muh privilege
Fuck off with that hypocrisy, you fucking white male.

That's a comedy but It's still a decent teen film.

77 on metacritic means its a good movie so yes

I'd throw It's Kind Of A Funny Story as a somewhat good teen movie.

That's hot as fuck. Links?

Made to be BLACKED.

ITS FUCKING HORRIBLE
WORST MOVIE OF THE YEAR DONT SEE IT

That gap though

Does she get a boyfriend in this movie and then sleep around on him? I may see it if so.

she gets a bf but its done so fucking mindnumbingly irritating. basically you will hate this stupid bitch faced protagonist all the way through because shes an irrational dumb cunt. after a nice guy tries to get with her she drops him to date Emo Chad and then Emo Chad just wants to fuck and she goes "waaaah" and runs back to the beta asian guy this movie sucks dick

these movies make me sad because I never had a quirky embarassing teen life and I just played video games and never hung out with friends outside of school

hes the only good part of the movie but its not worth the cringe

>socially well adjusted attractive people with friends a gf and active social lives are just as lonely as you yknow

Lmao nice try tumblr

Yeah, same here.

Just watched the movie - it's not about loneliness. And there are different kinds of loneliness not just your version.

Jesus man, the whole movie I was reliving my cringe high school years where I was mildly popular so I don't know whose situation is worse

Their situation is definitely worse.

I know desu, I just wish there were more movies about the kind people like me go through, that's all

OP here. Just saw it, didn't regret it at all, but you could tell they wanted to stray from the hollywood formula but pussied out towards the end. Woody Harrelson character based as fuck. Also Hailee is my new waifu.

>produced by Huayi Brothers
FUCKING CHINKS
GET OUT OF MY AMERICAN HOLLYWOOD

Thanks lad.

All these plebs talking about Hailee instead of the superior Writer/Directorfu who is the next Cameron Crowe, according to Jim Brooks

>le normies

There was never a generation in history that was so up their own asses with special snowflake syndrome that they considered being a normal, functioning human beings an insult. Not like millenials do.

Your mental illnesses and your constructed identities don't make you special or unique or different. So don't use it as an excuse to look down on other people.

If it was up to you, every movie would be a pretentious guiltfest about autistic syrian refugees in the congo.

It was filmed on my street!

I saw it and it was a cute and comfy movie.

*inaudible brrrrrt*