When you see maps like this do you tend to believe the ones that distribute hair and eye colors to larger areas or...

When you see maps like this do you tend to believe the ones that distribute hair and eye colors to larger areas or smaller areas? In my personal experiences I tend to find the larger areas to more accurately represent a population group.

i've never seen a person with red hair in my life

t. huesca, "1-3%" area

Interesting. Every map I've found has your province as being 1-2% Redheaded. I'd guess either their definition of red hair is different from yours or the data isn't very good.

I live on the North East coast and I can guarantee it's way over 1-3% here. Everyone is either red or blond.
t. ranga

oh, I don't know if they consider light brown as red. which would be retarded.

Probably people who have a reddish brown like Cletus over here. (he's just an example, not a statement.

What the fuck even is red hair? How is is an evolutionary advantage in the first place?

this seem r1b associated, except spain.

It is R1b associated mostly. But in case of Spain it's common in the north because of Germanic expansions.
By the time of migrations, Corded Ware heavy East Germanics already mixed for a while with Continental Germanics that were children of Hallstatt Culture, what came to Spain could carry red-hair, just like Celts did from Panonia to West Europe.

Not all epigenetic traits are necessarily evolutionary advantageous.
They might just be "side products."

I've only seen one person of redhead in my region of north of Spain, and he was a moody jew

>How is is an evolutionary advantage in the first place?
Lighter features enable you to absorb more Vitamin D from the sun, which is crucial in rainy/cloudy and cold environments.

How is this possible?? I've seen read headed people here (I personally know one, too), and I'm pretty sure it was because Spanish genes considering they look kinda mestizo.

In my school class had a redheaded partner, we called him carrot (zanahorio) or things like that every day for the laughter of the rest, that made him change schools a few years.

I think that redheads have become extinct because they suffer from bullying constantly in a natural way.

Anyway I do if I see more redheads, although I do not know if to reach 1% of Spaniards, 400000 people.
Example, i have a red-haired cousin (and his father) , living me and they in castellon, east coast

really? even in my school there are 3 redheads

Strange.

I'm Sardinian and I know a bunch fo native redheads

Spanish Inquisition executed gingers

Well this isn't the medieval period anymore, people are constantly moving around so the distribution will be more evenly spread.

>Red hair is most commonly found at the northern and western fringes of Europe; it is centered around populations in the British Isles. Redheads today are commonly associated with the Celtic Nations and to a far lesser extent the Germanic peoples.
>In Ireland, the percentage of population with red hair is estimated to be at around 10%, making it the most red-haired country in the world. According to Britain's DNA, 34.7% of the Irish population carry the allele for red hair, although this doesn't directly translate proportionally into births of red-haired children.
>Scotland also has a very high percentage with around 6% of the population having red hair. Dr. Jim Wilson of Britain's DNA study used a sample of 2,343 people, and found red hair occurrence of 6% in Scotland, with 35% overall carrying the allele and Edinburgh having the highest proportion at 40%. The largest ever study of hair colour in Scotland, which analysed over 500,000 people, found the percentage of Scots with red hair to be 5.3%.
>England has a red hair prevalence of around 4%, with 28.5% of population having the allele; while in Wales 38% of Welsh people carry the red-haired allele.

Red hair is the patrician's choice on women. Looks silly on men lmao.

True.

>on women

and what? risk having a red headed boy? Disgusting

Citations?

spanish inquisition killed less of 10000 people in 350 years, protestant propaganda

Another thing is that they were expelled to America, Africa or Europe for being considered Jews

>for being considered Jews
Same here.
Red hair was associated with Jews.

But that's mostly because Jews that came here, were in fact Askhenazis from Netherlands/Germany.