She throws the spear into the water in hopes of getting rid of the object that can cause Superman harm...

She throws the spear into the water in hopes of getting rid of the object that can cause Superman harm. She then goes to get the spear because of the arrival of Doomsday, she knows that she'll need it. It is mainly bad timing that she has to go and retrieve the spear right after throwing it in.

Why is that so hard to understand?

I don't like it so that means it's a plot hole.

Do people actually complain about this? Are the Marvel fanatics this desperate for nitpicking?

why did batman make some stupid spear like a caveman? why not a kryptonite gun? why not make his iron man armor out of kryptonite?

what is he a beta?

He was calling forth the primal hunter spirit within himself. Notice that he told a story just before this about the Wayne family originally being hunters

Guns can jam and break. He already weakened superman, so he just needed something simple to finish the job.

He is a nazi worshiper and tried to emulate Hitler with the Longinus spear.

Also its a reference to Excalibur

Moby Dick reference, Batman is Ahab blinded by his rage and Supes is his white whale

This movie is all about Mythology

Because he did make a kryptonite gun, he used it twice in the movie

Also, so superman's death could also be an allusion to the ending of Excalibur, the movie that Bruce + his parents went to see at the beginning of BvS.

>she knows that she'll need it
How?
The problem isn't that she threw it away and had to go get it, the problem is that she knew to go get it, how would she know it could hurt Doomsday?

They went to see Zorro, the coming attraction was Excalibur

no, he made a gas grenade. why didn't he make bullets? surely the combo of gassing supes and shooting him will kill him instantly

Why wouldn't she?

No, it was pretty transparently an allusion to the spear that pierced Christ. Anything else is reading too much into it.

Whoa holy SHIT have you seen excalabran (1981)? I mean wowee zowee the relationship between supaidaman and battroman mirrors konigur Arthur and lancelot ohmygod

Well this looks like a whale to me

it's an annoying and inelegant plot device.

Because she didn't have any knowledge of what Doomsday was, she wasn't watching the movie with us.

firstly, he did make a gun type of weapon. But even better, he made it so that superman would breathe the kryptonite in

and secondly, a bullet can only be used once. if you miss, its done. melee weapon has continuous use.

Why didn't Wonder Woman use the spear? Out of the three, she'd actually be the only one trained to use a pole arm.

she still has a brain and can figure it out from what she saw.

w/e same thing

O shit yo what if the batman marks his victims just like zorro *bathes without soap* now that's what I call a poetry

Just a bit of a fan theory here but I suspect the lex luthor was ordering hits on prisoners with the bat brand to make super man hate batman holy shit bravo snyders

She had to hold Doomsday down with her whip. Did you not see the film?

It's just a hole. Do you have evidence to support that theory?

And what exactly did she saw that would clue her in that Doomsday had the same weakness as Superman?

no one cares about you
die shill die

superman is already away, throwing the spear does nothing but cost her the weapon. who knows who will find it, the next movie lex may impaile him on it because he actually went to dig it up. right thing would be to contain it and look for a way to destroy it, not to dump it into the water
Why did not wonder woman throw it?

Lance of longinus

watch the movie.

?

Nothing then?
Good to know.

>Just a bit of a fan theory here but I suspect the lex luthor was ordering hits on prisoners
was not that part of the extended cut?

Are MCUcks simply incapable of understanding a story? No wonder all Marvel makes is rehashed Iron Man. Its audience seems too stupid for anything else.

>Sup Forums children are STILL assblasted by this movie
fucking pathetic

Already confirmed that it's supposed to be Ontario, birthplace of Superman's creators.

I love it when you lorefags are wrong.

Its the same marvelcucks doing a round of shitposting. Marlel threads die after two replies because they're so flat and straight-forward.

Because pottery.

No see it's an Excalibur reference she's the lady of the lake get it haha

How to make a movie:

1. Watch movie
2. Plagiarize movie
3. Include poster of this movie in your own movie so you can claim its "an homage"

Now that's what I call a bravo snyder senpai

if she is the lady of the lake why does she need Aquaman to save her?

It was just kind of goofy how she dramatically throws away the spear and then has to get it back

how did she know that doomsday was a kryptonian monster?

because it came from the kryptonian ship and was invincible like superman

right? terrible script

I think Goyer deserves more hate than Snyder
Goyer is also the person who wrote the dialogue for the CIA scene

why is it goofy?

it was symbolic,just like in the dark knight returns, he wanted to prove something, here, it was that he( superman), was not all powerful, and can be killed
no, here they saw excalibur, i even think there was an interview with snyder, where he talked about it
while true, she did know that something super major was going on in the kryptonian ship, and then a mysterios mega creature appears, and unlike the original, this lois isnt a complete moron, and can actually think

its an absurd leap of logic
the entire scene was contrived in order to (i) give her something to do and (ii) make a shallow Arthurian reference

BvS suffered from its abysmal script

not an argument

Who thought Aquaman would retrieve the spear for her or at least scare the shit out of her? It's honestly a metaphor for how effective A-man would have been in the first fight.

why didn't batman just shoot superman with a regular gun after he inhaled the gas kryptonite?

Yes it is

How is that an absurd leap of logic? What else would it be besides a Kryptonian? It was literally flying and blasting heat vision.

>its an absurd leap of logic to think the invincible monster from the kryptonian ship will be harmed by the only thing that can harm kryptonians
You're a fucking idiot.

its was a goofy cgi troll monster that looked nothing like Superman, Zod, or any of the other Kryptonias

To make that conclusion based on the information she had is absurd. The majority of audience-goers agree.

Did they know that it was Zod?

>marlels in charge of criticizing scripts
lel

You're really grasping at straws

how the hell did she even know what kryptonite was? for all she knew, batman was just using some fucking spear.

not an argument

No it isn't, it's clearly of Kryptonian origin, given that at this point the only extra terrestrial or super powered beings encountered thus far have been from Krypton, and given that it was in Metropolis and came out of the wreckage of the Kryptonian ship.

Why are MCUcks so asshurt towards BvS? Must suck knowing Marvel is too busy sucking SJW cock to make good movies.

holy fuck, I literally can't wrap my head around how stupid you people are.

please tell me this is b8.

Well regardless if she knew the specifics or not, she knew that it was of alien origin given it's appearance and effect on Superman.

If that was the point that the movie was trying to make, it failed to impart it to a VAST majority of the audience.

Art has literally one job, to impart its meaning to an audience.
If BvS failed to impart that meaning, then it failed as a movie. If you were able to enjoy it, then more power to you. But its an INCREDIBLY petty artist you blames the audience for the failures of his art.

What about the entire spectrum of esoteric art?

>It's the movie's fault the audience is this fucking stupid

The movie isn't hard to grasp at all, especially this part.

>chocolate is poison to dogs
>dogs and humans are both from earth
>therefore chocolate is poison to humans

Such flawless logic. I can't believe I ever questioned it.

There is literally no point in talking to BvSfags. They are beyond retarded

It's not the movie's fault your brain can only process Iron Man rehashes, MCUck.

This is why every Marvel capeshit is made for retards. Because these retards actually exist.

That's a horrible equivalence you moron.

Also I guess Lois should've done nothing while they fought this invincible alien. Just ignore the only possibility they have to kill it, right?

Wow do MCUcks have some sort of internal competition to act as retarded as possible?

Kryptonite and Kryptonians are both very distinct, alien concepts compared to dogs and chocolate. It's clear the alien spear and the alien monster would be connected.

And chocolate is distinct to Earth. Therefore, it must be poison to humans.

There is nothing we can do against this invincible Earth man. Better try to feed him chocolate!

how can you even be this stupid?

>I just got BTFO, better start acting like a stubborn retard now
fucking lmao, i'm in awe.

In BvS threads, it always feels like a lecture of basic plot explanation to Marvel babbies. It's like a Q&A for MCUcks. No wonder Marvel never attemps anything but the same rehashed script over and over again.

>Art has literally one job, to impart its meaning to an audience.

You're an idiot.

See? They don't even attempt to deal with the substance of the argument. It's just sad insults and self-affirmation.

They can't even grasp a simple abstract example.

Is chocolate a glowing, radioactive mineral in derpworld?

This is what watching CinemaSins does to people.

I know you're just shitposting now but I really hope that you were before too, for your sake.

Marvel fans are even dumber than I thought

This is a usual BvS thread. US hours seem heavier on the Marvel burgers though.

>Art has literally one job, to impart its meaning to an audience.

Sure. It imparted its meaning to its intended audience. The fact that its intended audience didn't necessarily overlap with the commercial mass-media audience is neither here nor there. I understood the movie.

There's also the fact she was never within a mile of it before thinking "OMG I NEED SPEAR"

Formal logic fag, here. What he says makes sense

Premise: Superman is weak to kryptonite
Premise: Superman and Doomsday are both from Krypton
Conclusion: Doomsday is weak to kryptonite

The necessary assumption here is that everything from Krypton is weak to kryptonite, and the movie never provides sufficient evidence to make this assumption.

I don't get it, why did he post this image?

Yes. Colonial American hunters. They would have used guns.

>The necessary assumption here is that everything from Krypton is weak to kryptonite
wrong.

Your logic leaves aside quite a few contributing factors, most notably that the battle was coming her way. Her assuming there might be a reason for that is being logically precautionary on her part.

i really hope none of you are actually this stupid

Do Marlels pretend they're retarded or are they actually inbred enough not to understand a capeshit movie? Sad!

The whole fucking thing was retarded.

>oh noes, this spear is dangerous... better go throw it in the water, because water will cancel out its affects
>oh noes, now we need the spear, and I know because reasons... better go get it myself instead of telling that bat guy with the tech where it is

Lois Lane was so forced in that movie.

She goes for the spear before doomsday crashes on stryker island.

She only sees some red explosions miles away and immediately goes for the spear.

Oh by all means, don't tell me why I'm wrong

Just assert that you're correct and don't present an argument
Then nobody can ever prove you wrong.

Fucking doofus