80's japanese music is legitimately good, not just something you know from the youtube recommendations...

80's japanese music is legitimately good, not just something you know from the youtube recommendations, listen twice and then let it go, admit it, Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Udtz2kK3RLc
youtube.com/watch?v=TUu1-OkeYt0
youtube.com/watch?v=2VV5_AfJbAw
youtu.be/ODebErZ97NM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I love it too, it's really great stuff.

Soyboy garbage.

is there an essentials chart or anything?

City Pop on RYM

there's this thing

Jpop is fine, but I'm more into 80s post-punk/new wave, Japan had a great scene for that.
youtube.com/watch?v=Udtz2kK3RLc

Such an awful chart, I wish people would stop posting this.

i've heard some of these too, but i'm more of a 80's jpop man myself

If this is you, sorry I've been taking so long to reply.

It is, and I just sent you a little something ;)

I saw, I'm already downloading it, lol.

Nice!

whats so cool is that i really love Maria Takeuchi and Tatsuro Yamashita, and then I found out they're married

80s JPOP POWER COUPLE

Fantastic record deserves a lot more attention her voice is fucking amazing and telephone number is the best track next to I love you so

how so?

So its basically the whole album, plus a live version? That's pretty neat. Did you end up getting that Space Shower DVD?

I also got my Pevo CDs a couple of days ago, I could send them to you if you'd like. They're from before the Monogramme members joining though.

>Haruomi Hosono
God, I love him. He makes wonderful music.

youtube.com/watch?v=TUu1-OkeYt0

such soulless music

what do you people find in it?

youtube.com/watch?v=2VV5_AfJbAw

anyone who has been listening to nakata for like 2 weeks would not put kyary over meg, ami suzuki, COLTEMONIKHA, and capsule, who is in the electronic section for some reason with one of their most poppy albums (it's still a very good album but like, why put perfume and kyrary in the pop section but not them). anyway,
city pop section is basically a youtube playlist missing many major artists. equivalent would be making an 80s U.S pop recommendation chart and leaving out MJ, Janet, Madonna, Bowie, Prince....etc. only two sections but you see where i'm going here. i think these charts are all kinda stupid irregardless

oh *western not U.S

Looking at pictures of Japan(ese people, cities) from the last century makes me sad for some reason.

I wish for Pop, instead of Ayumi Hamasaki - Rainbow, they had put Ayumi Hamasaki - Loveppears or I Am.

Speaking of Japanese stuff, anyone into Kazumi Watanabe?

youtu.be/ODebErZ97NM
This one is recent but it sounds like 80s pop

that's enka, dude

That’s cause anime hadn’t existed yet and the bombs hadn’t dropped.

Nigga, I don't know. In ex-commie bloc countries we call it "estrada"

They want to be part of the next niche thing post-vaporwave. The vast majority of it is lauded as the best of the 80's when really its mediocre. Only a few releases really stand out

>Anonymous 11/25/17(Sat)04:14:22 No.764

herp derp a herp

Back to

At least jazz, rock, folk and some of ambient on that chart is good.

Some of electronic music*

oh yeah quite a few of the albums selected are great, but i think the person was just being a lil too ambitious trying to do so many different sections. called out those two in particular cause i'm very familiar with 70s/80s/90s j-pop
i dunno, there's obviously nothing wrong with getting recommendations but to follow such a giant specific chart is a bit much. isn't part of the fun discovering shit yourself?

The jazz and electronic sections are rubbish too.

honestly the worst part of it is how people think "80s japanese music" means "city pop" thanks to these weebs worshipping elevator music
there's way way more sonic variety in that era that unfairly gets overshadowed because people want to create a particular mythos about what japan is like

>Fishmans
>Pop

can you please delete this chart?

Would like to like to listen the Pevo stuff.
Yeah Peace got the whole album live.
Aissle has assorted live tracks, and Boil has 4 tracks that were cut from the original release so it's called the "complete edition".
Unfortunately I didn't get the Space Shower DVD this time around.

>dream pop isn't pop

The quintessential 80s Japanese album

Techno kayo was the peak of pop music

>dub is dream pop
kys