This is like the mars volta if the mars volta knew what it was doing

this is like the mars volta if the mars volta knew what it was doing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9COgWvP3L_4
musicradar.com/news/guitars/jon-anderson-talks-yes-close-to-the-edge-track-by-track-567900
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

posting the best track
youtu.be/9COgWvP3L_4

What makes you think they don't know what they're doing?

because it's nowhere near as tight or focused. i feel like omar uses noise and texture as a crutch sometimes.

nice choice ;) (it is the best)

Is this bait? You can't be serious but I care too much about this album to not take the bait.

i mean tmv knows what theyre doing but like yes is prog but all classical while tmv is prog but more punk rock and chaotic

This sounds like Porcupine Tree but more cheesy

thanks, senpai.

nah, I am serious. i like it more than the final version and all the other tracks

Close to the Edge sounds like Yes when they knew what they were doing

How did the band go on to not make a single album above mediocrity for the past 35 years?

It is weird.

This is a fantastic insight into the making of the album and some of the lyrics. musicradar.com/news/guitars/jon-anderson-talks-yes-close-to-the-edge-track-by-track-567900

Sounds like they just had the perfect chemistry at that time. Also, if Jon's perspective is correct, sounds like Jon had the reigns on a lot of stuff. Maybe that wasn't so much the case for later albums.

>Sounds like they just had the perfect chemistry at that time

That'd be my guess considering that particular line-up made Fragile and that and nothing else

Get out.

>but more cheesy
thats impossible

TMV having that "we're being dragged along by our momentum as much as you" energetic vibe is def part of its appeal though.

Also, currently listening to this, I shouldn't be disappointed because present Yes is in shambles, but the old material sounds so sterile and cold.

>implying Drama isn't an underrated masterpiece

>playing Tales from Topographic Oceans alongside Drama material
what a weird mix - that's like if King Crimson played Lizard alongside Three of a Perfect Pair material

>Drama
>within the past 35 years
wanna try that again

Actually, the Chicago 2017 live show KC released a recording of, has material from both Lizard and Discipline/Beat (on top of having Level Five and new songs) and it pulls it off great

huh

I retract my analogy

It's like The Mars Volta if they sounded like mid paced 60's pop in an odd time signature like most prog bands of the 70's