>1926
>human muggle relationships are banned
>interracial relationships are A-OK

Hardest part of this movie to believe tbqh

>Fuck nomad scum but all wizards are equal :^)

Did we watch the same movie? Where did you see an interracial relationship?

I must have missed the interracial relationship you're referring to, but I did roll my eyes a bit when I saw the "president" of the wizards/witches was a black woman.

Then again, I suppose it's not that hard to believe a community of magical people and mythical non-human creatures would be okay with that decades before normies were.

There was no interracial coupling. Human/Muggle relationships are an abomination and should be banned. Gotta keep those bloodlines pure. Gas the mudbloods.

That girl he had a picture of was black. It's just seemed weird and out of place.

I'm not bothered by it so much as i confused by the lack of any proper explanation on why the wizard world is so united (heavy tolerant of the various wizard cultures) during the time period exspecially during the interbellum period.

I enjoyed the movie but needs more world building.

What's so bad about non white people?

Math was invented by non white people

>movie about magic
>this 3 second shot of a picture of a black woman ruined the immersion for me
you may be obsessing about race a bit too much there mate

>exspecially

the hardest part of the movie to believe is that anyone enjoyed it. it was trash

The wizarding world doesn't see race. They see magical and non-magical.

Why was the main character so strange? Was he supposed to be autistic or shy?

I don't believe that macusa, tyrannical organization in the 1920s, would be multicultural for everyone but mugles.

Consider this They excute dissenters on the spot without trial in that fucking goo.

It would make sense if everyone hates each other for the time period.

i haven't seen the movie yet but it seems like people in the magic world care more about magic vs non magic than race. in the harry potter films and books, there are slurs for non magic people but race never comes up. which makes sense since magic ability is more stark of a difference than skin color

It's a world where magic exists, suspending your disbelief about it is part of the contract. Everything else still has to fit though. Just because you have dragons or magic in your movie doesn't give you license to do absolutely whatever you want and break the laws of logic, physics or history.

holy shit, is she he singing house elf in the pub? lmao

Not only about skin but culture and nationality. They did go through a war after all. Wizards may be different than humans but I don't think they'd be free from prejudice entirely considering the little bit of back story we have already.

>human muggle relationships are banned

What concerns me is that in this movie they flat-out state that there is something physically different between muggles and magic people.

This is basically saying that wizards are a different species, so it is a relationship between two different species.

It also means that a pure blood family would be a stronger family because blood/genetics does contribute to magical abilities.

>Just because you have dragons or magic in your movie doesn't give you license to do absolutely whatever you want and break the laws of logic, physics or history.
Explain to me why without being subjective.

>erase New York's memory
>everyone wakes up to find a US senator and presidential candidate dead with no explanation
>this is fine and not worth addressing

garbage ass movie

>but I did roll my eyes a bit when I saw the "president" of the wizards/witches was a black woman.
who is probably the most incompetent character in the entire series.

She looked pretty white to me. Also she was a LeStrange. They aren't black.

This has always been true. It's not a new thing in this movie. Wizards are a better more evolved form of humans.

>Was he supposed to be autistic
yes

Why did he have to say goodbye to the bird thing at the end? Couldn't the bird just come back to him and he could still take it to Arizona?

>erase New York's memory
>obliviate doesn't affect Wizard's despite it working on Wizards in other movies
>this is fine and not worth addressing

So yeah... Chamber of Secrets? are we just ignoring that movie now where obliviate clearly worked on many witches and wizards?

Are they supposed to be the good guys?

>implying Bellatrix was a Lestrange.
She was born a Black. She married into that name.

the wizards were wearing fedoras which kept their heads dry and protected them from the mind wipe.

She didn't look black at all and LeStranges are white

would fug Bellatrix

>216 KB PNGAre they supposed to be the good guys?
> No

Its intended that they are evil also - just not as evil as Grindelwald.

Grindelwald would kill muggles and things

Magical United States would just inter-species relationships banned and wipe people's memories constantly while lying to the people

fuck it i'm with OP

No Native Americans, arguably a great source of spiritual and magical inspiration.

But a BLACK WOMAN can run the world of Magic in America... yeah alright sure

>the wizards were wearing fedoras which kept their heads dry and protected them from the mind wipe.

I'm not sure if you are joking or not. The movie was dumb enough that this may have been a thing.

Though people inside who were dry were affected also... so fug this movie.

but magic does break the laws of logic and physics, constantly. And don't even get me started on the "history" of an entirely fictional culture

This is as retarded as the people complaining about a black woman in Laketown for 3 seconds in The Hobbit. It's totally made up, it's not even a fictional take on real events like something like The Three Musketeers, it's an entirely invented world

And like this faggot pointed out
there's a billion other things that made even less sense using the logic of the setting. Focusing on 1 chick in a photo who was black is retarded, especially when there were interracial relationships back then even if they weren't smiled upon

>tfw she will never put her wand into your urethra while playing with your nipples

why didn't they get tyra banks instead?

They have an excution room on hand for insta kills without trial. They aren't exactly better than grindelwald.

>No Native Americans, arguably a great source of spiritual and magical inspiration.
there was a Native American, and she was pretty cute. it was during the meeting with all the heads of the various magical associations in the world.

>Focusing on 1 chick in a photo who was black is retarded, especially when there were interracial relationships back then even if they weren't smiled upon

Except

> Newt only had a crush on her, never a relationship

So this entire discussion is void.

it was clearly shown the people inside drinking the water, taking a shower ect. You have to come in contact with the water at somepoint in new yourk in 1925. No bottled water,filters ect. Not that filters would work on magic anyways..

exactly, it's even more retarded. It could have been a taboo relationship that never went anywhere because it was the 1920's but people are still triggered that the movie even suggested a white man could like a black woman

>but people are still triggered that the movie even suggested a white man could like a black woman

People are triggered because the movie was dumb

>it was clearly shown the people inside drinking the water, taking a shower ect. You have to come in contact with the water at somepoint in new yourk in 1925. No bottled water,filters ect. Not that filters would work on magic anyways..

Except what about the people who didn't drink water during that short rain that lasted about 10 minutes? And what about the wizards and witches who would have a drink of water?

>No water filters

>lasted ten minutes

seemed like it was shown to last a good amount of time, but I'll have to rewatch it.

As far as wizards not forgetting, it's because it's magic

>frogs are now gay

thanks harry

>And what about the wizards and witches who would have a drink of water?
they probably sent out a message to wizards to dehydrate themselves for a bit.

Is every wizard duel from now on just gonna be one character walking towards the other flicking aside random puffs of CGI like a jedi deflecting blaster shot?

how creative, brave Rowling

Don't forget about force lighting

She married into the Lestrange family though. She was a member of the house of Black.

Newt was the one with the photo, and he wasn't American

The backstory is that the Salem Witch trials were actually real, which discouraged purebloods from coming to the US. The trials were aided by some wizards/witches who wanted to steal land/settle rivalries.

This "Scourers" were eventually hunted down by the MACUSA, which was formed in response to the trials. Some escaped though, and hid among the nomaj. They taught their descendants to hate magic (and that it was real) as a form of long term revenge.

This lead to one guy eventually figuring out where MACUSA was (tricked a witch into loving him, stole her wand and went to the press with it in the 1800s) and then he rounded up some sympathizers and shot up the MACUSA entrance (no one died, and those shot were nomajs, but it freaked wizards the fuck out)

This led to some harsh laws, and a low level but constant feeling of fear/hate toward the nomaj population.

Number one rule of humanity user: nothing breeds unity like a common enemy.

in the muggle no maj world at the time Blacks were very much treated like second class citizens, they wouldn't even be able to walk in to many establishment let along prance around like they do.

The Scamander -> Lestrange is interesting largely due to the Lestrange family being one of the oldest and most powerful pure blooded senpaitachi... their scions were among the first death eaters.

Maybe the scamander family were too low.

>And what about the wizards and witches who would have a drink of water

magic

>Except what about the people who didn't drink water during that short rain that lasted about 10 minutes

it infected all the water everywhere

oh yeah, and throwing cars around with the force

fuck at least the later HP movies had different color puffs of CGI, this was all just blue/white shit

Blame Yates mate.

Although, most wizards in the books can't fight for shit, it's just shooting jets of light at each other in most battles, with only higher tier wizards getting fancy.

Considering most spells only move at the speed of a thrown baseball (and about as accurately) no wonder the wizards were antsy about the non magical world finding out.

>oh yeah, and throwing cars around with the force
controlled wandless magic is legit, but only the absolute top tiers can do it like Dumbledore and Grindelwald. I think Voldemort and Snape did some wandless shit too.

>One of the deleted scenes involves Queenie getting more into the comparison between Hogwarts and Ilvermorny
>She ends up singing the school song
>Alison Sudol apparently wrote the song herself

>That girl he had a picture of was black.

Get your eyes checked. She was white as fuck.

It's a black and white photo and she's fairly light skinned... but Leta Lestrange is played by Zoƫ Kravitz.

She is not white as fuck, but why does it matter?

>Neil Fagman

>Yates
still fucking mad he fucked up the Dumbledore Voldemort battle. it was so cool and badass in the book, but in the movie we got Dumbledore looking feeble and falling over. wtf.

>get your hands off me you fucking mudblood

seriously Raimi?

>hating on based Gaiman
time to leave, reddit

His wife is superior.

Fuck that fag brit.

does WB have the film rights to this?

>tfw always wanted to see Grindlewald vs Dumbledore adapted
>mfw it'll be this fucking talentless cunt David Yates who will be directing it

They will soon

>Percival Graves was a pretty cool guy with a reasonable motivation
>I guess he's not that ba-
>BUT WAIT! WE CAN'T END THE MOVIE WITHOUT ANOTHER TWIST! TAKE OFF HIS MASK
>OLD MAN GRINDLEWALD?!

Bullshit ending.

you really didnt see that coming?

>That face when it's a near shot for shot replication of the ridiculous Harry vs. Voldemort fight, with Dumbledore and Grindelwald falling/flying around the towers at Nurmengard.

>Come on Gellert, let's finish this the way we started it

It ain't about not seeing it coming. It's just how boring and pointless of a reveal it was. They should have just left Graves as is

>I'll get you kids!! And your little magic bird, too!!

Hard to believe if you are a retard.

Interracial relationships have long standing in England and no law, at least since the 15th century, prohibited interracial marriage.

Easily the worst part of the entire movie. That scene, and the five minutes surrounding it on either side detracted from the movie as a while.

>That scene, and the five minutes

Pretty sure it was 20 minutes

It's like they didn't know where to end the movie.

I'm thorn Sup Forums

In one hand, I really LOVED the hell of this movie, pure bliss fairytale with no stupid "le deep philosophical meaning", just pure lore, action and setting

In other hand, I really, REALLY want to fit in, be respectable member of Sup Forums and thus I'm forced to hate on this movie and bash it because that is what all cool Sup Forums kids do
I don't know. What do

Welp thanks for the heads up ill pirate this.

not to mention our first intro to the most badass dark wizard in Europe was him getting captured and taken to jail lmao. it's pretty pathetic.

unless getting caught was part of his plan.

sure they could have, but they need to set up the next spin off of Grindlewald vs dumbldore in an intense action show down with CRAAAAAZY special effects 10x bigger than the other movies

by the time they're done raping the franchise to death the original books/movies will be insignificant compared to the cgi fuckfest prequels they will make

>Fantastic Beasts makes me want to re-watch the rest of the movies
>currently on Azkaban
>this scene
>the niggest little boy in Britain says "Black could be anywhere" while all those whiteys staring at him

Sup Forums I've had the giggles for a good half hour

Hitler got taken to jail, that's where he started writing Mein Kampf

He also almost took down an entire squad of aurors by himself.

>Newt uses magic rain to wipe memories
>people indoors are somehow affected
>fat guy isn't wiped because he was not in the rain
0/10

Just do what the rest of us do: hate it and shitpost on Sup Forums, and love it and upvote on Reddit.

It's the best of both worlds desu

Hitler killed a bunch of wizards?

I just watched this too and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my seat for the last 30 seconds it was so painful.

>Ayy quirky fairy movie lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place

based fucking hitler lel

Weren't the people indoors like showering or using the drinking water?

Jacob got wiped though, it's said that the venom works best on bad memories.

Jacob got to learn about magic, go on adventures, feel useful again, and kiss a beautiful mind reading witch. Mostly good times there.

>unless getting caught was part of his plan.
Well, according to lore he escapes back in Europe and establishes his Prison.

If he found out who was running Gringots it fucking explains a lot

Nigger he was in the rain. Queenie just used a magic umbrella so she could kiss him without losing her own memory, before and after which the fat dude got fucking soaked.

He forgot everything about the events that happened. A few tiny shreds of memory stuck with him, but only enough that he 'thought' of them as ideas for pastries.

Were there Jew wizards?

Goldstein

>people actually went to see this of their own free will

>Queenie just used a magic umbrella so she could kiss him without losing her own memory,
Not really correct. I don't think she would be affected by rain because we saw bunch of Aurors just walking in the rain restoring city. It either does not affect wizards or they can use some protective spells

>seemed like it was shown to last a good amount of time, but I'll have to rewatch it.

It starts raining, muggle and the others do the goodbyes, muggle gets in rain, others leave, muggle turns around and walks home as rain stops and sun rises/sets

the aurors were wearing fedoras which protected them from the formulae.

we already discussed this, they had magic fedoras

excellent quality

>Tina Goldstein