Post fantasy adventure films

Post fantasy adventure films

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=etkNz4jEr_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is this godly film so under appreciated.

I don't think it was marketed correctly.

I never saw any marketing for it and the only people I know, that know about the existence of this film are the ones that originally showed it to me.

It's a high fantasy action, adventure love-story. It should at least be a cult classic.

Didn't even know this movie existed until a few years ago when I checked Matthew Vaughn's backlog. A pretty comfy fantasy film.

bump

This was pretty good, to be honest though I thought it was going to be a girly film. I caught it playing on TV and realized it was a pretty well rounded.

This is one of my favorite movies. I dont know if its good or not but i loved it.

Septimus a best.

It's not so great. De Niro literally played a homosexual transvestite.

>Robert Deniro was acting in it, it was horrible!

You are the real homo

Lion the Witch & the Wardrobe
The Golden Compass
Wizard of Oz
Conan the Barbarian
LOTR
The Hobbit
Mazerunner
Van Helsing

>girly
exactly what I meant
it was marketed as a chick flick but it was a fun adventure movie
it's part of the "what the fuck is my marketing team doing" catalogue that includes such movies as Dredd 3D

Precisely, De Niro's acting has been awful for 25 years now.

I watched it randomly on netflix, didn't know it existed before. Reminds me of Adv of Baron Munchausen + Moulin Rogue without singing. Has some consistency issues, but its a good date night movie for 30 somethings given the cast full people with waning careers.

This is why it was so good amd why it got no appreciation from maintstream audiences. Most people can't handle high fantasy and can only do basic af meme fantasy like HP and capeshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=etkNz4jEr_o

Anyone else think this shit was underrated?

I watch this whenever I just want to feel good

Fun adventuring
Good comedic relief
Endearing love story (very predictable but eh)
Engaging story/action/suspense
Godly soundtrack

Just a supremely comfy easy watch

This tbqh, and I'm a big De Niro fan.

Kitsch-Kino

If Wizard of Oz is ok, then I'll throw in Return to Oz. Labyrinth and Mirror Mask fall into the same category. There's also The Golden Voyage of Sinbad, for some good old adventure with Ray Harryhausen trick effects.

Didn't think someone else besides me remembers that movie. Kinda with someone today had the guts to make a fantasy adventure without any humans in it.

Return to Oz is great, and far better than The Wizard of Oz. It's darker, Dorothy is more likable and it doesn't have any of that over enthusiastic singing and dancing.

Is that my nigga Owen Sleater?

>Zu Warriors from the Magic Mountain
>Holy Flame of the Martial World
If you don't mind chink shit, these two are must watch. They're both ridiculous and over the top fun without being straight up parodies. I could rewatch endlessly.

I think this is where i got my gender bender fetish
>go to movie when im 10
>scene in the second act has a random peasant gets turned into a really hot woman
>this scene is literally the only part of the movie i can think about whenever im reminded this exists
t-thanks

problem was, anyone whoreadcomics aboutCarter was either dead or unable to go to cinema .
They cant reboot 50 years old comics without inform people in some way.
Carter was, to my knowledge sort of succesful poors men Flash Gordon.

I never finished watching it.

Went to see it for my friends birthday but my mom pulled me out midway because muh violin lessons mattered above having fun with friends.

I just remember the sons kept dying and Pfeiffer's boob magic kept running out

It was too tame from what I heard compared to source material. Princess of Mars is where the space bikini originated from wasn't it?

It's actually incredible how bad the trailers for Fellowship of the Ring are.

I thought it was a book series.

>Has some consistency issues
Like?