This man, whose career 3% wouldn't even be top 20 this season...

This man, whose career 3% wouldn't even be top 20 this season, was considered the best long-range shooter of his generation. 90s basketball, ladies and gentlemen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xs5VwW76FVA
youtube.com/watch?v=xHFqBRLNZXU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Seasonal rate statistics will always consolidate favorably against career rate statistics. Compare his top 3 seasons by 3% and see how he stacks up

>consolidate

Compare*

But his average was only 4.7 3PA per game. Today power-forwards attempt more than that because basketball has turned into luckshoot. Midrange jumpshot was actually his bread and butter. People didn't give a shit about %s and usage rate so much back then, you have a good shooter, you give him the ball.

This

Reggie has had more legendary performances than I can count on two hands.

How many has this generation's three point shooters have had anything close to this?
youtube.com/watch?v=Xs5VwW76FVA
Or 8 points in 9 seconds
youtube.com/watch?v=xHFqBRLNZXU

Tell me, I'm waiting. Because until you can out do this, you're not even in consideration for the best shooter ever.

This man carried an entire franchise his entire career and the best teammate he ever had was Mark Jackson, yet made the Finals once and the ECF many times.

You can't >This your own post you dumb muslime.

>Or 8 points in 9 seconds
Also known as 3 fouls in 9 seconds.

>the best teammate he ever had was Mark Jackson
He had a number of quality teammates such as Chuck Person, Detlef Schrempf, Rik Smits, Antonio Davis, Dale Davis. Without his inefficient chucking, the Pacers probably make the finals more than once.

And all this despite the most stacked EC in many many years with Michael Jordan, Patrick Ewing, Shaq,etc. in the way with much better teams.

>yet made the Finals once and the ECF many times

and 0 ring

he should have moved to the Lakers to make a superteam

What a time honored and well known list of teammates.

lel

Ewing played with a bunch of CBA players, and he himself was overrated as fuck.
Shaq played on an expansion team with a bunch of literal nobodies.
Other than those, the East was absolute shit, and the 90s Pacers were the most complete team next to the Bulls in the East.

>I am too young to know these players so they must not be good

>hurr durr muh rings
>making superteams
You're literally the cancer that's caused the modern NBA.

Kys you frog fuck. Or at least stick to twitter.

ewing is overrated as fuck

>Shaq played on an expansion team with a bunch of literal nobodies.

>Penny
>3D
>Horace Grant
>nobodies

>Chuck Person, Detlef Schrempf, Rik Smits, Antonio Davis, Dale Davis

All scrubs with the exception of Schrempf

>penny
overrated as all hell

Rik Smits was a 7'3 C with a shooting touch.
Antonio Davis was 7 feet with exceptional athleticism.
Dale Davis was a slightly less athletic Antonio Davis with more length.
Chuck Person was another inefficient meme chucker like Reggie Miller.

>Reggie Miller isn't an all time great

t.young fag who doesn't know basketball

The Cavs were good with Mark Price, Larry Nance and they had a young Steve Kerr

superteams are the future, deal with it

can't wait to see LeWhine whining to his owner to get Hayward and Lowry this summer

Neither of them would agree to join the Cavs and come off the bench. They need someone like Klay Thompson.

The whole NBA had a young Steve Kerr because he was a shit role player who signed with a new team every season.

Come on! Curry is the best shooter of all time now.

Is Curry basically Reggie Miller in a weak-era of the NBA?

Yes.

This era is the strongest ever. Miller is Oladipo light

but he won ringz!

Those turnaround jumpers are lethal. Don't remember seeing Curry pull that off yet but I don't follow him like that.

This is why Durant went to the Warriors, because autists like you.

Mug ringz erneh.

>Chuck Person, Detlef Schrempf, Rik Smits, Antonio Davis, Dale Davis
>quality teammates
Pfff.... your mother is a whore bruh. Schrempf is the the only viable player you mentioned and AFAIK he was out of his prime at that point. He was arguably only good during his time in Seattle.

>Ewing played with a bunch of CBA players, and he himself was overrated as fuck
New York was a good team during the 90s. They played thugball well. Also KYS.

>Shaq played on an expansion team with a bunch of literal nobodies
Kill yourself.

>This era is the strongest ever.
1/10 made me reply

Overall: A lot of you niggas need to find a noose.

This is always the final straw of 90s delusion, when people tell me Reggie Miller and the pacers were great lol.

op rekt

So everyone Jordan played in the finals was great, everyone that contended with the bulls in the east was great, obviously the bulls were great. We're up to about 10 teams by my count that were great in an era of 6 expansion teams in about an 8 year stretch.

I got news for you, other than the bulls, all those teams were mediocre for title contenders, that's why none of them could sustain any lengthy run competing at the top.

naw I've never seen anyone even try the shit curry regularly pulls off. I think last season his halfcourt shot % was better than most people's 3pt%.

Sadly, imo Klay is better than Steph as an all around player. But of course Steph is the fac... Durant is the face of the Golden State

that's just the next step of superteams: putting all-star tier players on the bench behind other all-star tier players (I mean current all-star, not washed up D Rose tier former all star)

Closest the modern nba has to him is Klay Thompson. He knows the passing lanes and screen and rolls at the back of their heads. Both also know how to be crafty in the lanes and are tireless runners.

Do those 3 seasons happen to coincide with the seasons the NBA shortened the 3pt line?

Reggie Memeller exposed!

>back then, you have a good shooter, you give him the ball
what about those mere 4.7 3PA per game? wouldn't it follow that he wasn't such a good shooter if he didn't chuck it up that much?

No pun intended steph curry, but what would you consider to be his kodac moment?