No matter how much I try I just cant into this album. It doesnt bring any emotion in me...

no matter how much I try I just cant into this album. It doesnt bring any emotion in me. Should I try it with drugs or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LBV-ndVoYD0
youtube.com/watch?v=pN7z56WveEc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You should try every album with drugs regardless

I don’t think you’re supposed to feel all emotional listening to it. I typically feel numbed down during a listen.

It's like a feather painted by the tears of a butterfly, emitting a blinding radiance to all Flora and Fauna.

listen to it louder

i dont get it either and i usually dig this kinda music. it sounds so god damn poorly recorded. the melodies are so cheesy and the singing is drowned out to an extreme. i dont get it.

sounds pretty gay, bro

Listen to it more. Over time you'll start to pick out the obscured layers and see how they all fit together. It's brilliant. Each track succeeds in conjuring these otherworldy images in your head.

Listen to it in the dark with a nice pair of headphones. Cannabis helps too. The more you dig, the more you get rewarded. People get hooked on this album for a reason.

i listened to this album sunbathing on the beach. I don't really get any emotions from the album, it's just good for chilling out

I can see why some people would like this album, but everyone on /mu seems to praise this album as a 10/10 masterpiece which I dont understand

It'd help if you grew up with the chart show on ITV. The beginning guitar swoops aren't exciting you or the breathy lyrics so only nostalgia would save it.

It's a post-every-day album, for unknown reasons

Same, it's a 6/10 at best

Play it really loud and do nothing but listen to it.

Honestly. That's how it's meant to be enjoyed.

>not listening to there first album

this. just smoke some weed and really take it i and listen to it a few more times, to really get all the tiny melodies beneath the noise. it will all fall in place like a puzzle and will get it.

>boring guitar music
yaaaawwnnn. Sup Forums needs leave the trails that the oldfags and originalfags left behind. This is a hip hop/electronic/kpop board now. 90% of anons on here just pretend to like this shit because they're trying to impress a group of older people who left long ago

unironically this
the album is so much more impactful when you play it really loud

Am I the only one who dislikes the opening track? Like every track in the album except the opening, can't stand it

The meme's to listen to this album more, but honestly - just listen to more music more attentively. It's one of the most impressively sounding albums of all time regardless of whether or not it makes you emotional or like it all.

It just takes time to have esrs attentive enough to clearly hear through the textures. It's 4 years from when I first heard it until I truly got it.

Don't worry. Listen to what you like, and you'll get it eventually.

nah man you're not alone i can't stand it either. it feel just out of place compared to the rest of the album

>it feel just out of place compared to the rest of the album
Explains why it's the only enjoyable track on the album

IMO this album is really overrated.
It's good if you are into shoegaze, I guess, but if this isn't your thing than it's OK at best.

>HAND OF BLOOD
>RAAHHH

other way around buddy

Uh-huh. Well I am not into shoegaze and I think this album is just OK.

Didn't like this album but then years later and some depression added in I like it..its moody and cathartic

I dont understand why people need drugs to understand this, or why they need to be convinced it's beautiful. It's pretty obvious.

Whether you're too advanced beyond the plebs to feel any beauty from it, and need Autechre for your beauty fix is another question. But then you should understand why

>reddit spacing
hahahahahahaha omg you're such a plep hahahaha rofl lol

You should move on and accept that it just isn't for you.

tfw have sound-color synesthesia and know exactly why this is considered a masterpiece that blew other musicians away when it came out

>everyone
not everyone. I don't like it, save for When You Sleep.

I really like most of the songs in the album, but i just don't 'get' the three after the first track, especially touched. do I need to listen to them more? should i just delet?

>ITT: nu-Sup Forums newfaggotry
Smoking weed can help. Listening with a good pair of headphones too.
If you play guitar, realize that most songs have only three or four guitar tracks and they don't necessarily go through as many effects as you think. Kevin Shields' use of vibrato is admittedly a huge part of their sound.
At first, I thought it was basically glorified pink noise, but now it is an album which has one of the most unique sound design of the 20th-century (if you exclude academic stuff like Luc Ferrari) for me.

Touched was made by Colm the drummer, and it is definitely not as good as Kevin songs, but it's just a minute long snippet so whatever

touched is perfect on the album. it's bizarre and writhing but then somehow has this weird nobility to it. chops up the action nicely and doesn't overstay it's welcome.

>i just don't 'get' loomer
what the fuck is your problem user?

Never really liked it, and I was aware of it when it came out

Anyone got a recent release that expands on this sound?
youtube.com/watch?v=LBV-ndVoYD0

It's ok, I'm looking for something with more post punk percussion

youtube.com/watch?v=pN7z56WveEc

really good production on that