What album is widely considered awful but you still find yourself coming back to it?

[Pic is related btw]

it's one of my favorite albums

it has letter to hermione tho

why?

kek what genre is this album (fuck sorry for the double reply, i’m still new at this site)

that’s on space oddity silly

SOMEONE ELSE LIKES THIS ALBUM I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE

I like it as well. Comfy.

synth-pop
word

I really thought this was unfairly panned. Some good ass songs on it. Seeing them live on that tour was awesome too. I'm a huge sucker for synth pop and 80s music in general though.

BUY ME A COAT WITH BUTTONS OF SILVER

in my top 10 t bh

This is my ultimate guilty pleasure

Not do much coming back anymore but I do enjoy it enough to give it a 7

I think this is to easy and light, but it's got some decent tunes.

This Love is one of my favourite songs ever

ding ding

It's only widely considered awful on Sup Forums.

It's just incredibly serviceable, so much that it actually becomes offensive. It doesn't shock me at all that Do I Wanna Know was reddit's top song of 2013.

i liked lulu

came here to post this

i don't care

Man I love these albums

Is this really considered "awful" overall though? I think it's considered inferior to their later work and gets put down even more due to Albarn saying it sucks.

It's basically their Pablo Honey. Most fans will either say it sucks or they act like it's a guilty pleasure, and yeah, a lot of that is because the band pretty much disowned it. But it's really undeserving. It's filled with great songs and it's got enough diversity and genuinely well written and catchy material to be pretty impressive for a debut. It's only real flaw is that it's not very original or unique for the time. But once again, I think that's perfectly forgivable for a debut album and also considering how much they evolved by the time "Modern Life" came out.

May be nostalgia, but looking back to it, it was actually pretty solid pop. Too bad they went down HARD after that.

Sing is one of the best Blur songs

I find this album very comfy