Now that the dust has settled what is Sup Forums's honest opinion about the Meme in Shell trailer?

Now that the dust has settled what is Sup Forums's honest opinion about the Meme in Shell trailer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=udEJzW_S9F8
youtube.com/watch?v=F5amv-vqUFo
youtube.com/watch?v=elkHuRROPfk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Loads of eye candy. But I'm just a sucker for cyberpunk.

Regarding the actual movie, depends how close to the source material they decide to go. I mean, if they show her trying to rip open a tank but losing her arms in the process then s'all good

This.
I'm gonna give it a shot and I only want to see the tank scene.

Goddamn shes unattractive.

>animu translated in real life movie
>foreign actress to take the role of glorious android with perfect body
>animu full of nude scenes
>film uses obnoxious CG instead

They could have had a Japanese actress going naked on camera instead. They would have saved Johanson salary, unnecessary CG and could have use this saving to make a better movie in overall.

They drop any complex themes from the source material to make it more accessible for the typical movie goer
It will probably end up being a pretty decent action movie with a couple of the famous shots from the original to keep the fans happy

It really is not that important to have her naked.

>expecting them to show nudes in the trailers
Come on man. I'm not saying they won't cut some of the nudity out but there weren't THAT many nude scenes in the original either. She was just wearing that skin tight suit in most of them which made her appear nude because it hugged her nipples so tight in an unnatural unrealistic way.

The only true nude scenes in the first movie were where she was in her room (nude silhouette), when she broke her own body apart causing the camo suit to rip off her body and during the body creation scene at the start.

So the live action could very well have the tank scene in it and in the body creation scene they showed off recently she IS nude. They just show her from angles where you aren't getting full on nipple action and there is a weird segment in the trailer that looks sorta like filler to censor the real footage we might get. Namely the "womb pose" where there is a lot of full frontal action.

>Jew nepotism
>not 95 version
>no nude camo

What the fuck is the point, definitely not paying to watch this shit

Looks really good.

Major doesn't even have nipples though.

>not 95 version
It's clear they aren't doing a complete shot for shot remake of GiTS 95 (which wouldn't be interesting at all) but the trailer clearly features a few scenes that are just shot for shot recreations of GiTS 95 (The naked building leap, the decloaking, the fight scene in the ankle high water etc.)

I want to like it, it looks very cyberpunk, and it certainly looks like they want to make a faithful adaptation, I'll be seeing it, but I know it can't come close to the anime original.

Also, shut the fuck up about Scarlett being the Major, she's a robot template, she doesn't have to look Japanese.

Wow, that first hairstyle edit looks ten times better.

Hope the tank scene is good enough to shell the unnecessary romance plot with Batou.

no

The only scene I can possibly think you're referring to is the Major and Batou on the boat. Which is from the 1995 movie.

Pg13 adaption. Tank scene ? In ur dreams lul

It looks like they've dumbed it down to robocop/deus ex levels.

Luckily, the internet is swarming with manchildren that latch onto things like

>BUH WHHY ISNT SHE JAPANESE???
>WHERES ALL HER MUSSCLESS?
>NO NIPPLES?????
>TACHIKOMAS
>PURPLE HAIR

or
>omg so cyberpunk!!!

They're taking scenes from various GITS media and cramming it into one movie with the hopes that it won't be a fucking mess.

I genuinely feel sorry for whoever is going to have to edit it together.

ScarJo was not a good choice. It has nothing to do with her race she's just unconvincing.

She is quite literally the perfect choice to the point of being on the nose and too obvious

She had a year stretch a bit back where she did like three versions of this kind of character in a row and knocked them out of the park with ease

This isn't Suicide Squad, they're not filming scenes randomly for some trailer editing company to stick together

It's in the movie. What do you think the scene where she's taking cover behind a pillar being torn up by a minigun is

Is she a worse choice than the rest of the cast?

There was blood splatter in the trailer so you never know

Maybe they did this on purpose to make SJ's casting look better by comparison.

youtube.com/watch?v=udEJzW_S9F8

>She is quite literally the perfect choice to the point of being on the nose and too obvious
go to bed scarlett

I am holding off on watching the actual ghost in the shell so I can watch this first. Just incase it was garbage, I would probably enjoy it a lot more if I watch it before the real thing

it should have been Charlize Theron

Big GITS fan here, its been confirmed that they are mainly using the story from SAC 2nd GIG as a base while also mixing scenes and imagery form the 1995 film. Visually it looks good but some lines from the trailer like "your the first of your kind" and "they stole your past" have me worried, GITS isn't fucking robocop.

Maybe its one of those cases where they include lines in the trailer that aren't actually in the movie.

Ishikawa is in one scene and this guy looks exactly like. Ron Perlman should have been Batou, but I am interested to see what le salt King man does with the role

It's loosely adapted from 2nd Gig. Where we found out the Major had no memory of her life prior to her life-saving cyber conversion.

>togusa

Should've gone with the Laughing Man. But with a better ending.

Never saw anything related to GITS, also not much into anime but I want to watch it before the movie comes out.
I know there is a lot to watch, so how do I watch it? Cronological order or Airing Order? and where do I start from?
Could you post a list of both (Cronological order and Airing Order) without leaving anything out, I want to watch it all.

The movies and tv shows are separate continuities right? I'm pretty sure the ?Major's personality is pretty different in the show from what its like in the movie(s).

yeah the show, manga and mamoru oshii movies are their own continuities

outside of that you can pretty much just go release order though.

There's no proper order, there's now five separate 'continuities' as far as GITS goes.

GITS Manga > GITS 2: Man Machine Interface
GITS 1995 movie > GITS Innocence
GITS Standalone Complex > GITS Solid State Society
GITS Arise > GITS The New Movie
Live action GITS

The 1995 movie or Standalone Complex are two places to start, depending on what you prefer. Movie is slower and more introspective. SAC is longer (50~ episodes) but has more of a sci-fi procedural tone and political stuff.

Arise is a psuedo-prequel kind of thing since it looks at the characters at an earlier point of time.

> no Origa

Someone post the Taco In A Shell picture

Hmmm...

youtube.com/watch?v=F5amv-vqUFo

All the cgi to make chubbs un chub

That cover of Enjoy the Silence was pretty poopy.

There's rarely any reason to watch things in an order other than release order.

nah it's pretty good

Well I didn't like it.

You must be hungry shitprograming is hard.

>Batou

how could they mess it up so badly?

This movie is going to be a disaster.

This. They fucked it up by making it about an evil corporation tmaking her a body so they can control her. Fucking lame

Thanks.

Yes, but I wouldn't have know about this if I hadn't asked.
As I said I'm not too much into anime and never saw anything about GITS.

Now I can choose too see it in Airing Order or in the five separate continuities.

If you're going to watch all continuities there's no reason to not watch them in the order they came out in. So again, rarely any reason to use anything other than release order.

all meme aside
from trailer i get this total recall x blade runner mix tape shit look like will be just some scifi flick with great action but will lack story the thing that made anime great beside hand drawn animation was the story this movie will lack the ground story and will be trash in the trailer we see the switch from "What i am" they go for the typical reused action meme "Who i am"
will be good a flick to watch after work but nothing more

You know there is not gonna be any boobs and they'll probably try to do a little retarde spin on the whole thing

Dues Ex has the highest level of writing in a game senpai, it's on par with Plane Scape as some of the best literate out there.

I'm horrified at the DC-tier contrarian-shilling that's happening in regard to this movie.

It looks like shit.

Oh jesus I thought you meant the newer Deus Ex games for a second

How's Arise compared to SAC?

the SAC serie can be canon as a prequel to the first movie

Arise is shit, nothing about it was good

Arise honestly is just really kinda bland and uninspired. It's just there.

It's also the first time since the 1995 movie they recast everyone so your mileage may vary on how much you do or don't like that aspect of it

damn SAC was really good

As someone who doesn't really have much exposrue to GITS, it looks alright from what I've seen so far. Will probably go watch it at the movies for the visuals alone, since like I'm a sucker for cyberpunk shit. If the rest of it turns out good, then that's a bonus.

As far as subject matter sure, but if you mean as is it cant because the movie is dated at 2029 ad and stand alone complex is dated at 2030 ad

>Ishikawa
>black man
is supposed to be a hafu?

I still don't get the original movie. Maybe this one will dumb things down for me.

on this take on the major the cyborg who cost millions of yens cant even stand firm

It's Pinocchio.

Pandora in the Crimson Shell will hopefully be next and finally usher in the age of animecyberkino.

I always thought ishikawa was black. Or black/indian

Serial Experiment Lain?

I hope not actually. These thigs don't deserve to be raped by hollywood. Can you imagine how terrible a Perfect Blue hollywood movie would be?

>that Togusa

wtf

>needless american sterilized remake that creates its own story out of already established story arcs but fill it with shot for shot scenes from the popular movie anyway for "muh nostalgia"

There is no way it's going to be good, just like all the other fucking times they have done this.

They should have given the rights to HBO desu

this. the violence in the trailer was R-rated

Rated R for Retarded.

im so tired of fucking remakes

Meh. Looks watered down and made digestible for wider audiences. It would have to get glowing reviews before I'd bite.

No fucking way.
Also, how do you think they will show GiTS Japan? Will they please Japs wet dreams about "muh Empire, muh regional Super-power"?

>SAC miniseries

I could see it

youtube.com/watch?v=elkHuRROPfk

It would have turned out even worse.