Name a more talented guitar player... Oh yeah you can't

Name a more talented guitar player... Oh yeah you can't.

Even Jimi couldn't hold a candle to this guy, with his shitty blues.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B7mhQipwdb0
youtube.com/watch?v=Rs3t18_uH4w
youtube.com/watch?v=QpEO9rZet6w
youtube.com/watch?v=-YkthieLuw8
youtu.be/zLukR6J-06o?t=2m26s
metalinjection.net/latest-news/drama/former-rings-of-saturn-guitarist-calls-lucas-mann-a-hack-of-a-musician
youtube.com/watch?v=H24UAPsPW6w
youtube.com/watch?v=_PsxU6G0rew
youtube.com/watch?v=cnj2DG7gJIs
youtube.com/watch?v=hn8enFV3BNU
youtube.com/watch?v=pllDbqBFkZc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

he's a hack who records at half speed and his playthrough videos are just the guitar pro file while he pretends to play

Ok.

omar rodriguez lopez

literal definition of soyboy

Prove this to me and I'll eat my shoes. About him fake playing on camera. It's common knowledge he use to record at half speed. He's had plenty of time to refine his art. It's almost been 5 years buddy. Let's be real here.

Ive been playing guitar for 15 years now, what kind of experience do you have by the way?

t. lucas mann

stop coming here to shill your shit music faggot, you're a hack

I bet you dont' even listen to the work of Chuck Shuldiner. If you don't your opinion is invalid.

Wanna call me a hack because I listen to talented musicians and you listen to the radio. Fuck yourself noob.

literally who

embarrassing post

It is a pretty sick burn huh? I'm in no way embarrassed.

John Frusciante.

wth is this

But Jimi Hendrix's guitar playing is actually enjoyable to listen to

>John Frusciante
LOL that's a good one.

cringy garbage guitarist that gets blown out the water by actual great guitarists like Shawn Lane, Guthrie Govan, others I can't remember right now someone help me out.

tl;dr this guy is all show and no go

This has nothing to do with enjoyably of listening. Besides blues are just so played out who really wants to listen to that 4 bar shit or even someone playing it fancy. Not me man fuck that.

Ugh you're not a guitar player are you? And you forgot Chet Atkins, Roy Clarke, hell even Jerry Reed on the Banjo.

ya boi eddie
youtube.com/watch?v=B7mhQipwdb0

Chet atkins the GOAT

I dig Infant Annihilator I was listening to them before ROS How about those dudes in Brain Drill? They something else too.

Better than this shit for brains idiot who thinks he's a virtuoso.

Write me a song not using a blues scale in the Key of A i dare you pussy.

Yes I' am actually I've just have limited myself to one genre recently. I used to listen to shit you posted all the time. Chet Atkins, good, Jerry Reed, good, Roy Clarke, have yet to hear one song of Roy's that I like.

If you had any idea what time stretching double/quad/more tracked guitars actually sounds like in various DAWs you would not say this. There's no way the Rings albums are sped up. And that would require that not only Mann, but all the members of the band, through multiple albums and lineups, were in on it. Joel Omans left the band over personal issues with Mann. There was an interview or an open letter or something in which said Mann was a loser and a bad guy, but he never accused him of speeding up tracks. There are a lot of people in the technical death metal scene who can play material as fast and difficult as ROS. There's no reason to believe they sped things up. They play the songs live so I don't see how this debate has continued at all.

Yeah I get down with some Chet . He's just so good.

fuck off lucas

The first time i heard DINGIR i was like 0_0. That's when I was introduced to ROS was in 2012

>Guthrie Govan
Fucking djent faggot

Way better composer.

>provides multiple reasons why the entire idea makes no sense
>huurrrrr u r that guy lol arguments dont real
You should leave this board.

who is this handsome man? OwO

I own a few ERG's I really enjoy them. My thing was I was heavy handed and mutey back in the day before djent was really a thing. I was playing like Austrain Death Machine and Dethklok. Then I was introduced to DEATH and all the sudden i had to play nothing but harmonic minor hahahahaaa.

Paul Gilbert's a god too. He taught me so much with his little lessons on you tube ect...

>hi im user and i have no argument

Not sure if you're serious or memeing but it's Muhammad Suicmez from Necrophagist.

If i'm wrong don't be too mad. Most white people look alike. And I'm white ._.

A brilliant composer I do agree. Now that I'm positive that's who I thought i was.

*coughs in german*

i dont like djent but guthrie govan is insane. i dont claim to know who's the best but michael hedges and tuck andress are amazing too. i like buckethead, paul gilbert, john 5, and lots of others. depends on what you're looking for. as far as technicality a lot of metal dudes are just insane but the virutosos are the guys that can play anything perfectly no matter what it is. i hate to say it but petrucci is up there as well, his music is just annoying. he did do a nice little album with jordan thats just the two of them though

youtube.com/watch?v=Rs3t18_uH4w

>Guthrie Govan
>djent
What? He's basically a shreddy blues player. Do you know what djent is?

Can't stand this stuff. It may as well just be MIDI.

Haha he's a spokesman for a knock off fender company. I'm sure he doesn't even know how to spell Djent.

> because I listen to talented musicians
bait post
>and you listen to radio.
lol who the fuck uses a radio in 2017

Don't ask me fuckboy I don't listen to that shit.

Plz point out someone faster more accurate and articulate

lol no

luke hoskin

Al Di Meola

The most celestial dude there was. Holdsworth and Shawn Lane were probably the most technically impressive dudes I can think of, though in different ways.

You either have no idea who Govan is, or what djent is, or both. Because Govan falls more into rock / alternative. I don't recall hearing anything he produced that was djent.

no some other dude said someone was a djent faggot for saying guthrie govan so i assumed he had played in a djent group or something. i only know about the jazzy bluesy stuff govan does

he's one of the most respected guitar virtuosos alive and im not gonna say he could just up and play with animals as leaders or something its very well possible. i feel like djent and extreme metal players really nail the insane rhythmics and that in itself is impressive. even if you're playing very simple stuff working in constantly changing time signatures requires you to be totally dialed in and aware of where exactly you are in the song. a lot of jammy guitar playing is just keeping time with a 4/4 beat and shredding. dudes like tosim abasi have a different skill set and core technique that makes them hard to compare to more traditional guitar playing.

i still think tuck andress is super crazy though
youtube.com/watch?v=QpEO9rZet6w

man thats not the video i wanted to post. i guess it got taken down or something. there was one part where tuck was like "ok im gonna play something that a whole band played one time" and he starts with a bassline, adds a little percussion, then a guitar line, then a "piano" part and by the end his hand is just flying up and down the neck with his hand making super precise movements and it really does sound like a couple of dudes playing

hey i found a different version youtube.com/watch?v=-YkthieLuw8

youtu.be/zLukR6J-06o?t=2m26s

>luke hoskin
No not quite the same level. Do you like Scale The Summit?

also btw
metalinjection.net/latest-news/drama/former-rings-of-saturn-guitarist-calls-lucas-mann-a-hack-of-a-musician

none of that means anything to me, when you've released multiple albums and made all that gualla off your music. Then you can have an opinion.

Little turd. Who are you in this world? Probably nothing more then a hack who punches a clock at best... What impact have you made on the world?

dude i like rings of saturn. i own a crazy colored record of theirs worth probably 150 bucks now. i respect all the members of the band and believe it or not, i think mr mann is a pretty talented guitarist. but when you use fucking guitarpro for a song that shouldn't even need it... thats low man. you don't have to be a good artist to know that pic related is shit. are you actually lucas mann? the level of defensiveness is off the charts.

it's probably actually him, he's done the same shit in /metal/ before

that would mean he was the OP if its him. that'd be fucking sad.

What are you talking about?

They really are a ground breaking band aren't they? I never heard anything like them before I first heard Dingir.

there's 61 posts and only 20 IPs in this thread, he's probably samefagging like hell

To be fair I don't frequent 4 chan, but I'm positive I'm not the first fan of ROS to roll through either. Where's the metal section? I don't use 4 chan much I'm too busy on tour.

hilarious

I'm currently in NY and I'm not worried about your ip scanner I'm on mobile hot spot. Track that cellphone tower haha.

The little part about the tour was a joke for sure. Sense you guys apparently think I'm famous or something.

what? Sup Forums keeps track of the number of IPs per thread. no one has an ip scanner. it helps show stuff like and being posted by the same person.

you sound drunk. being popular in any community is a blessing and a curse. its up to you to choose which one you'll focus on.

There's not exactly a manual to 4 chan to my knowledge and if you ask anything you're immedatly a piece of shit lol. I've been posting sense 2011 and i don't know how to even triforce or write in colored lettering. Being popular? Na I'm not here to make friends.

there is a manual to Sup Forums, its called encyclopedia dramatica.

however, aside from all this bullshit, i like humble people. i dont like people that develop some sort of popularity and let it go to their head. its especially annoying if that person develops some sort of retarded god complex and claims they're a better guitarist than jimi hendrix. technically or not it just comes off as douchebaggery. fame whoring on Sup Forums is literally, and i use that word with the original definition, as about as low as it gets. it'd be like me going on Sup Forums and saying i developed a map for a team fortress 2 that gets regular play. why the fuck would i want to do that? because i feel empty inside and the only way to easy that temporarily is have a bunch of people i dont know suck my e-dick? i'd just feel worse afterwards knowing that i put it into place. arrogance is a really foolish thing to buy into. it makes people not like you. it makes people think that you don't deserve what you've worked for. if this is how low its gotten for you though i wish you all the best, because you need it

>encyclopedia dramatica
Thank you for the encycolpedia but I'm a little confused by what you're trying to get at or who you think I am lol. I'm just a dude who's played metal for so long that show shit does nothing for me now.

im saying you're acting like a total faggot on the internet. stop it

Buckethead

Because I made a post asking people for references to faster better guitar players? In an off color manor? Jeeze man you're pretty sensitive. I've still not been shown anyone better then my boy Mann either... Call me what you will but trust me there's much worse out there then me.

Yeah playing since the late 2000s is so long meanwhile cannibal corpse is still playing. cattle decaptitation is still playing. slayer put out an album in 2015. How can one man be such a bitch

That's a respectable answer. Buckethead is a god. I don't think he's really faster though, but I LOVE BUCKETHEAD Cannibal Corpse, Cattle Decapitation, SLAYER... ARE YOU REALLY TRYING TO GROUP THOSE BASIC ASS BANDS WITH ROS? Get the fuck out of here Kerry King is TRASH known for sounding like a HORSE. Cannibal Corpse just chucks and tremolos. Idk if they think they can sweep but they can't do that either man. Cattle Decaptitation is a totally different gen too. WHAT THE FUCK

i mentioned those bands because you said you've been playing so long that playing doesn't interest you any more, which is total faggotry. i posted those bands because they're still or were until recently still playing. after so much longer than you, you faggot. i named bands so much older than you because you are still just a young person who is already bitching out

You must be father time or some shit lol. Reguardless I've been playing 15 years which is HALF MY LIFE SPAN. If you're older then me fine don't mean anything to me you're a stranger on the internet. Also let's be real here Slayer's been krippled. Jeff was the good player in the group I wish it was that bald headed douche bag leather wearing fucking Kerry King who got the axe

dude im younger than you and have been playing that long. 28 years old started when i was 12. slayer was never really that good, but that wasn't the point. if you're gonna come on here and claim youre the best guitarist ever yet fucking bitch out at 30, you're just the lamest metal guitarist of all time. its hilarious to picture a metal guitarist hitting 30 and being like "yeah guys i think im good im gonna resort to buying starbucks and shitposting on Sup Forums while i get drunk now"

pathetic

Who said I'm claiming I'm the best guitarist in the world? Are you insane?

Also I hate coffee, and nobody's shit posting. IM STILL WAITING for someone to show me someone faster, more articulate, and accurate.

>name a better guitarist
>you cant

even though guthrie govan is better

and tosin abasi

GUTHRIE GOVAN IS NOT BETTER lol he's unique but he can't bang out zingers like Natural Selection. Tosin is just a glorified bass player himself.

yeah, guthrie is a lot better. no one would ever need to know a song as technical as natural selection unless they were in ROS. Tosin is probably about as good as you. guthrie would outplay you 100 out of a 100 times

youtube.com/watch?v=H24UAPsPW6w

Lets not forget that ROS is an extremely talented band 100% around. Here's a small sample.

Gene Holgan is still better to me though then even this guy.

I don't agree, he's weird all the way around too. He shakes and shit. Idk about that guy and he likes fretless guitars. That shit is for the birds if you ask me.

I'm gonna reply to myself with a question. Have you ever seen someone smash on a 4 piece like that before? It's un fucking-believable.

i love ROS. mann just seems like a total douche

youtube.com/watch?v=_PsxU6G0rew

>talent

Lol. Talent is a tool for creating something good, not something which is worthy of praise in and of itself. Something being hard to do, something requiring a lot of talent to do - these things do not make something good. It's embarrassing and childish to think about art like that.

youtube.com/watch?v=cnj2DG7gJIs

That's just buckethead noodling. I love BH but he's still just not up to par with ROS totally different feel texture and just all around not as heavy you know? I'm aiming more towards death metal also.

you are such a faggot.

I'm praising everything that's done by these guys. Who are you to say who's talented and who's not?
You're just mad because I came with a strong case and you can't beat it. Suck my cock faggot.

Such an easy cop out to name a well known player like buckethead, or hell even Yngwie Malmsteen who I absolutely LOVE. I love how ROS is not really known to be just a band following a guitar player. They're some insanely talented guys who came together in college and created a fun band, a new sound. They REALLY changed the industry and now EVERYONE'S trying to catch up.

There's not a single band out there that can make a more intense and brutal song. They're all about being gutted to death by Aliens. Come the fuck on what's more metal then that? It's not even of this planet.

please kill yourself

You first ok?

ez

youtube.com/watch?v=hn8enFV3BNU

You may not like this post but check this out. Lucas is such an amazing musician he can make music with common hose hold items...

youtube.com/watch?v=pllDbqBFkZc

Is there anything faggier than deathcore?

It's like death punk for emo wiggers. Objectively the worst genre ever invented.

I'm really enjoying this, I appreciate the post. You're the first person who has made any sense sense I posted this. I dare not say he's actaully BETTER then Lucas Mann but it's no secret that that boy can play!

Got that hint of neoclassical I like it.

HAHAHAHAHA OMG THAT IS TOP NOTCH KOMEDY OMG MY SIDES HOLYYY FUUUCK I'M DYING

DED. GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD