What do you guys prefer?
Blueray or DVD?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QH9RmQfMB34
youtube.com/watch?v=GGAgQpJkD0A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DVD had better advertisement

youtube.com/watch?v=QH9RmQfMB34

That's no excuse for not preferring Blue-ray.

neither I stream or if I want to watch it in great quality I download it

>Blueray

It's Blu-ray, nigger!

VHS is the vinyl-kino of movies

pleb

>DVD had better jewish tricks
damn I sure want more of that!

I prefer to draw each frame by hand and use a flip book.

Am I to understand that there are people ITT who still buy physical discs with movies on them? It's 2016.

>He hasn't seen it, heard it or felt it.

No, it's not. If anything, VHS is more like an 8-track tape.

yah bo

if the film was made before 2004, dvd
if after, blu ray

Retard

>tfw your great-great uncle's multi million dollar film collection literally rotted to worthlessness within his basement
He had millions of dollars worth of films from the early talky era. I'm not bullshitting you anonymous I stood in his house after he died. The entire basement filled with reels. The first floor scarified to reels. Most of the second floor with shelves and shelves donated to reels. Even his projector room had been claimed by his collection that he could no longer even view.

They were all destroyed by the acid in the film stalk. Every last reel. There were no survivors.

Unless you're somehow buying archival quality Technicolor investing in film is a dumb idea.

Are you retarded? Film has way more quality than digital movies, quality that you wouldn't even appreciate in a shitty DVD. Let me guess, you watch camrips and are a VLC YIFY fag.

I'm a firm believer that BluRay is the single greatest advent in home theater technology.

I hope my fellow Sup Forums repairmen continue to buy BluRays so we are able to see further classic film restorations.

>jump from VHS to DVD
>"oh shit holy cow that quality that convenience that capacity those extras"

>jump from DVD to Bluray
>"oh shit i gotta buy a new tv for that little improvement?"

>little

The jump is bigger than vhs if you have a 65 inch tv

does she have a longer neck in the other picture?

At least post the full size image OP you hopeless fucking mongoloid

Assblasted autists

DVD

Bluray just doesn't feel right

Yeah, I too still use music cassettes. CDs just don't feel right.

>HD freckles
That's the choice for me.

Why are you people here so full of shit?

You had to have tweaked this picture. Is this a bait image?

I remember when I first got an hdtv (55 inches) and saw Bluray for the first time (2001: A space odyssey) and my jaw dropped on the fucking floor. DVD and of course VHS look like shit.

i prefer your dick in my cunny

Not all transfers are created equally. Some blurays I have seen look like absolute shit with unsightly grain.
Film does have a higher resolving power than most digital formats but that does not really mean shit. Example, watch the bluray of Black Swan and you can easily pick out the shots that were shot on film.
DVD seems to really have a bad reputation on here for having terrible quality, but the fact is DVDs look just fine. You seem to think those YIFY rips you download are the same as the actual DVDs.

DVD's DO look good, but BluRay is leagues ahead. The worst Bluray trounces the dvd version.

It's honestly baffling we've gne all these years without high definition. It's like wiping morning crust from your eyes.

Is there any benefit to blu ray movies over a 1080p torrent?

I know my ps4 plays Blu-ray but I never get the chance to use it

>The worst Bluray trounces the dvd version.

You've obviously never seen Predator on Bluray

We'll, a bluray is uncompressed user.

What size files do you download

Bluray ad for comparision

youtube.com/watch?v=GGAgQpJkD0A

What the fuck? Is that real or a shoop.

Whatever crap is available on well known sites, sometimes the quality is 720p

Its the Ultimate Hunter Edition

Blu-ray can be faithful to a fault.

It brings mistakes into greater focus and grain on old films, while the sign of a healthy transfer, can be pretty distracting.

>2010's in a nutshell
>MOVIE LOOK LIKE VIDEOGAME NOW
>VIDEOGAME PLAY LIKE MOVIE NOW

The earlier blu-ray was fine, though.

That's all compressed, similar to a youtube video, jpeg picture or a webm file, it blurs the frames together to save space. In an actual bluray every frame is a rectangle of 1080 x 1920 pixels with no distortion

>blueray
>thumbnail
>images.jpg
fucking smartphone cancer

glad i didn't pick that version when i bought my predator Blu-ray

SUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGEEEEEEEEEEEE

Bluray is better for mastubation tb͏h

Bluray is too high quality for me, creeps me out

Why do blurays have to come in that ugly ass neon blue case though?

>He pays money to stream sub-DVD quality "HD" movies and has no control over what is available to him and when it is given or taken away due to licensing

I am reminded every day that retards like you exist whenever there are "OMG WHY DID NETFLIX REMOVE [SHOW] I WAS ONLY HALF WAY DONE