/ae/ general - elseq edition

lads

can you believe it's already been a year and a half?
what are your favourite elseq tracks?
which ones do you think are underrated?
how soon until the '16 tour soundboards?

when will the boys get their own nifty streaming site like aphex did?

Other urls found in this thread:

aphextwin.warp.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>albums people only pretend to like

>people who only pretend to have a broad taste

>streaming site like aphex?
huh? can you fill me in on that. also where's the best place to listen to this in full?

I'm starting to become fully convinced that elseq is their best, most creative album

it's definitely not just a bunch of "loose, unedited jams" or whatever bs people were saying about it on watmm

aphextwin.warp.net/

>it's definitely not just a bunch of "loose, unedited jams" or whatever bs people were saying about it on watmm
is that really what they're saying?
i mean you only have to listen to this and Quaristice to gauge a difference between them jamming and carefully structured soundscapes

i dunno if i could even call the 30 min ambient cuts "loose and unedited" they feel like they have a tightness and a reason to them

>is that really what they're saying?
I mean obviously not everyone, but it definitely seems to be a popular opinion. Some also said similar things about exai lol

>i dunno if i could even call the 30 min ambient cuts "loose and unedited" they feel like they have a tightness and a reason to them
yeah, even if there was some spontaneity involved, surely there's no way they could have added so much modulation of timbres etc. on the fly

I didn't like this album when I first heard it, enjoyed it more on the months in between listening to it.

ye same
I wasn't a really big fan of elseq 2 but goddamn c7b2 is massive and some days I just wanna listen to elyc6 0nset on repeat, I think it's the most generative thing they've ever done, and while it can be a little noodly, it's interesting.
chimer 1-5-1 is by far the worst thing they've done, though. I don't think that's arguable.

so fucking embarrassed for you

like the other guy said, Aphex put up a general streaming site a few months ago amid much hype and a goofy countdown that wasn't quite right.

to the OP I'm still butthurt at the total departure from physical releases and I don't pirate music that much so I haven't actually listened yet though I know Sup Forums does feel very positive about the whole arc. Instead, over the past year+ I"ve been discovering the Quaristice-ish stuff that I'd never done before, it's solid.

Recent Vinyl re-issues entice enclosed access codes to yet another AE_LIVE ish soundboard IIRC. Moon pies, what a time to be alive. And

t. fully conversant in the group and really seriously huge fan, yes much more than most of you, but just haven't been fucked about Elseq and the live stuff just yet somehow

is this loss?

>Spotify only has elseq 1
I want die

curvcaten is best track so your all good

I've only listened to the elseq tracks once. I thought they were nice. They play a lot with textures: morphing textures, creating harmonies with textures. I miss when they tried to craft actual identifiable melodies, and when there were crescendos or at least inflection points to satisfy or alleviate all the tension they build so well. Maybe I just need to listen some more to appreciate it.

Does anyone know of a Gescom track or remix from the late 90's or early 00's that manipulates a badly dubbed Japanese gangster film from the 60's/70's? I heard it on some AE megamix in the early 00's but I haven't heard it since.

elseq is fucking amazing. Definitely feels like a step forward in electronic music. I've only listened to 1 because (and I haven't bothered yet to look for the others), but I love it and kinda hope they keep going in this experimental direction.

c7b2

>can you believe it's already been a year and a half?
Only because elseq still offers something fresh to me. Like their other 21st century work, it just amazes me how much detail is in each track. I can totally understand why a lot of elseq may seem very samey in terms of having what sounds like grainy distorted textures on the surface, but tracks (for example feed1) only seem that way because there's a ton of very different sounds interacting with each other in succession, and being able to discern them really puts the music in a whole new perspective.
>what are you favorite elseq tracks?
I like all the tracks, but my personal favorites are feed1, elyc6 0nset, mesh cinereaL, artov chain, and pendulu casual.
>which ones do you think are underrated?
The ones in elseq 2 and elseq 3 in general. Or at least the long as shit tracks on those. I feel that many critics and places on the internet like mu or rym just kinda shat hard on them because they sound very repetitive with no variation or changes happening unless there's a lot of attention given to them. To me these tracks play the most with the morphing textures aspect of the music where something that's already there is being changed wildly rather than the more typical addition/subtraction of parts that electronic music loves to do. Has a lot more in common with very experimental tape music like Karlheinz Stockhausen's Kontakte in that way, but thanks to innovation in technology it ends up doing things that couldn't be done back then.
>how soon until the '16 tour soundboards?
>when will the boys get their own nifty streaming site like aphex did?
I wish I knew.

why do ae fans rank Oversteps so low? Is it just not abstract enough for the pseuds?

It took me a while to actually appreciate it, I thought lowly of it the first time I heard it and dropped it for like 6 months. After returning to it, it now ranks as my favorite.

evry1 lissen 2 voersteps ty, that album is cold as ice

>To me these tracks play the most with the morphing textures aspect of the music where something that's already there is being changed wildly rather than the more typical addition/subtraction of parts that electronic music loves to do.

>They play a lot with textures: morphing textures, creating harmonies with textures

exactly. people not picking up on this is and expecting more discrete layers is probably the reason for the "its just jams" meme