Black Friday Record Store Day

Anyone go?

yeah

RSD is lame, last one I went to was 2013

What’d you get?

Yeah it was shit and overpriced as per

bump

I only shop exclusively on discogs these days, records stores have a 2% chance of having something I actually want

yeah but rare rsd releases usually go well above store price on discogs due to scarcity

Nothing good on the list this year

Well that’s, like, your opinion, man.
I picked up the Three 6 Mafia, Prodigy, and Madvillain reissues.

Copped both Sufjans and the A Promise reissue

anything happening on Bandcamp?

there's usually one or two cool things a year but all in all RSD has become a huge cash grab and most of it is gimmicky picture disc collector bullshit. the last thing I really wanted was that government plates pressing with the license plate

>2016
>multiple rsd black friday threads with over 100 replies

>2017
>one dead thread

What happened?

Oh come on, you’re cherry picking. There were like 3 picture discs for this one.

It's shit and the records very rarely hold their value so it's better to wait until scalper scum panics and sells for $10 per.
Also shit labels not controlling their distros properly caused some albums to be way overpriced in parts of the world. I wanted to get Sleep In Safety but its going for almost $40 in Europe because the label are compete retards.

>it took Sup Forums 10 years to realize the pitfalls of rsd
No, because those complaints get spammed every year. I think it’s either due to the declining number of regular users of the board or the lack of a DG release which most anons in the threads last year seemed to cop

RSD hasn't been a thing in many countries wince a few years ago tho.

This is an American board though buddy.

>how can we make money now everybody pirates?
>i know! a fancy gimmick!

Shouldn't you be at work then, fucking NEET?

It’s Black Friday you absolute retard, most people have the day off

So that's why Sup Forums is so shit today

>today
It's always shit nowadays

bump

bump

I went to my local store today but nothing on the Black Friday list really caught my eye, or really anyone's since it was pretty dead there. Found a copy of Friend by Grizzly Bear on vinyl though so that was sweet

I went, only got Diamante by At The Drive-In.

Apparently they have 100 copies that were randomly pressed on black/doublemint vinyl and I just so happened to get it one.

damn, was hoping to find that one. which store did you get it at?

target

Lagniappe records in Lafayette, LA (kinda shocked desu)

sell it to me

bump

bump