MFW they got 5 Mil for reboot of MST3k

I've got very low expectations. I can't even bring myself to watch old episodes, the ones I like I've already seen too many times.

This whole thing is a mess.

youtu.be/5ZmAN7CMgh8

I can't even bring myself to sympathise with Joel because it seems clear this was a cash grab he initiated on his own without speaking to any of the other former cast, every announcement about the new cast just filled me with even more dread.

Have you tried watching the ones you didn't think you liked (from the Mike era)?

are there really people that had any hope for this, when reboot cash grab is the fucking norm?

Yeah I have, there were a few in season 8 through 10 I liked.

Red letter media took over my shitty movie experience and I can stomach the cringe enough to enjoy BOTW.

Until they started reacting on Twitter, it wasn't clear whether the original cast were just keeping quiet about it rather than not being involved.

If they settled all their differences and got everyone together, it could have been great. What's been announced cannot.

I could handle two completely new bots with different personalities and a mad who had no lineage.

Everything having to live or die based on novelty once more, clean start.

Instead, amateur hour necrophilia.

>"MST3K is coming back!"
Oh cool, can't wait to see i-
>Cast and crew is full of SJWs
>Felicia Day
>Patton Oswalt
There's no way this WON'T be a complete disaster.

Cuck face is genetic. This election confirmed it and justifies eugenics

mst3k worked so much better in the pre-internet era, now everyone (in the potential viewerbase for the show at least) knows about all the worst movies

like theyre seriously going to do the room as if it hasnt been done to death by every wacky internet movie critic or seen by literally hundreds of thousands of people during tommy's screenings around the world

I wil give it an honest try. That is the best I can do.

Have they announced an ep list yet?

>that bottom right tweet

The phrasing can go either way. It's almost a diss to poc.

And not a single penny of it came out of my wallet so i dont give a fuck.

It'll bomb and a year from now they'll pretend it never happened

Felicia Day is seriously the biggest talent in this operation lmao

Oh my god you autists, theyve already been doing this for years its called Rifftrax and its just as good as MST3K was. All this is going to be is rifftraxx with the robot puppets again.

No shit. Everyone in this thread knows Mike Kevin and Bill. We're bitching because of who Joel hired. Are you 12?

felicia day, pat oswalt, kevin smith, and people of that ilk are literally whats KILLING the industry...

>Felicia Day
>talent

Look again at who else is in the show

>.gif
WHY

>jonah ray
>mst3k
is this the most reddit thing in existance?

I'm not trying to go full Sup Forums or anything, but why do all these internet liberals talk and think exactly the same way? It's like they don't have a mind of their own or something

>Rodriguez
>"I'm a white male"

I'm left leaning and I know exactly what you mean.

the left is completely establishment, corrupt and marxist. the right has the neo cons who are just as bad, but overall the rights core values are still intact leftover from the previous generations, hence why so many voters who are right are hard working 9 to 4 types of people

I was never liberal so I feel like I can objectively say I miss liberals from 10 years ago.

The guys that protested wars and union disputes and logging and shit. I disagreed, I understood. Now it's "CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE AND KNOW MY PRONOUNS OR ELSE"

I kinda suspect the warmongers, loggers and union busters are the ones that instigated it lol

>>Rodriguez
Rodrigues? Could be Portuguese.

Wait I figured it was just Joel cash grabbing while Mike & all weren't interested cuz they were doing Rifftrax

But did Joel actually freeze them out of it or some shit?

the thing is the people who considered themselves "liberal" weren't like this at all until the 2010s. What happened?

people just started paying attention to the extremists more
they were always there

There has to be some exchange somewhere. Especially since 5 people somewhere gave this kickstarter 25,000 dollars. Mike and his crew gotta be a little thirsty for that.

Or, you know, by Rifftrax.

Jonah Ray IS funny though. His "I'm an asshole" shtick is great and works beautifully on the Nerdist podcast and his Jonah Raydio podcast, and Hidden America is hilarious. But MST3K is probably the wrong venue for him.

You don't have to watch, you know.

>Yeah it should be bad because I don't agree with the politics of the new cast. It was much better when Mike was on the satellite, he's super right wing and red pilled.

Tumblr and Twitter are amplifiers to the left leaning crazy people

No, but be prepared for it to just be the well known shitty movies out there like Talking Cat, The Room, etc... instead of bad low-budget old movies no one remembers, but are hilarious to laugh at.

Basically this. They're also going to do Wicker Man (2006) for sure and that was a long-dead beat horse 9 years ago.

I'm left leaning also and I know exactly what you mean