youtube.com/watch?v=S4s-kGT5bFo
youtube.com/watch?v=77N2B4pH374
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not much

Arca

bjorks head

Pretentiousness, lack of talent, feminism also

Break the chain of the fuck-ups of the fathers
It is time for us women to rise, and not just take it lying down.

Vespertine>Homogenic>Post>Debut>Biophilia>Vulnicura>Volta>Medúlla>Utopia

I genuinely cringe when I hear Bjork curse. I'm no prude but it seems like she's trying too hard.

>REEE it's not what I wanted !!! it must be bad!

Utopia is fucking dope bich

Vespertine > Homogenic > Medúlla > Post > Debut > Biophilia > Vulnicura > Utopia > Volta

>"Fuck Trump"
>Muh feminism
>Out of ideas
>Divorced
>Getting old so has to hide her eye circles under ugly Gucci masks
>Losing vocal range
>Made the same mistake with Biophilia (show>music)
>Depends on Autodesk "innovation"
>Lets Arca ruin all her songs
>Writing every song with one melody line

Outside of that, there are some beautiful bits but she'll never attempt to make another Vespertine.

>Bonus: No trannies for a change

I'd switch Post with Medúlla but otherwise I agree.

Too much Arca input, too abstract, not enough hooks, poorly sequenced.

Also:
Homogenic > Vespertine > Post > Vulnicura > Medulla > Debut > Biophilia > Utopia > Volta

Nothing below a 6/10 though

youtube.com/watch?v=_OvDXs-_izc&feature=youtu.be

Bjork LITERALLY gets instrumentals by other musicians and comes up with completely random vocal melodies to sing on top

youtube.com/watch?v=OVzjGyfwaD4
true

at least Heirloom is good though

>>Lets Arca ruin all her songs
>>Bonus: No trannies for a change

wait what?

nothing

Antony Hegarty/Anohni

i kid you not on rym rn its

Homogenic > Vespertine > Post > Debut > Vulnicura > Medulla > Utopia > Biophillia > Volta

that's fucking embarrassing bjork, how can you upset your fans this much

>Musicians should make music to appease fans
I have barely even listened to Utopia but you're retarded.

Why would you misquote me?

I don't really get it. I want to but I don't. It sounds nice but it's like she's forgotten how to write songs. It's just her voice and pretty soundscapes and glitchy beats, and none of it meshes together. It's just kind of pleasant. I imagine I'd enjoy it if I got really high.

she took the fever ray red pill

>that's fucking embarrassing bjork, how can you upset your fans this much
What are you trying to imply with this statement?

exactly what the words mean

LITERAL ten out of ten, her ultimate pleb filter

This is exactly how I feel about it. It sucks because Arisen My Senses is so fucking good but the rest of the album just isn't

If Pitchfork doesn't BNM it and Fantano gives it a 6/10 or lower, Utopia's rating will probably land somewhere in between 3.20-3.25. But if they don't then it will probably stay in the 3.30s

That she upset her fans, and that this means the album is bad? Which in turn means that she should have a happy reaction from her fans for it to be good.

yet there are 11.000 posts about it on ATRL, the plebbiest music forum on the internet, and everyone loves it

but sure

i mean thats how public opinion works lol

So if she appeased her fans, it would be good, correct?

what's ATRL?

It's a pop music forum

lel
it's the mtv total request live music forum

Arisen My Senses is the best track on the album for sure, but it could have been so much better without all the compression sucking the life out of it.

Did anyone else think that Anonhi was a gay black man when they first heard The Dull Flame of Desire?

Fair enough. The only other songs that come close are Courtship and Saint. Sue Me is okay, and I like The Gate but it doesn't fit with the album. The rest I could do without unfortunately.

imo her best song was "all is full of love"

well he is/was gay, i guess he's a trans woman now.

Yeah, but I didn't think he was a gay pale walrus

I have a recurring dreeam
everytime I lose my voo-ooice

Ya'll people who don't like Arca are just haters who don't think that he dropped one of the best albums of 2017 with his s/t

this but unironically

this but ironically

This, Arca is talentless. The production on this album is so muddy, just like his own stuff. Wouldn't make a difference if I listened to flac or 64kbos because it sounds like garbage.

However, there are some good songs here. Blissing Me definitely has an Arca touch to it, but this one sounds clean enough and has a Vespertine quality to it. Future Forever is also really great.

Lol the reason people don't like Utopia is because Arca fucking smashed the production out of the fucking park, bjork on the other hand sounded like a bumbling idiot.

Critics love his self-titled from this year too. I just don't understand the acclaim. His sound is atrocious, but people love it for some reason—people who aren't me.

I just don't think they sound good together. They have completely different sonnds that don't share a space well.

Is this loss?

*losss

>The album was officially announced under the title Utopia and was considered as a complete collaborative effort between the two artists with the album produced entirely by them
>entirely

>Björk – vocals, production, programming, digital flute, flute arrangements, vocal arrangements, choir arrangements, cello arrangements
>Arca – production, programming, electronics, synth melodies, beats
>Rabit – production (track 8)
>Hamrahlíðarkórinn – choir
>Þorgerður Ingólfsdóttir – choir conduction
>Katie Buckley – harp
>Júlia Mogensen – cello
>Hávarður Tryggvason – contra bass
>Robin Carolan – the fifth ear
>Sarah Hopkins – harmonic whirlies (track 6)
>Melkorka Ólafsdóttir
>Áshildur Haraldsdóttir
>Berglind María Tómasdóttir
>Steinunn Vala Pálsdóttir
>Björg Brjánsdóttir
>Þuríður Jónsdóttir
>Pamela De Sensi
>Sigríður Hjördís Indriðadóttir
>Emilía Rós Sigfúsdóttir
>Dagný Marinósdóttir
>Sólveig Magnúsdóttir
>Berglind Stefánsdóttir
>Hafdís Vigfúsdóttir

Nigga those are all instrumentalists and Rabit produces one track.

nothing ur just a pleb

Oh yeah and I forgot about Sarah Hopkins. Yeah.

So what you are in fact saying is that Bjork and Arca did NOT produce the entirety of the music on this album?

>entirely

Exceptions, not the rule. Besides, it's not as if Bjork and Arca themselves said they produced it entirely themselves.

the fact that literally no one can agree on anything in regards to the record just further proves how successful its (pre)release has been. to have people finish listening with such polarizing opinions and to spark such deep debate are signs of a well-crafted album imo

You may not like it, but this is what a peak level producer looks like.

where's the arca appreciation thread

I took the liberty to try rearranging the songs and it's just a slight improvement. The thing is some of them are beautiful like Tabula Rasa or Blissing Me (besides some of the lyrics) but as a whole it's not very salvageable. I couldn't even bring myself to editing it down.

Holy fuck those are real. No wonder it's shit.

I mean I think they can work but I think Bjork should just let Arca have full control of the beats. tell him to make "his style of Bjork music." And then once Arca has made a CD's worth of beats, Bjork then lays her vocals on top, and then ship the album. Thats what Freddie Gibbs and Madlib did on Pinata, and that is easily a top 10 in its genre.

I know for fucking sure Bjork was the one telling Arca to not progress these melodies, and bend to her vocals. I think Bjork is a lot more effective when she lets go of her ego.

His self-titled was not very good, but everything else he's done before is great

i think you mean no wonder it's excellent

Desafio was great tho

>the fact that literally no one can agree on anything
Been seeing quite a LOT of agreement online concerning this album desu - people who liked her more recent, oftentimes aimlessly experimental records claim to like it. People who liked her more earlier, more grounded albums don't.
It's very clear cut.

>claim to like it
Why claim? Why can't you just believe people like things you don't?

Both types of Bjork are good tho

>People who liked her more earlier, more grounded albums don't [claim to like it].
Why can't you just believe people don't like things you do?

That depends on who you ask.

yea, this album lacks some of the grand melodic sounding choruses from her earlier stuff like vespertine. but I feel what it lacks in that structure, it makes up for in its universe creating sound that takes you somewhere else. I think i need to listen to this album more, theres definitely a few tracks that have gotten me off from the very first listen like losss, arisen my senses and the gate. I love the flute sounds and the weird alien bird calls. Utopia sounds like an intense ritualistic orgy taking place in a dense vivid forest on an alien planet. Not sure where I'd rank this yet but its def better than volta and biophilia at least. Not sure If I like it more than vulnicura yet.

is this bait? how could anyone think arcas production is muddy

I still think Bjork shines at times. Haven't listened to the new album yet but Vulnicura had moments that were really good. I loved Notget. I love when she just gets demented and bares her fangs and despite what some people say about the production I thought Arca and the Haxan Cloak were insanely cool collaborators on that album.

It does feel sometimes like she's walking in circles with her general aesthetic though, and that includes her sound at times. That album artwork is... not good.

Hyperballad is my favorite song of all time. What else would you recommend?

in bjork's discography or just music in general?

Nothing! :)

In general

as for songs that evoke that same kind of wind in your hair type of breathtaking feel like hyperballad, Id recommend Feel You by Julia Holter. Really, just that entire album, Have You in my Wilderness was just perfect. Only thing I can think of really close to that hyperballad feel that I know

youtube.com/watch?v=X2JgMniIpRM

see

>It sounds nice but it's like she's forgotten how to write songs.

The songwriting to me sounds like a natural continuation of what was going on in Biophilia and Vulnicura. This isn't anything new at this point, it's just how 10's Bjork seems to be rolling.

Ive listened to this before and prefer Loud City Song. The things which really draw me to hyperballad are the heavy atmospheric feeling and, in particular, the strings layered on the techno beat.

Nothing, it's perfect

>soyboys cringe when they hear a woman "curse"
Colour me surprised
Album's great btw

>implying they're less patrician than Sup Forums

soyboys love it when they hear a woman curse because then the woman defies traditional gender roles which is what soyboys love and desire

Oh. well hmm, maybe try Okovi by zola jesus? exhumed and remains are a+
youtube.com/watch?v=S4s-kGT5bFo youtube.com/watch?v=77N2B4pH374

Hello retard

hello soyboy

I'm unironically not a soyboy

it's the 30+ rule where an artists creativity deminshes/declines after the age of 30, not many artists hold up to the 30+ rule

>the first song on the album is far and away the best song on the album
Meh. She'll never release another Homogenic unfortunately

he's right. women who curse need to be spanked.

mark bell died

This album is so strange and beautiful